• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if God is actually more of a female than a male? (Meant for Christians)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Okay, most of us believe God and angels have no sex, right? But when Angels came down to earth in the Bible, they leaned toward the male side. They appeared in the form of a male.

I've been thinking lately about The Da Vinci Code. If guys wanted to keep women below them, why not say that God is more of a male figure than a female figure?

Why come some people use the term "Mother Nature"?

What if it's like Bees, God is the queen bee and the angels are the workers?

So is it possible that God is more of a female figure than a male figure?

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well it's like the Father, The Son, and the Holy Sprait. Why would members of the Church want Women below them when they are equal to eachother in the eyes of God?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Well it's like the Father, The Son, and the Holy Sprait. Why would members of the Church want Women below them when they are equal to eachother in the eyes of God?

Because for a long period, that was exactly the mentality not only in christianity, but many other cultures as well. Still is in some, but I seriously hope that's not new to you.

1) I don't believe in god.
2) If I did, I would presume that God has no set gender. Rather, God is an entity.

My reasoning behind this: nothing of, or similar to the human race could be responsible for the creation/ bringing into existence of the universe. Though Christianity has depicted the higher power to be masculine for ages, mainly because society has had sexist views since the dawn of man.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
1) I don't believe in god.
2) If I did, I would presume that God has no set gender. Rather, God is an entity.

My reasoning behind this: nothing of, or similar to the human race could be responsible for the creation/ bringing into existence of the universe. Though Christianity has depicted the higher power to be masculine for ages, mainly because society has had sexist views since the dawn of man.

Not exactly true. Most of the ancient "societies" (as far as they could be called such) were actually more woman-centric.

Not exactly true. Most of the ancient "societies" (as far as they could be called such) were actually more woman-centric.

Only cause the sandwich wasn't invented yet.
OH HO HO

Anyhow, you make a valid point. But I argue that most societies with monotheistic beliefs are primarily sexist.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ehh I'll throw the Muslim POV here

In may languages, certain words are inherently feminine or masculine. Like in French, ma is the feminine version of mine while mon is the masculine. Since television is inherently feminine, I have to say ma television even though I'm a male.

Allah is the Arabic word for God and is inherently male, which is why we use He. Just grammatical, gender is something present in the creations and not The Creator.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Interesting way of thinking.

I don't think God has ANY gender. I think rather than a person, he is a force, like a presence. Putting a gender on him just doesn't work for me.

Radiant Princess

I don't think God has ANY gender. I think rather than a person, he is a force, like a presence. Putting a gender on him just doesn't work for me.

I also agree with this. Alot of people say God is more masculine that feminine because Jesus was a man but I think people would have listened to him as willingly if he was a woman.(because of the sexist views at the time)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I kinda thought this as well. It could be possible that "God" is an inanimate object like the sun since... well if assuming life on solar systems form from one and the cycle repeats once the sun explodes, black hole, and resets life again. Maybe "God" used to be a single form originally like a huge sun but divided into smaller ones throughout the universe. Ehh yeah don't take me too seriously, I'm just throwing ideas in the air.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If any creator-being linked with humanity were to have a gender, female would be more sensible and fitting, if that really makes much of a difference.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
The way I see it--if God really is omnipotent, then he/she/it would not be limited to something like a gender, genders have limitations. God shouldn't have limitations, so I'mma have to go with whoever else said no gender.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If you're directing anything to Christians, then you know Christians believe Jesus is God incarnate. The Son of God.
Jesus was a man.
God is referred to as King. Lord. Father. Those are all masculine terms.

These expressions, as well as Christianity itself, came from an early Jewish society thousands of years ago which was insanely Patriarchal. Men had the power, so it was logical that God was a male too, so it was expressed that way. This residually affected language, which is the only reason why so many terms used (and still used) are masculine.

In fact, there are quite a few biblical entries referring to or a facet of God as "Lady Wisdom" which I would've gone ahead and cited here if I hadn't lost my study book.

However, this doesn't actually mean that God is any sex or gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back