• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What I Did't Like About KHII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I can agree with you guys on many things. Like this game being short and no Org members not having a real story. Actually none of them did except for few. This game was short it was not as long as KH1. Disney Castle was the shortest level it was like a 2min cake-walk. All the Boss in KH1 were atleast hard half the bosses in KH2 were nothing but Weaklings just they had alot of HP!

So in short They need to go back and change some things about KH2 if they release a GH(Greatest Hits) Version of the game

BlaZinbritt11588

Mighty_Joe_Z said:
my problems with this game was that:

#1. Org. members, most of them had no story, just showed up one time b4, then the next time u see 'em, u kill em. Like Xigbar, the eyepatch guy, just showed up twice and then he died. ou didnt get to know anything about him.

#2. i think the ending scene with them on the beach talking was a drag. they didnt show enough of wat happended to everyone else in the worlds. PROBABLY THE MOST DISSAPPOINTING PART OF THE GAME

#3. No Tidus or Wakka! yea i know, i know..."they had no part in the story." Still, it wouldve been cool to see ur friends again.

#4. Levels were WAY too linear and short. I was SOOOOOO excited when i could finally play in Disney Castle, and to find out that was the shortest level in the game was a huge dissapointment. it took me like 25 mins. to beat that level, plus there was no real story or boss, just the Steamboat Willie part, which was also incredibly dissappointing.
#5. NO TRAVERSE TOWN!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! I guess it didnt have much to do with the story, but I miss that snazzy background music.

#6. After the beginning, Roxas had no real part to the story. They barely showed him AT ALL. Namine also had no real part either. She was in the game for what, 16 seconds? And yea, i know..."They were their nobodys, so they had to be there." at least incorporate them into the story a little more....and i thought we would get to play as roxas again!!!

#7. Damnit! I wanted to go back on Destiny Islands!! I wanted to explore the actual town.

#8. These plot holes sucked. I dont wanna wait another 4 years to find out what happended to Maleficent (Pete cant die of course, because me living 2 mins. from Disney has taught me that true disney characters, such as mickey, donald, goofy etc., arent allowed to die.)

#9. I BEAT THIS GAME FASTER THAN I BEAT KH1, AFTER I HAD ALREADY PLAYED KH1 3 TIMES!!!!!!! Less than 40 hours is a complete dissapointment...is it me, or did anyone
else here Nomura say this game was like 2.5 times larger than the original?

#10. Twilight Town sucked, u only revisted once, for like two seconds.

#11. The levels are WWWAAAAYYYY too SMALLL....like 3 rooms every level...stupid:mad:

#12. The whole Hollow Bastion being renamed Radiant Garden deal sucked. I though that there would at least be new missions.

#13. The characters should have been a little more enthusiastic when they reunited, like when sora and kairi met, or when sora revisited the disney worlds....theyre just like "oh, hi sora....i havent seen u in a year, AND u saved my world, but hi."

#14. The disney bosses had no tie into the main story like they did in the last game, which totally sucked.

#15. I know this is part of the story i guess, but i wouldve liked to see a little more Riku in the game, right?

#16......not a problem, but was Riku the glowing eyed unknown from the trailers?????? Who was that?

Ok, even after all that, i still love the game and gameplay mechanics better the KH1, but i think i liked Kh1 better, u know, the story and everything...

oh yea #17. THEY BETTER MAKE A KH3....WITH SORA!!!!!!....i dont want this lame-ass stoyline to be the end of SORA's STORY....

peace

....i agree with everything you just typed!:D xcept i have a #18. They NEVER thanked namine!! nor did they EVER bring up what happened at castle oblivion. that really pissed me off.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
For those of you complaining about Nomura saying it was larger, he meant memory wise. Memory wise this game was larger. In fact, almost too large for PS2's DVD's disc memory. I agree with most of what you are saying, but I absolutely hated FFX-2. I didn't go around telling all the people who did that I hate it. I expect the same from you. If you hated the game, don't come to our "house" and insult it. This is all I ask. This goes for all the other people. I care about your opinion, and it's nice for you to express it. Most of us who enjoyed the game would rather not hear you complain. The game had it's flaws. Get over it. KH3 will hopefully correct them.

ur-vile

Awards
KH2 improved on the first title in almost all aspects. Story-wise however, I actually was disappointed. The first game, despite all it's flaws, had a wonderful narrative... perhaps the best this gamer has seen grace video gaming.

While I really did like some of the twists in KH2 (DiZ = real Ansem, for one) overall I found the plot bloated, uninspired, unfocused... like most of Square Enix's stuff imo. There was *way* too many characters and storylines going on at once, and I don't think any of them were told very well. And I really expected to cry a few times in this one. I think one of the better scenes in the game is when Sora gets all choked up before heading off to Yen Sid's castle. There are a couple other scenes that I expected my would pull my heartstrings (Axel's demise, Goofy getting knocked the FUDGE out) that more just lightly tugged at them. That goofy scene could have been what Aeris was to FF7. Not that I expected a main Disney character to be killed off, but they could have milked the thought of it a lot longer. And while is was awesome to see King Mickey be a major player this time around, It would have been nice to know about his adventures. One more thing, while it tied to CoM, I never got the impression Sora figured out what happened in Castle Oblivion, nor did he seem to care all too much. I know the journals you collect explain things, but unlike KH1 they seem just thrown in as a side note then being a major plot device.

And Jiminy... after being a major player in CoM, we see him all of about 15 seconds in KH2... wtf?

I loved KH2, don't get me wrong. As a fun, enjoyable, well-produced video game it exceeds almost all my expectations. But it didn't turn into the fine piece of digital art that it could have been.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the mostly wonderful voice work. ATTN Square Enix: please allow Disney to handle all US voicework in the future.

EDIT 2: Is it just me, or did the US KH1 have *way* better lip syncing than US Kh2?

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
is was easy but it was longer than kh1 and kh2 on proud was easy and kh1proud was hard

ur-vile

Awards
imkeyblademaster said:
is was easy but it was longer than kh1 and kh2 on proud was easy and kh1proud was hard

That too.

Forgot to mention the XIII's #1 guy... worst Square Enix villian EVAR. God, Tingle from the Zelda games is less of a pansy.

lua_crucialus

#1. Org. members, most of them had no story, just showed up one time b4, then the next time u see 'em, u kill em. Like Xigbar, the eyepatch guy, just showed up twice and then he died. ou didnt get to know anything about him.

That's true, most organization members should have more developed personalities although they didn't make them that way because it's not something necessary to the plot.

#2. i think the ending scene with them on the beach talking was a drag. they didnt show enough of wat happended to everyone else in the worlds. PROBABLY THE MOST DISSAPPOINTING PART OF THE GAME

If they showed everything that happened to EVERYONE, the ending would be probably one hour or more. Get over it.

#3. No Tidus or Wakka! yea i know, i know..."they had no part in the story." Still, it wouldve been cool to see ur friends again.

Don't bothers me at all that they didn't appear

#4. Levels were WAY too linear and short. I was SOOOOOO excited when i could finally play in Disney Castle, and to find out that was the shortest level in the game was a huge dissapointment. it took me like 25 mins. to beat that level, plus there was no real story or boss, just the Steamboat Willie part, which was also incredibly dissappointing.

Then again, get over it, most disney worlds on KH2 are fillers and most of the time you spend running around worlds without the plot advancing at all.

#5. NO TRAVERSE TOWN!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! I guess it didnt have much to do with the story, but I miss that snazzy background music.

Why don't you go play KH1 if you miss Traverse Town. There's Twilight Town.

#6. After the beginning, Roxas had no real part to the story. They barely showed him AT ALL. Namine also had no real part either. She was in the game for what, 16 seconds? And yea, i know..."They were their nobodys, so they had to be there." at least incorporate them into the story a little more....and i thought we would get to play as roxas again!!!

I actually agree that Roxas should have appeared more than only twice at the end. But it's understandable why he didn't. Still, he should show up more, then again, he's Sora and Sora's the main character. About Namine, I agree but I don't care at all.

#7. Damnit! I wanted to go back on Destiny Islands!! I wanted to explore the actual town.

Better luck the next time and if Destiny island appeared, it would be another filler world probably.

#8. These plot holes sucked. I dont wanna wait another 4 years to find out what happended to Maleficent. (Pete cant die of course, because me living 2 mins. from Disney has taught me that true disney characters, such as mickey, donald, goofy etc., arent allowed to die.)

About Maleficent? Oh well, I don't want to know, I don't care.

#9. I BEAT THIS GAME FASTER THAN I BEAT KH1, AFTER I HAD ALREADY PLAYED KH1 3 TIMES!!!!!!! Less than 40 hours is a complete dissapointment...is it me, or did anyone

This game is LONGER than the original, I beat the original in 16 hours or so and I beat this one in 35 hours. Maybe you if don't watch the cutscenes you can beat it in less time.

You can explore twilight down if you want, the only two worlds that you spend a rather large ammount of time in are, TWTNW and Radiant Garden.

#11. The levels are WWWAAAAYYYY too SMALLL....like 3 rooms every level...stupid

Stop whinning. The levels are short, but at least there are many levels.

#12. The whole Hollow Bastion being renamed Radiant Garden deal sucked. I though that there would at least be new missions.

Don't care, the name sounds good enough.

#13. The characters should have been a little more enthusiastic when they reunited, like when sora and kairi met, or when sora revisited the disney worlds....theyre just like "oh, hi sora....i havent seen u in a year, AND u saved my world, but hi."

The caracterizations could have been better, yes. ( don't want to discuss about this )

#14. The disney bosses had no tie into the main story like they did in the last game, which totally sucked.

Every single boss in the story sucked, appart from Xaldin who was challenging and the disney bosses are no exception.

#15. I know this is part of the story i guess, but i wouldve liked to see a little more Riku in the game, right?

I think Riku appears enough, the problem is that you spend half the game doing things that have nothing to do with the organization's plot.

#16......not a problem, but was Riku the glowing eyed unknown from the trailers?????? Who was that?

DiZ? I don't know.

Ok, even after all that, i still love the game and gameplay mechanics better the KH1, but i think i liked Kh1 better, u know, the story and everything...

Kh1 game system was ok, but you have to agree that this one is better, the battles are much more dinamic and you can develop more your own style of fighting. There's no arguing against that.

oh yea #17. THEY BETTER MAKE A KH3....WITH SORA!!!!!!....i dont want this lame-ass stoyline to be the end of SORA's STORY....

I doubt it, from what I've seen from the secret ending the 3rd game seems to happen before the first one.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Mighty_Joe_Z said:
my problems with this game was that:

#2. i think the ending scene with them on the beach talking was a drag. they didnt show enough of wat happended to everyone else in the worlds. PROBABLY THE MOST DISSAPPOINTING PART OF THE GAME :(

#8. These plot holes sucked. I dont wanna wait another 4 years to find out what happended to Maleficent. (Pete cant die of course, because me living 2 mins. from Disney has taught me that true disney characters, such as mickey, donald, goofy etc., arent allowed to die.)

#11. The levels are WWWAAAAYYYY too SMALLL....like 3 rooms every level...stupid:mad:

peace

1.Do we really need the biography of every enemy we meet? No because no one gives a flipping care.

2. How about looking at the credits for once? They actually show everyone in the aftermath.

3. I hated them both. And they were mentioned. Thats enough for unimportant characters.

4. If you didn't rush the levels, looked for treasures, read what characters said, appreciated the graphics, it seems a lot longer

5. If you want the "snazzy" music, you have the Internet. Look.

6. Um..Roxas was the reason why Sora could kick butt,...and Namine helped Kairi get out of her cage..Roxas can be emo all he wants but I will never play as him twice.

7. Who cares? No one.

8. Plot holes rock. And you will have to wait twice as long for Kh3 if you want to believe it exists<<

9. See? You rush through every game you find. How about appreciating the years of hard work Square put in both games.

10. TT rocked! And you could visit it anytime after a certain point in the game. You are way too picky.

11. You said this already you freakin baka-.-

12. I like the new name. Much nicer.

13. Just go play the game again. AND PAY ATTENTION! They are extermly happy.

14. That is because this story is about the Nobodies. Not the heartless. Tell me, did you even pay any attention to the plot?

15. Omfg..You havent realized that the cloaked guy who worked with Diz was Riku? And Xenahort's heartless was Riku?

16. It is Roxas. But they took out the eye part

17. They will not make a KH3. Get over it. Even if Nomura does, you will have to wait at least 8 years or higher. Sora's story is over. He has nothing else to do. Get over yourself

Those are my 2 cents. Just had to post because I hate whinners and complainers.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
KHII still kept the button mashing, along with that occasional Reaction command as well. But we didn't see much of that.Even still, I'd play it again if doomprinny would give it back...

SHUT THE **** UP

RADIANT GARDEN IS 9999GET

finding_twilight

Bloodstained Angel
Sure the game has some flaws, but I still LOVED IT! That is all. (Though it DID bug me that they never thanked Namine and never questioned WHY they were sleeping or anything about the other five members they already killed)

ur-vile

Awards
One more thing I forgot: On proud mode, they should have pentalized you for mashing the triangle key. I actually liked that the reaction commands were simple and didn't require you memorize the controller (see: God of War), but you should have been required to time your button presses.

EDIT yet again: Another thing KH1 did right was throw a suprise boss at us. The first time running into that demon from Fantasia is one of my favorite gaming moments. Could have been made up for if the 1000's Heartless Battle wasn't dumbed down to a Triangle button mash-fest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back