• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happens if Roxas takes advantage of time travel and crosses into the past?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Will he become Sora at the same time, or will he just be unable to get into the time period of the start of KH1?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There would need to be a vessel for him to travel into, right? Or he'll just be a time traveling heart. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how the time travel works?

Anyway I guess it depends on if you still count Sora and Roxas as the same character. They kinda are and kinda aren't. Roxas shouldn't turn into Sora because that's not what his heart is, he's a part of Sora but also his own person/character too. He's a special case. He grew a heart but not while he was in Sora, even though his heart returned to Sora. I just confused myself.

I say..he'd turn into Ventus lol.

okhi12

Awards
There would need to be a vessel for him to travel into, right? Or he'll just be a time traveling heart. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is how the time travel works?

Anyway I guess it depends on if you still count Sora and Roxas as the same character. They kinda are and kinda aren't. Roxas shouldn't turn into Sora because that's not what his heart is, he's a part of Sora but also his own person/character too. He's a special case. He grew a heart but not while he was in Sora, even though his heart returned to Sora. I just confused myself.

Yes, a version of himself would have to exist at the destination. I wonder if Sora and Ventus count as a version of him... If Ventus does, Roxas could potentially reach the age of fairy tales, lol.

But he's his own person now. Most likely he would only be able to return to the time he existed as himself while Sora was sleeping in the pod.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yes, a version of himself would have to exist at the destination. I wonder if Sora and Ventus count as a version of him... If Ventus does, Roxas could potentially reach the age of fairy tales, lol.

But he's his own person now. Most likely he would only be able to return to the time he existed as himself while Sora was sleeping in the pod.
Lmao! If Roxas ever went into the age of fairy tales he'd lose his mind. They have a clocktower but no sea-salt ice cream to eat on it. There is no sea-salt in the fairy tales age is there? I can't remember seeing one.

Your estimate on Roxas only going back as early as his existence does sound correct though.

okhi12

Awards
Lmao! If Roxas ever went into the age of fairy tales he'd lose his mind. They have a clocktower but no sea-salt ice cream to eat on it. There is no sea-salt in the fairy tales age is there? I can't remember seeing one.

Your estimate on Roxas only going back as early as his existence does sound correct though.
If there's no sea-salt it's no fairy tale at all. Not for Roxas. His worst nightmare. All the dark Chirithies would haunt him.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Time traveling Roxas sounds like a very interesting idea.

Like, the plethora of possibilities for spinoffs and fanfics I'm not even kidding xD

disney233

Awards
Don't we have enough Time Travelers in this game...? In any case at this point I'm pretty sure Roxas has a heart of his own, so if he were to time travel he'd probably still maintain his body & heart...or play a Sora and use the Power of Waking. Sora has it so odds are he does to. The 'It has been there all along' nonsense tropue.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Don't we have enough Time Travelers in this game...? In any case at this point I'm pretty sure Roxas has a heart of his own, so if he were to time travel he'd probably still maintain his body & heart...or play a Sora and use the Power of Waking. Sora has it so odds are he does to. The 'It has been there all along' nonsense tropue.
Even though Roxas has a replica body, I'm sure the rule of "body discarding" would still apply to him.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Wouldn't Roxas' "vessel" be a replica body since his current body/"vessel" is a replica? Does this mean that Roxas and Xion can time travel freely since they are beings that don't have original "vessels"?

I'm hoping Nomura sweeps time travel under the rug ASAP because it can turn into mayhem.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wouldn't Roxas' "vessel" be a replica body since his current body/"vessel" is a replica? Does this mean that Roxas and Xion can time travel freely since they are beings that don't have original "vessels"?

I'm hoping Nomura sweeps time travel under the rug ASAP because it can turn into mayhem.
Remember that you can only traverse to the past or future if there's a version of yourself there, as in, your heart. It has nothing to do with a real body or not. Since Roxas is a byproduct of both Sora and Ventus, he could, hypothetically, go far back as far as Ven.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

I'm...not sure. I'm no expert in the fields of KH time travel lol.

Remember that you can only traverse to the past or future if there's a version of yourself there, as in, your heart. It has nothing to do with a real body or not. Since Roxas is a byproduct of both Sora and Ventus, he could, hypothetically, go far back as far as Ven.
At the risk of sounding dumb, How did Vanitas and the norts travel to the future via these rules for KH3? They had replica vessels waiting for them but not their hearts. I was under the impression they just needed a vessel that corresponds to the time traveling heart. Again my knowledge of KH time travel sucks. I just nod my head at whatever nonsense they feed me on that front.

Nukara

Awards
I'm...not sure. I'm no expert in the fields of KH time travel lol.

At the risk of sounding dumb, How did Vanitas and the norts travel to the future via these rules for KH3? They had replica vessels waiting for them but not their hearts. I was under the impression they just needed a vessel that corresponds to the time traveling heart. Again my knowledge of KH time travel sucks. I just nod my head at whatever nonsense they feed me on that front.
They just had hearts.
Nobody can have hearts.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They just had hearts.
Nobody can have hearts.
I know, but did the Replicas they took over have hearts? Those were suppose to be empty vessels designed to look like Vanitas, Xemnas, Ansem, Repliku, and Young Xehanort. But they weren't the real things, they couldn't have the actual hearts at the time of takeover because they were being brought from the past.

Back