• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened to YouTube Khux support?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
So, where are all the YouTubers that used to post videos on aspects of the Khux game? Smelly Octopus, why has he abandoned the game and those of us still playing? All the former YouTube producers are gone. Where can one find the latest on medals, whether the medal is worth the pull, constructive comments, etc?? Is the game on its last legs? Will it make it to Christmas? Maybe no one is posting because there is little to no content anymore. No story updates, no nothing.

Honestly, it makes me sad and ready to dump the game even before they pull the plug themselves.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Aside from the sporadic story updates, there's really not much to record and share now. KHUX introduces medals at such a fast pace that creating F2P guides can be a bit difficult when events are based around the new medals.

On top of that, YouTubers do what they do for monitization. Not really much point to create videos for a game that doesn't get that many views, and in turn not much money when they can focus on other, newer, more popular games at the moment to get that cash. I was recording special events for Sign but I stopped when the Keyblade War got to a point where I couldn't make a dent in their health (which only changed a month ago) so to me, it wasn't worth continuing on.

I had a look at Smelly Octopus's YouTube feed and their most recent KHUX video was three weeks ago about whether to pull or skip on a banner. Doesn't look like he's abandoned KHUX but it does look like he's scaled it back (he use to make F2P guides and stuff right?).

For the latest on medals, while it's not a YouTube video, Roboloid posts upcoming medals and their information on his Twitter which is a great resource.

Foxycian

Awards
Honestly, it makes me sad and ready to dump the game even before they pull the plug themselves.
the game currently is unplayable and very hard unless you whale or have luck on your side when you pull, point is I only play cause i want to watch the story as my own avatar character, I stopped playing for fun years ago cause this game almost made me broke, anyway you don’t have to quit just cause some youtubers left, just play for the story and dark road, if you ended up quitting then you can always watch the story through YouTube👍

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
the game currently is unplayable and very hard unless you whale or have luck on your side when you pull, point is I only play cause i want to watch the story as my own avatar character, I stopped playing for fun years ago cause this game almost made me broke, anyway you don’t have to quit just cause some youtubers left, just play for the story and dark road, if you ended up quitting then you can always watch the story through YouTube👍

Just sounds like you've been making poor decisions with your jewels tbh. I'm not defending the predatory, gacha nature of this game but it's more than doable for F2P.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I fully understand YouTubers and the whole monetized incentive to create and post content that garners more interest, subscribers etc., but it was so nice to follow Smelly Octopus when any new medal came out and he offered up details and pretty much helped many of us decide whether to pull or not. I know we can't expect for anyone to hold our hands and tell us how to play the game, but it was just nice that he was following along with us and helping along. He kind of just dropped Khux. The last video was on the SB trio offering, over 3 weeks ago. Many new medals have come out and...nothing. Zilch from Octo. I'm no longer subscribed to his channel, but still check in every once in awhile. He was my "go to" guy. I wish him and his beautiful family all the best in the world! He is very missed in Khux.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts franchise as a whole felt like it went on a hiatus after Kingdom Hearts III so I'm not at all surprised that people are dropping Union Cross. When the X sub-series began, most of us assumed that it was leading to Kingdom Hearts III.

perraanalkx

The Kingdom Hearts franchise as a whole felt like it went on a hiatus after Kingdom Hearts III so I'm not at all surprised that people are dropping Union Cross. When the dqfansurvey X sub-series began, most of us assumed that it was leading to Kingdom Hearts III.

I stopped playing for fun years ago cause this game almost made me broke, anyway you don’t have to quit just cause some youtubers left, just play for the story and dark road, if you ended up quitting then you can always watch the story through YouTube

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I've thought a lot about KHUX and why I stopped playing it.
I think it boils down to... I just don't like mobile games. I don't play any mobile games at all. My friend is always recommending me new ones to try but... after about a month I fall off and become extremely disinterested.

Weirdly enough, if the uh.... "series" (chi, unchained, unchained x, dark road, etc etc) had stayed in a browser game format, I think I would've kept up with it. Even if it was gatcha like, I dunno. I would be able to remember to login every day maybe and play a few missions a day.

But with my phone? I just can't do it. I'm honestly surprised entire youtube channels managed to survive with the mobile format, but maybe I'm just a weirdo who doesn't take mobile games seriously enough.

I don't blame them at all for falling off for a while or forever.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Weirdly enough, if the uh.... "series" (chi, unchained, unchained x, dark road, etc etc) had stayed in a browser game format, I think I would've kept up with it. Even if it was gatcha like, I dunno. I would be able to remember to login every day maybe and play a few missions a day.
I actually stopped playing χ[chi] regularly at a certain point, only logging in to see the story updates, because (on my computer, anyway) the game ran like shit.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually stopped playing χ[chi] regularly at a certain point, only logging in to see the story updates, because (on my computer, anyway) the game ran like shit.
I can imagine. It's easier to make a game like this on the mobile format than keep it in the browser, which is probably why they switched in the first place. I'm making my own browser game and have similar performance issues, but it just won't work on mobile so I'll have to find a way to optimize it. And by "it won't work", who wants to read a comic on a small screen? Not I.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh, there isn't a lot of them anymore.

I think the only one I've seen lately is SmellyOctopus and he does more than KHUX.

But yeah, game is slow, mainly just farming gems and stuff right now, so there isn't much to talk about.
Sorry sorry about the double post but I found another that's ACTUALLY UPDATING right now.Dlegend of KHUX. At least he's updating right now, unlike SmellyOctopus.

But yeah, I like to know if I want to pull or not. So I do try to find those.

Last edited:
Back