• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened to the heartless after KH 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Where did they go?

• Complete destruction

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

In one of the many plot points that wasn't touched upon, we didn't get conformation of the fate of the heartless once the final battle was finished. Obviously the events of the endgame didn't feature EVERY heartless, unversed and nobody during the climax nor did we recieve confirmation of their extinction. I remember in KH 2 that Yen Sid says that for heartless to disappear, everyones heart must be filled with light, creating nothing for them to be created/subsist on. So in light of this unresolved plot hole, I leave it up to your discretion. What do you think happened?

Obiewantsanipod

I think they'll still be an enemy we encounter in future games, I don't see them going anywhere, with the possible exception of those with the heartless emblem. The Unversed are gone as far as I'm concerned, and so are the nobodies. Although I woundn't be surprised if Vexen and Demyx can still use them, albeit for good.

At one point Xemnas told Xion that they don't need Axel's soul, only his heart, which leads me to believe that the next kind of enemy they will be introducing will have something to do with the soul.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Cant speak for Nobodies but Heartless should always be around as the main enemy group. Also with Xehanort gone Maleficent should have control of the Heartless once again. She will probably use them in the next saga.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
They're applying for unemployment.

Nah, like Swoosh said, they should always being the main enemy group and chances are Maleficent will be using them again.

But I can see the Heartless maybe not appearing all the time in KH4 considering where Sora is at the moment.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As Yen Sid once said, as long as there's a single heart with Darkness in it the Heartless will be around in some form.

In which quantities and at which locations is up to debate but they won't be completely gone.

Considering Radiant Garden seems to be fully restored I wonder if Ansem the Wise and the redeemed apprentices will destroy the Heartless Manufactory as that would mean no more new Emblem Heartless.

Depending on where the new saga goes the Darklings may get to play a bigger role as well as possibly more Nightmare Dream Eaters including Nightmare Chirithies.
Yea, plural, who is to say that the Nightmare Chirithy of the Player Avatar is the only one that exists?

D

Deleted member 34215

Hello,

In one of the many plot points that wasn't touched upon, we didn't get conformation of the fate of the heartless once the final battle was finished. Obviously the events of the endgame didn't feature EVERY heartless, unversed and nobody during the climax nor did we recieve confirmation of their extinction. I remember in KH 2 that Yen Sid says that for heartless to disappear, everyones heart must be filled with light, creating nothing for them to be created/subsist on. So in light of this unresolved plot hole, I leave it up to your discretion. What do you think happened?

That's not a plot hole. Heartless come from darkness, which still exists. It's pretty much impossible to completely eliminate the heartless, unless you erase all the darkness.
Even emblem heartlesses are probably so many that eliminating every one of them would take forever.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree with the others that the heartless wont be going anywhere, they are the series main mooks and will probably remain so, they existed regardless of Xehanort, he just brought them into this realm and caused them to multiply like crazy.

Seeing the games so far kind of implied that emblem heartless can create more emblem heartless, I assume even they we'll continue to exist even if the manufacturing machine is dismantled.

As for the Nobodies, I'm not sure they'd return as enemies, but they will continue to come into being. However if the knowledge that being destroyed after ones heartless can restore you I could maybe see them fight Sora just so that they could be recompleted.

Unless Vanitas returns or someone else shows up with his ability I do not see the Unversed returning though. Which is fine seeing they really were just an alternative version of the heartless covering many of the same types.

I do like the suggestion Sephiroth0812 made, with the Darklings and Nightmare Charities.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
We gonna fight noise, heartless, soulless, nobodies, unversed (depending on Vanitas' actual fate or maybe another emotional character), and nightmares in the next game. EVERYTHING.

Seriously though, we didn't even seal any keyholes which was generally what closed off heartless to a world so I guess they're like common animals so they'll just keep living in worlds forever.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There is also the possibility of light based enemies. I'm not sure where they could originate from but I always wanted to see more of light as an opposing force.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Rewatching all the secret movies and one term that showed up in Another Side, Another Story that was never used that I'd like to see as an enemy type is Endless.

I have no diddlying clue what they'd be like, but it sounds cool.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
We gonna fight noise, heartless, soulless, nobodies, unversed (depending on Vanitas' actual fate or maybe another emotional character), and nightmares in the next game. EVERYTHING.

Seriously though, we didn't even seal any keyholes which was generally what closed off heartless to a world so I guess they're like common animals so they'll just keep living in worlds forever.

You know now that you mention it, Sora not sealing the keyholes of the worlds he visits post chain of memories, seems rather wreckless.
After all with the heartless still around, the events of kh1, where worlds fall to darkness because of the heartless can still happen. Sealing the keywhole was the only way to prevent that. Did they at least seal Destiny Islands?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You know now that you mention it, Sora not sealing the keyholes of the worlds he visits post chain of memories, seems rather wreckless.
After all with the heartless still around, the events of kh1, where worlds fall to darkness because of the heartless can still happen. Sealing the keywhole was the only way to prevent that. Did they at least seal Destiny Islands?

I thought all the keyholes were sealed when the worlds were restored? Isn't that way in KH2 and beyond they have to find "new gateways" to the worlds, where the worlds lead Sora to them?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, I'm under the same impressiom Audo is. The walls and lost worlds were restored and the breach the Heartless used to enter the RoL was sealed, but that doesnt mean the keyholes to the world's heart were all sealed. Otherwise I dont know what Sora sealed at the end of CoM.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In KH2 the walls between worlds was restored, but not necessarily all worlds had their keyholes locked.

Was it ever confirmed that a world like Beast's Castle or Land of Dragon's was returned with the keyhole open? I assumed all the worlds that fell to darkness and were saved had their keyholes automatically locked upon reemergence (like a default setting).

Hoarse_Phuqer

Sephiroth is a prime candidate as one of the future master of the heartless. I kinda had this fantasy that we would get a dlc featuring the Final Fantasy characters in their own mission where they go after Sephiroth, who has started messing around with heartless by having them consume the hearts of worlds, only for Sephiroth to swoop in as the worlds end and absorbs that delicious Lifestream, all with the intent of becoming a god-like being set on ending all life.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
There is also the possibility of light based enemies. I'm not sure where they could originate from but I always wanted to see more of light as an opposing force.

With the Fortellers being symbolised as antagonists, this seems extremely likely. I'd love this idea, it would recontextualise the purpose of light and darkness if the heroes faced fellow creatures of light that attacked anything with a trace of darkness.

Back