• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened to Terra's heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
That makes sense. I did think that it was a given that a Nobody would be produced, but this also makes complete sense.

I would also like to argue that, we have seen an instance of where Master Xehanort performed a sort of "Xehanortification", where he perhaps fragments and sends a part of his heart out, and we have seen where he explicitly ejects his own heart out to transfer his being. What he performs on Sora in KH3D is different from the method of transfer he used on Terra in BBS. I'm assuming the same goes for Braig, as after his eyes have become yellow, Master Xehanort is still coexistent with him. He didn't transfer his whole being.
I think the transferring of heart ability that Keyblade Masters attain that you mentioned have more to do with what Master Xehanort did to Braig and what he tried to do to Sora, rather than what happened with Terra. So it's still not exactly clear why a Heartless and Nobody wouldn't of been created at that time.

As for the rest of what you have written, I agree with it on the scope of what we already know, and yes we should base conclusions on the information provided straight out to us, but if you look more at the cryptic things, like the recent teasers for KH3, it raises lots of questions.

The fact that Young Xehanort himself mentions that the Keyblade that Master Xehanort wields is one of the most ancient of all is, just to start, very mysterious. As we know, this Keyblade design shares many similar characteristics to the Keyblades of all the foretellers.
Then we have the dialogue between Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus, where Young Xehanort speaks of a "Lost Master". While it would be natural for Young Xehanort to know about it given that it seems that Eraqus also knew this information, what is interesting is why Young Xehanort brought it up, and why Eraqus was pretending not to know anything. All of this irks of suspicion and has a lot to do with what exactly this man "Xehanort" is. I think it would be quite naive to assume that he is simply a very attained Keyblade Master.
Lastly, in Chi we actually see a cloaked figure, wearing the Organization cloak, speaking among the other 5 Foretellers. They all seem to be listening to him intently. What is said, however, remains hidden. How is this not all suspicious? How can it be that a single person has such foresight and wisdom, being able to a certain extent predict the future? Is it right to simply refer to him as a "Keyblade Master", much less to compare him to the abilities of Eraqus, who was struck down by his own pupil?
Not to mention that this foresight ability also lines up with the Foreteller's text which was also discussed in Chi, and only the Foretellers have access to that...
I am just wondering about Xehanort's keyblade's design. It looks very ominous. Xehanort's keyblade looks like it has a Heartless, possibly the Guardian that seems to always accompany Ansem Seeker of Darkness.

Anagram

Banned
I would also like to argue that, we have seen an instance of where Master Xehanort performed a sort of "Xehanortification", where he perhaps fragments and sends a part of his heart out, and we have seen where he explicitly ejects his own heart out to transfer his being. What he performs on Sora in KH3D is different from the method of transfer he used on Terra in BBS. I'm assuming the same goes for Braig, as after his eyes have become yellow, Master Xehanort is still coexistent with him. He didn't transfer his whole being.
I think the transferring of heart ability that Keyblade Masters attain that you mentioned have more to do with what Master Xehanort did to Braig and what he tried to do to Sora, rather than what happened with Terra. So it's still not exactly clear why a Heartless and Nobody wouldn't of been created at that time.
To be honest I think it has more of an argument for the reverse. Xehanort being a troll was scattering many potentials like with Braig but he never transferred his main self.
With Terra he saw a new body not a pawn. To extend his life he extracted his heart entirely and placed it somewhere that will keep him in the living world longer.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
When Aqua enters the "golden dimension" during the second phase of the fight though to work together with Terra, the Guardian is the only targetable enemy.
The one who isn't present is Xehanort.

The Guardian being Terra's heart is looking more and more likely.

Anagram

Banned
The Guardian being Terra's heart is looking more and more likely.

That or it's at the very least Terras darkness being manipulated by Xehanort. (since it and Terra are separate from each other in the part Sephiroth0812 is mentioning)

468px-Final_episode_03.jpg

marshmelloman420

My theory about the whereabouts of Terra-Xehanort post Kingdom Hearts 2 after the destruction of Ansem SOD and Xemnas is that rather than existing as another Seeker of Darkness separate from Master Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort exists "inside" Master Xehanort's heart. If you don't understand exactly what I mean, think of how Ansem SOD existed inside Riku's heart, or how Sora's heart at one or multiple points in time harbored Kairi, Roxas, Ventus and Xion. So when Master Xehanort first forced his heart into Terra creating Terra-Xehanort, Terra's body became a new vessel for Xehanort's heart, and Xehanort somehow trapped Terra's heart inside his own. This would explain why Xehanort was able to keep control over Terra's body and explain why he told Terra in Blank Points that "in the end your heart will be engulfed by mine forever." I believe that Xehanort returned as Master Xehanort because he used Terra's body to temporarily transform himself into his old body, similar to how in KH1 when Ansem SOD possessed Riku and transformed his body into Ansem's.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
My theory about the whereabouts of Terra-Xehanort post Kingdom Hearts 2 after the destruction of Ansem SOD and Xemnas is that rather than existing as another Seeker of Darkness separate from Master Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort exists "inside" Master Xehanort's heart. If you don't understand exactly what I mean, think of how Ansem SOD existed inside Riku's heart, or how Sora's heart at one or multiple points in time harbored Kairi, Roxas, Ventus and Xion. So when Master Xehanort first forced his heart into Terra creating Terra-Xehanort, Terra's body became a new vessel for Xehanort's heart, and Xehanort somehow trapped Terra's heart inside his own. This would explain why Xehanort was able to keep control over Terra's body and explain why he told Terra in Blank Points that "in the end your heart will be engulfed by mine forever." I believe that Xehanort returned as Master Xehanort because he used Terra's body to temporarily transform himself into his old body, similar to how in KH1 when Ansem SOD possessed Riku and transformed his body into Ansem's.

This would be all a very possible and reasonable theory if we had not laid out the fact already that the Master Xehanort returning in Dream Drop Distance is indeed the recompleted Master Xehanort back in his true body. Terra's body is not Xehanort's natural residence so he would not be a complete person again according to the recompletion process if he would still having his main essence surfing in a body that does not belong to him.

The game itself (as usual), doesn't spell it out directly:
Master Xehanort said:
All of this was decided. My twelve selves would welcome me here on this day, when I would return a complete person. It is the future which lies beyond my sight.

As so often with this series (which also contributes greatly to its story being "complicated"), the actual facts were spilled only in two different Ultimania books:
DDD Ultimania said:
Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

Kingdom Hearts series Memorial Ultimania said:

The question as to what happened with Terra's heart and body is left a deliberate mystery (although there are quite some strong hints that at least his body is still used as another Seeker of Darkness).

Anagram

Banned
Yet another thing poorly conveyed in the actual game media. That or people are just clinging to the idea of Terra-Xehanort returning as the main one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yet another thing poorly conveyed in the actual game media. That or people are just clinging to the idea of Terra-Xehanort returning as the main one.

That seems to be sadly the case, yup.
I really don't advise to make a drinking game out of how many important things are either poorly conveyed or not at all addressed in the primary medium with this series.
One might end up in the hospital...

This is also possible of course, there are several issues in the series where people apparently cannot fathom that their old interpretations/headcanons turned out to be false.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I really don't advise to make a drinking game out of how many important things are either poorly conveyed or not at all addressed in the primary medium with this series.

That sounds like a fun game...
Tequila shots whenever the game doesn't explain the plot enough to be understood or just leaves out important parts. Cruel, but fun.

So, Terra's heart...Part of me hopes for SE to find a stupid reason to put it in Ven's heart. I know it doesn't make ANY sense at all, but we'd have Eraqus' heart in Terra's heart in Ven's heart in Sora's heart and THAT would be funny. <3

Anagram

Banned
VoidGear said:
So, Terra's heart...Part of me hopes for SE to find a stupid reason to put it in Ven's heart. I know it doesn't make ANY sense at all, but we'd have Eraqus' heart in Terra's heart in Ven's heart in Sora's heart and THAT would be funny. <3
I kinda hope Terra ended up in Riku somehow. Not sure why but it seems like it'd be simpler in the long run. Save him in a similar way to Roxas.

LeonesFangs

Website
leonesfangs.deviantart.com
To be honest I think it has more of an argument for the reverse. Xehanort being a troll was scattering many potentials like with Braig but he never transferred his main self.
With Terra he saw a new body not a pawn. To extend his life he extracted his heart entirely and placed it somewhere that will keep him in the living world longer.

Master Xehanort is just another Yukio Oikawa from Digimon 02 and to some extent Sephiroth as well. He is infecting many people with seeds of himself so they not only become Xehanort clones but also be easier to control and brainwash by deluding them into believing in fanaticism. Nazi-Politics crossed with The reunion from FFVII, don't you think?

Anagram

Banned
Master Xehanort is just another Yukio Oikawa from Digimon 02 and to some extent Sephiroth as well. He is infecting many people with seeds of himself so they not only become Xehanort clones but also be easier to control and brainwash by deluding them into believing in fanaticism. Nazi-Politics crossed with The reunion from FFVII, don't you think?

The accuracy. It stings with truth. So much truth.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

KH would be such an even more amazing series if they would actually explain what's going on in the games. I mean, it is amazing and it's my favorite series, but it'd be so much better if Nomura would take all those Ultimania answers and, you know, put them INTO the game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That sounds like a fun game...
Tequila shots whenever the game doesn't explain the plot enough to be understood or just leaves out important parts. Cruel, but fun.

Err nope, you better not try it, lol.

Oh dear, please no, the series is riddled with Matryoshka doll-like Heartception enough already as is.
I sincerely hope that by the end of KH III all these whole mangled Heart-in-heart scenarios are solved somehow with no one remaining trapped somewhere in another heart.

I kinda hope Terra ended up in Riku somehow. Not sure why but it seems like it'd be simpler in the long run. Save him in a similar way to Roxas.

That would at least make some sense mythos-wise and resolvable.
But if it seems like a simple, easier solution I doubt Nomura will choose it because he seems to have an aversion against simple and clean (pun so not intended ;P ).

KH would be such an even more amazing series if they would actually explain what's going on in the games. I mean, it is amazing and it's my favorite series, but it'd be so much better if Nomura would take all those Ultimania answers and, you know, put them INTO the game.

While I have a certain fondness for KH myself and it is among my preferred entertainment pieces despite all glaring flaws, I certainly wouldn't call it my favorite.

Yea, if the series would actually do this the so-called "convolution" wouldn't be so convoluted at all since the story in itself is at the core not convoluted. It's the presentation (and lack thereof) combined with shoddy pacing and writing that makes it so.

An interesting story can be like a puzzle that you have to put together, and many works pull that off actually well, but with most of these you get all the puzzle pieces thrown before you so you can start to piece them together.
With KH though, you do not get all puzzle pieces given to you, in fact you do not even get a hint as to where all the puzzle pieces are.
If you have to, figuratively spoken, play Sherlock Holmes to hunt for several missing puzzle pieces on your own things get really time-consuming.
Not to mention that it is really a bad style to give someone who wants to solve a puzzle not all pieces at hand.
By the time you found most pieces you might be too exhausted and/or frustrated to put them finally together.

Looking at it that way, I can understand why some people have such a gripe with KH's overaching story.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Err nope, you better not try it, lol.

Oh dear, please no, the series is riddled with Matryoshka doll-like Heartception enough already as is.
I sincerely hope that by the end of KH III all these whole mangled Heart-in-heart scenarios are solved somehow with no one remaining trapped somewhere in another heart.

Yeah, me too. Not only because people seem lost and no one knows where they are, but also because it starts to get a little cliché...

Anagram

Banned
By the time you found most pieces you might be too exhausted and/or frustrated to put them finally together.
That or you end up like and just flat out quit caring about the puzzle or keeping up with it.

If there was ever a series that needed a "Historia" like the Legend of Zelda series its this one. It literally needs a dictionary to undo its convolution. I doubt we'll ever get such a thing though.

Korai

Awards
Maybe kh3 preorders will come with a "Kingdom Hearts Bible" that spells out every little detail lol

I wish they would provide more examples of people becoming Nobodies so that we could definitively say wether or not a Heartless MUST be created in order for there to be a Nobody, I feel like the Nobody is a result of the Heart leaving rather than becoming a heartless. And if that's the case, then an explanation for Master Xehanort not creating a Nobody and for Terra being MIA would be that he transferred his heart AND mind to Terra's body, and Terra's mind was then forced out into the armor. Without a heart or mind, Xehanorts body goes into limbo, and post kh2 terra is not recompleted either because his mind is still trapped in the armor, his heart is still roaming free as the Heartless guardian, or both.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ha, knowing them, it would be Japan-exclusive and will contain knowledge that's crucial to the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back