• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What got you into the Kingdom Hearts series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoomKey

As the title says :)

Personally, I got in it ever since I started playing since 2005 and bought the original, then I bought Re:CoM and KHII and was hooked.

ok sunny

Awards
I was in 1st grade around 2005 when I saw my friend playing CoM on the gameboy and I was interested with the art and sora's hair. I asked about it and my other friend had played KHI and KHII because his older brother owned them. So through the years I learned more and more about the game, finally buying KHII and shortly afterwards KHI. Then ReCoM, Days, and so on. I was so hooked to the game and for me it's all very nostalgic

Anagram

Banned
My 12yr old mind, toon Disney when it wasn't shit, and a commercial.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I remember seeing the commercials and was annoyed. Until one of my close friends told me about the FF Characters in it and its overall fun. It was around my birthday; I was turning 14 during my 8th grade year. I was at my local game and I saw it under Greatest Hits for $20. Definitely got it as a birthday gift and got home started playing. I really was enjoying it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The first time I ever noticed the series, it was back in '05 when I was a 1st grader. I mean, the manga somehow made it into my school's book fair. I saw it, thought "wtf is this spiky-haired kid doing with Goofy and Donald? Is he Mickey transformed into a human?" and didn't think much of it afterwards.

Then six years later, my best friend let me borrow Re:Coded. She's pretty good at finding good games, so I trusted her judgement. By then, I was old enough for Disney to be nostalgic. I liked the premise, but the story confused me, so I went looking for answers.

It was kinda like finding what you think is an ordinary cave, only to find a massive underground city beneath it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I got it way back when it came out in 2002, because my parents wanted a game that looked kid friendly but mature enough so that they could play it on their own files. They didn't end up getting hooked on it, but as soon as I saw the secret place for the first time the series grabbed me by the nutsack and I never let go. Although I could've sworn on proud mode there was DK barrels to jump over in the secret place xD Ah, childhood memories are so weird. But ever since the first game I've played each game (especially BBS and Chain/Re:Chain of Memories) religiously :)

Last edited:

Javelin434

Awards
I'm actually late to the bandwagon, having played the games starting in like 2008?
it all started with a music video, and then I saw Kairi. There was something about her that made my heart skip a beat, and then I knew: I had to find out more about this girl who breathed life back into my cold, dead heart.

i mean sure I'm disappointed that she's been neglected in the series, but now I know her story, as well as the series in general, and I wouldn't have it any other way <3

Awards
When it came out and there was a commercial on TV, I saw a bunch of Disney characters, good graphics, and then Maleficent came up. I was sold. :p

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
When I first got a gameboy advance Chain of Memories was the game that was given to me along with it. So I played it and got hooked pretty quickly. Then I got a ps2 that Christmas and Kh1 with it and by that point Kingdom Hearts was my favorite video game franchise

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This exact commercial.
[video=youtube;8NB83IP_f2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NB83IP_f2s[/video]
Hooray for endgame spoiler!

At the time I didn't have a PS2 nor the money for one so it wouldn't be until Chain Of Memories for the GBA that I'd get into Kingdom Hearts, but that one commercial made me instantly fall in love with the series.

hlc1988

Awards
Saw an advert around Christmas time for KH2. It must have been 2006 since it didn't come out until 2006 in the European Countries. I casually mentioned to my mum that that game looked good. Next thing I know I got it as a Christmas present. And I started playing it, not understanding the game at all until I realised it was the second one (roman numerials back then were not me...) but I completed it and managed to understand and work out what was happening and I enjoyed it so much I went out and got KH1. Since then I've been a fan... but it wasn't until last year when I learned of the PS3 remix release that my fandom truely started. I played 1.5 in August and that was when I truly properly became a fan... but KH2 was the reason I enjoyed the series so much.

Rosebudx

Awards
This commercial, actually:

[video=youtube;QNvTWohCFjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI[/video]

Embarrassingly, I wanted it specifically because of Pooh Bear and Tigger's half-second cameo in the ad. My aunt was pressuring my brother and I into choosing a new game system for her to buy for us, and this commercial changed my vote to PS2 from the Gamecube.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, to be honest it was seeing my brothers playing it. They've given up on KH now..but at the time it looked like so much fun. It took me years before I was actually able to play it since I didn't like fighting for the system. ^^

Now I'm just waiting with bated breath for KH3 like the rest of ya. ^^

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I was watching Final Fantasy videos on youtube and then saw a video of the last cup in KH2, Sora fighting Cloud, Squall, Tifa and Yuffie. I believe that was shortly after the release of the game. I then decided I needed to play KH and bought the first one shortly after that.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
The commercials when they were hyping it up for release in 2002. I fell in love instantly because of the Disney and what I thought was going to be a love story between the brown haired by and the girl with white hair. *yeah, I used to be a SoraxRiku shipper before I actually played the story and realized just what all was going on cause I thought Riku was a girl (I blame what looked like thick eyeliner in some of the commercials)* I didn't actually play the game until 2004 when I finally got a PS2, but I've never looked back.

FEZeldalord12345

I only tried out the series a year and a half ago. I saw 1.5 on sale and I decided to try it out to see if it really was as great as everyone hyped it out to be...and I was disappointed. At the time, I didn't think KH1 was bad, but not great either. However, my opinion of it has drastically improved since then, mainly due to Final Mix. As for Re:Chain of Memories, it was a little tedious at first, but after learning of Namine I fell in love with that game. Ever since then I've been waiting for the other games due to not owning a PS2, and later playing the other games, and the series became something with a lot of shortcomings that I still enjoy. I don't think it's quite one of my favorite game franchises, but I'd be lying if I said KH had no impact on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back