• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Games would you like to see remade for Current Gen Consoles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I became a fan of Psychonauts recently. So it would be cool if Double Fine Productions did a remake/reboot/sequel for Jak or Sly. It might be a pipe dream but I stick with it.
That would be great, but Jak and Sly are Sony IP's and Microsoft owns Double Fine so unfortunately it could never happen.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I would really like to see a remaster or remake of the PS2 version of Flower, Sun and Rain by Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture. There is a DS remake that I tried playing several years ago and the game made zero sense at the time. Knowing now that it forms the middle part of a trilogy called Kill the Past made up of The Silver Case, Flower, Sun and Rain, and The 25th Ward: The Silver Case my attempt at a second playthrough a few months ago made a little more sense but I still was unable to finish it.

The game is very interesting in the sense that Suda51's early work as a director (which ended after the first No More Heroes) has this very dark, uncomfortable, and sinister tone and FSR has this tone but exists in a very sunny and daylight-ridden setting since the game takes place on an island resort.

I was really happy to see both The Silver Case games get remade and localized after them existing as an abstraction in my head for so long and I'd just be happy to see the trilogy completed. Also remastering the original PS2 music would be amazing as well.

D

Deleted member 246005

This is a look at how a roleswap of Dante and Vergil would work.

So if Capcom wants another Reboot/Spinoff...this wouldn't be the worst idea....;).

You could remake the existing games with this take in mind.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

So if Capcom wants another Reboot/Spinoff...this wouldn't be the worst idea....;).

I think this is a cool take, but I think I would prefer Itsuno and his team to take another shot at Devil May Cry 2. There are some things I like about the game; the environmental music, some of the environments themselves, and Lucia. I'd like to see them expand the storyline and really delve into Dante's mindset now that the story no longer takes place at the end of the timeline. We could have Dante ruminating on the loss of his brother and gradually opening up to Lucia. And I would definitely want Dante's part of the story to spend more time in hell.

Not only that, but in terms of gameplay maybe implement some proto-version of style switching to show Dante's growth in that respect. They could do whatever they want with Lucia. I think there's a lot of potential for it.

PrettyGuard

Awards

I would love to play the remake of old Devil May Cry games. :love:

D

Deleted member 246005

@Hamster Lord
I already posted about it in the earlier pages of the thread. The above post is meant to be seperate.

The classic series isn't really appealing to me storywise. So I didn't mind a role swap spinoff as a way to shake it up.

@PrettyGuard
They are remaking Resident Evil games so DMC could follow suit.

Or they could outsource it to another developer. Platinum Games are made up of former Capcom developers. The former creator of DMC works for them. Having him remake DMC1could be fun.

DMC2 is harder to remake because the fans cared more about it than the devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awards
It doesn't necessarily have to be remakes of old games (although that would be fine) but It would be nice if series like Wild Arms and Suikoden could make a comeback.

GreyouTT

Awards
The Pokemon Colosseum Duology. They already have an HD mode built into them, so they just need to give the graphics a refreshing and remove Skiploom.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The Pokemon Colosseum Duology. They already have an HD mode built into them, so they just need to give the graphics a refreshing and remove Skiploom.
And make it official that Rui's grandparents are an elderly Ash and Misty.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Final Fantasy VIII

It would be really nice if they could also go indepth with the lore of the world in that game.

Perkilator

Awards
Man, I don't care if it gets announced in a September Direct or not. I just wanna see a Project X Zone 3 for Switch one day.

magic713

Awards
Maybe the first Witcher game. I just can't look past the graphics. I can handle the old graphics of the second game, but the first is just unplayable for me, based on appearance, alone

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Maybe the first Witcher game. I just can't look past the graphics. I can handle the old graphics of the second game, but the first is just unplayable for me, based on appearance, alone
That's a shame, because I actually think it's a very good game. Amazing story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm gonna need to do a replay so I can see that
Rui has orange hair in tails and her grandfather has a pikachu so the fan theory had been that her grandparents were Ash and Misty as an elderly couple.

D

Deleted member 246005

Psychonauts 1.

There's an fanfic trend of replacing Raz with his older sister Frazie. So if you wanna Case West the first game, you could do a non canon version with Frazie as the lead.

The Last of US-
There is a rumor of a Last of US remake but I rather they do Uncharted or Jak instead.

So maybe they could just do a crossover?

The Last of Drake ;).

Sly Cooper Cyberpunk-

Someone did a futuristic take on Sly Cooper as fan art. If they wanna reboot Sly Cooper with a Cyberpunk aesthetic I'm down with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Max

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
You know what my buddy and I were talking about recently in regards to remakes? It would be nice to see remakes of some games that had real potential but were just kind of let down by budgetary and time constraints. A remake as a second chance to let the games be the best they could have been would be great.

-Xenogears. This game has such a dedicated fanbase and is generally regarded as a masterpiece of it's time. It's amazing how it's held in such high regard despite the disc 2 fiasco. It's a testament to how good the writing really is, and with Xeno's popularity at an all time high, a remake to allow this game to be properly seen all the way through how it was originally intended would be awesome.

-Way of the Samurai 4. There is so much fun to be found in these games, and I really love what they try to do. This game can be pretty rough around the edges, but a remake with any kind of proper budget would allow this game to really shine, and with the success of Ghost of Tsushima, now would be the time for good samurai games to try and make their place.

-Speaking of the above, Yakuza Kenzan. The creator mentioned still wanting to bring the samurai Yakuza games west, and mentioned he'd like to remake them if given the opportunity. Please.

-My last one is a weird one, but I have a soft spot for Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel. Licenced games always get a bad rap, and anime games, especially at the time this came out, could be incredibly underwhelming. This game can be frustrating to say the least. But I LOVE the story, and I think the gameplay had a lot of good ideas that even got improved upon in the follow-up. I think anime games have been doing a better job in recent years, and I think if this game could be remade now it could turn out really good.

Back