• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Games would you like to see remade for Current Gen Consoles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

I know I pitched it as a Knuckles Spinoff but I think Sonic Boom would've been better as a Silver-centered spinoff. It would've helped with the branding issues. Sonic Boom was supposed to be a western-centered spinoff with a different story that was scrapped. Using Silver would've given them the ability to retool the series for what they think a western audience would want/need. Silver is a character set 200 years after Sonic's time. So its easier to keep seperate from the main title and scrap if it fails. He's a time traveller so you could always just reset it like DC's Flashpoint. Plus time travel makes crossover with the main cast easier.

Plus Silver could be tweaked more easily to fit the Jak and Daxter style vibe the game was going. His 06 gameplay style was modeled after Knuckles and Rogue. It's more about exploring and puzzle solving, treasure hunting etc which is what Jak and Daxter has broadly.

this would've been a cool unlockable skin.

I was a big fan of the "Ghosts of The Future" fan comic. Silver is written like a Peter Parker like everyman and I think its a good hook for Silver.

A potential subplot is Silver being trained by an older version of Shadow.

Forces doesn't really need a remake but i think would've been better as a Shadow-centered storyline. Having him struggle with replacing Sonic as the Big Good of the Sonic world would be an ideal challenge for him as a character. Shadow is defined by his trauma from what he expierenced back on the Ark in Adventure 2. Having him try to pay it forward by consoling a traumatized Cream or Tails would've been great.

Shadow's problem is similar to Tails. They are both stuck in roles they outgrew along time ago. Shadow outgrew the "arrogant rival" role by the time of 06. It would've been better if you just used someone else in that- like Jet from Riders. A good rival for Shadow would've been Fang as he is a sniper and a mercenary. And that would play well against Shadow being a GUN agent. You could even have him becoming Infinite in a Shadow-centered version of Forces. Which isn't that different from Infinite's backstory anyway.

2026 is right around the corner so Sega should definetely redo Sonic 2006. The best rewrite of 06's story would be this guy's work. So i'd just buy it off him if I was Sega and adapt it.

PrettyGuard

Awards
Suikoden, I want it remade with awesome graphics. One of the best games of my childhood days.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Final Fantasy IX ~ This is probably my favorite game besides Kingdom Hearts (1). If it never happens, I'd be fine with that because the game is great regardless. I just think it would be fun to play a version of the game with more facial expression in the non-CG scenes as well as voice acting. I never was too crazy about the voice acting for Kuja in Dissidia--Zidane was alright though--and the voice actor for Vivi in KH2 was awful, so maybe I wouldn't enjoy who they'd cast? Who knows? It would be an interesting experience, still.

Harry Potter ~ Not a remake of the old games exactly, but in a way, yes. I wouldn't want individual games for every book in the series. I'd rather have a part 1 and part 2. The first half being the first four books and part 2 the last three. And I'd like it to be a full-fledged RPG-style. I mean, really tell it all (let us play it all) in game format for once. Preferably by a company that knows how to make good games, because a lot of those film-specific ones that came out when I was growing up were, well... Left a lot to be desired.

Jak ~ I would prefer a Revival where we pretty much continue where Jak ended (if not a few years later--I always assumed the next game would be Jak going backwards in time since it turned out he was Mar...). But if they restarted the franchise when many of the same characters and voice actors, I'd be fine. If they were to completely remake it, I'd hope they would just start the story already in Haven City, since the first J&D was boring story-wise.

Final Fantasy VIII ~ I think this game would actually benefit from a full-on remake more than IX--I think the voice acting for this would be perfect, for example. Does the company treat VIII worse than the VII and IX? I think there was some artbooks released recently and VIII had a much smaller section compared to VII and IX. VII of course is the most popular FF and IX has cult status--I guess VIII is overlooked because of it?

Kingdom Hearts ~ Just the first game (although 2's worlds could use more of a lift in design than 1's, really). I'd prefer it was a straight remake than a new worldline story or something like that. I guess I'd be open to it mostly because that was the only game where Disney had a big role and they had almost all the best Disney movies and villains in that game, imo. I'd love to see what KH3-style worlds for Aladdin, TLM, TNBC, etc. would look like. Tarzan would be the only hiccup, but I'm hoping they get the rights back for a period someday, since I expect the money they could make from a remake will be too hard for Disney to pass up.

I'd be fine with any of the older FF games being re-made, too, although I'm not as attached to them. I'd even enjoy a remake of Final Fantasy X, actually! It doesn't need one as bad as the PS1 FF's--not that a remake is ever really "needed"--but it would still be fun.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Persona 3. I've never played it myself. I wasn't really aware of it until recently actually. I knew about Persona even around the time Persona 3 came out but it was on the outskirts of my knowledge.

Having watch a few streamers play through the game right now... it has to be my favorite modern Persona for sure for sure, but I think it's held back by its game mechanics and pacing. I feel like Persona 3 can benefit from the improvements Persona 4 and Persona 5 have brought to the series, especially since there's no way to play it now unless you have a PS2 or bought it on the PS3 store.

The only fear with games such as Persona 3 is the company deciding to change too much plotwise as they modernize the game. Like, they should fill in some of the blank space, but I think it's a bad idea if they try to change important plot points like they did with the rerelease (FES) and portable version (P3P)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Persona 3. I've never played it myself. I wasn't really aware of it until recently actually. I knew about Persona even around the time Persona 3 came out but it was on the outskirts of my knowledge.

Having watch a few streamers play through the game right now... it has to be my favorite modern Persona for sure for sure, but I think it's held back by its game mechanics and pacing. I feel like Persona 3 can benefit from the improvements Persona 4 and Persona 5 have brought to the series, especially since there's no way to play it now unless you have a PS2 or bought it on the PS3 store.

The only fear with games such as Persona 3 is the company deciding to change too much plotwise as they modernize the game. Like, they should fill in some of the blank space, but I think it's a bad idea if they try to change important plot points like they did with the rerelease (FES) and portable version (P3P)
A Persona 3 remake has a shot of happening, they've already created HD assets of the cast and locations with Dancing in Moonlight.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Elysium
I wasn't interested in Jak being Mar but I liked the idea of more time travel plots. It's the doctor who fan in me. Jak and Daxter having adventures in space and time is right up my alley.

Jak 1 has a ton of cut content that you could bring back in a remake. For example, there was a cut village for the Yellow Eco sage with some surrounding areas. Daxter was playable, Keira had a bigger role, there was a third playable character who was a pet they could raise, Maia could see the future and other aspects that could make the game more interesting. You could even reverse engineer Jak's character from the later games to make the transition easier.

Although I think they are more likely to scrap everything and do a reboot which could go anyway. The Precursor legacy sold the most and going back to that style is an easier way to keep the kid-friendly vibe than trying to force current Jak to go do it.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I would like to see Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax remake or remaster as I bet it would it really good with improved graphics and the combat in those games are a lot of fun especially Ultimax. I know the story may not be considered the greatest but I actually had a lot of fun with it plus it would be awesome to see the Persona 3 and 4 characters interact with each other. As it’s the interactions between the teams that makes me like these games so much as well as Persona Q and Q2, also it would be awesome to see Labrys again since she was such a good character and it’s a shame she only appears in the arena games.

Speaking of Persona Q2 I would love to see them do a English dub since the dialogue is really funny and the interactions between the 3,4 and 5 characters are awesome and it would be great to hear it voiced in English. I mean they could bring it to the Switch since I doubt they would make a DLC for 3DS.

D

Deleted member 246005

Frogwares has done alot of Sherlock holmes games. They are more akin to point and click adventures but remaking them with newer hardware could be interesting.

They did one where Sherlock Holmes goes up Arsene Lupin and that lends itself to a social stealth game.

They also did a game where Sherlock goes up against Jack the Ripper and that could dial up the horror.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Since I’ve been playing through .hack//G.U. Last Recode lately, I’d like to see either the original .hack games get a remaster or ground-up remake, or maybe let some of the later games like .hack//LINK or .hack//Versus get a remaster for current consoles. The franchise’s 20th anniversary is coming up, so it’d be cool if they had something planned.

D

Deleted member 246005

Shadow 06-

2026 is right around the corner so Sega should definetely redo Sonic 2006. Shadow had the best storyline so I'd retool it around him. He is a more believable suspect for the Iblis trigger than Sonic. Silver looks less like a dolt for going after him. You could play up the tension because Shadow did threaten the world as a villian once before. People should be skeptical of his attempts at heroism. That's something you could lean into....

Unlike my "Silver Boom" and "Force of Shadow" pitches, this is more of a tweak than a whole reshuffle.

You could keep most of the cast and even the setting, just tweak them around.

For example- Sonic believes in Shadow's innate goodness, Tails is unsure and Knuckles doesn't trust him.

Putting Shadow as the lead won't fix everything. Elise is still gonna be a bland damsel in distress character. But it's worth a shot.

With Elise, I'd just have her be an animal instead of a human. Because humans in Sonic Games always bugged me.

Even Eggman.

Sonic works as a flat arc protagonist. He doesn't really grow or change. His main role is to bring out the best in others. So having him teach Elise how to fight and be brave seems to be the best option. Having a small section where you play as Elise trying to escape from Eggman's clutches seems to be a good way to spin it.

You could always replace her with an existing character like Sally Acorn.

You could just dump Sally and the Freedom Fighters in Soleana and let that be their game intro.

Blaze also works. You could give Blaze a counterpart in Sonic's dimension. Maybe she isn't as capable as her other counterpart? Or just set the story over there?

Either option works.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The Legend of Dragoon. I would be happy to see that game with a graphical overhaul and some loving voice acting on a modern platform. I don't need a fancy new combat system or anything of the like, I don't need mixed up story beats, just the same old amazing game with a fresh coat of paint would be fantastic.

AegisXIII

Awards
I see a lot of people wanting a Jak and Daxter remake but I am wondering how that could work in today's society. I loved those games but I think Daxter would be a big controversial figures if it were to be remade. Most of his jokes would either have to be turned down (and fall flat) or be kept identical and the game would be banned.

D

Deleted member 246005

I see a lot of people wanting a Jak and Daxter remake but I am wondering how that could work in today's society. I loved those games but I think Daxter would be a big controversial figures if it were to be remade. Most of his jokes would either have to be turned down (and fall flat) or be kept identical and the game would be banned.
Daxter's antics worked better in the second game because of the more adult atmosphere. Some of his jokes felt too crass in the first game which was more of a saturday morning cartoon. So i don't mind cutting them or rewriting them.

The ideal remake would be more akin to FF7R but Jak has some identity issues to work through. The first game feels more disconnected from the others. So a reboot wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I really hope they do end up remaking the games, since I have always wanted to try the Baten Kaitos games especially Origins since from what I’ve heard it’s apparently meant to be an amazing JRPG and it’s battle system and plot sounds really interesting. It’s a shame the game is really hard to find as well as being really expensive from what I’ve heard.

D

Deleted member 246005

I became a fan of Psychonauts recently. So it would be cool if Double Fine Productions did a remake/reboot/sequel for Jak or Sly. It might be a pipe dream but I stick with it.

Back