• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What games need current gen sequels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Golden Sun
Animal Crossing (A new game which improves the series as much as New Leaf, or I don't want it to exist. None of that City Folk nonsense)

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Silent Hill
Indigo Prophecy
A new Matrix game that played similar to the first one would be fun.
A new Buffy game

...Slowly starting to realize most of the games I played back then was based on a show or movie other than FF.

OOOH. Marvel: Nemesis sequel. Everyone despised that game but I adored it.

...Big Mother Truckers And Simpsons Hit and Run?

D

Deleted member 246005

Prince of Persia- I don't mind if its another reboot because Sands of time was a reboot of the classic games or a sequel to the 2008 games. The classic series had the MC call himself "Aladdin" so i don't mind if they draw from actual folklore more.

Jak and Daxter- I miss my boys and i wouldn't mind seeing them again in all this HD glory. I think a sequel would have to be an all new saga because Jak 3 wrapped nearly everything up. You could do a prequel with Mar but i don't really see that holding a full series.

I'd be ok with a soft reboot because Jak's story was built on a stable time travel loop so you could always have the next loop with different variables. Like the next loop could have him land in a different place than Haven or he goes to the future when he's 22 instead of 15. It allows you to keep the lore already built but put a new spin on it.

I wouldn't mind another inFamous game but i'd be ok with Sucker punch doing a new IP.

I was a huge Devil May Cry fan so a new one is fine. I dont mind if its a crossover between the reboot and classic series because it might bring the fandom together. I don't mind a crossover between a capcom IP as DMC X Darkstalkers feels like it would write itself. Ninja Gaiden always had a rivalry and they aint using it so that could be a thing. Behind the scenes there were alot of creative shakeups and the new writer didn't know what to do with dante which is why we got the plots for 3/4 so them focusing on someone new is fine with me.

The Bouncer was considered a predecessor to KH so I wouldnt mind if it gets a full fledged remake or if a proper crossover ;).

it be funny to see Ninja theory do a ninja gaiden reboot but I rather they focus on new IPs or their old games like Heavenly sword or Enslaved.

Veevee

Awards
Pokemon Snap. I loved that thing, replayed it countless times. I think the current gen are mad for that - you have a tablet / a portable console and I could see it working wonderfully if you replace the old railroad mechanics with some proper open world (to an extent in terms of Pokemon and size). I would so go for that :(

Pokemon Trading Card Game. I'm well aware that it has a sequel in Japan, but I want one here. One that I can read.

Spyro. Just make it fun again.

DMC 2. I don't care what everyone says about the new Dante, but I had much more fun with this than I had with previous titles.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A sequel, prequel, or whatever they have in store is looong overdue. Maybe even a remake for the Nintendo Switch in the mean time they make the other game.

TWEWY is a great one I didn't even think of. The JRPG genre is so different now (and is finally coming back from the dead), that I'm not sure if there are really that many I'd want to see get sequels. I'd love more new stuff from proven developers, but seeing a new TWEWY would be nice.
TWEWY and Persona 5 fit into what the JRPG genre needs to pull nowadays: style. They're both JRPG games, yet they pull everything that makes a JRPG in their own way. We also have the Bravely series, and Bravely Third/Thirdly/Sword is something that needs to happen, and I imagine is, or has been, in the planning stages for quite some time now.

A new Megaman (Legacy Collection doesn't count)
I think another Megaman game will happen in the near future. Capcom is releasing a cartoon series. It would be astute for them to take advantage of the promotion. Then again, the same could be said for when Classic!Megaman made his debut in Sm4sh, yet they only churned out rehashes. Granted, we can rely on spiritual successors, but Mighty No. 9 could have been a better game, which I hope they make a sequel, seeing as how there's material for one, and I hope they apply the lessons they learned with MN9's development. And I don't know if current gen games count, but like I said, I think MN9 deserves a sequel. I think a sequel could mend the fails of the first game. But if the sequel busts, then bye-bye.

Megaman
Megaman X
Metal Slug
Chrono Trigger
I doubt a Megaman X sequel will happen. That story closed, and its continuations are Zero and ZX. And speaking of which, ZX Advent really needs a sequel, but I doubt it's happening. Inticrates is too busy doing its own things, and collaborating with Comcept.

I doubt we'll get anything Chrono related. Not even a 3D remake. And that already got a sequel: Cross. I don't thin there's any story material left to warrant a sequel, but there's always that fanmade midquel that sort of has an ending for the franchise.

Jak and Daxter, and maybe a Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in their old style. (For the time being I'd totally settle for a remaster of Spyro like Crash is getting though.)
Same here. I haven't played the updated Crash trilogy, but I want Spyro to get the same treatment.

I'd rather not, only because The World Ends With You seems to be a complete game. I'm not denying how good it is, but the story doesn't really warrant a sequel out of it. A HD remake would be the next best thing out of that game to be honest.

If you want a sequel out of something, I refer you to this...

[video=youtube;JDJZsUT1b0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M[/video]
Originally, TWEWY didn't warrant a sequel, but after the newer secret ending, everyone is curious as to what SE is aiming to do. Other than that, it doesn't necessarily have to be a sequel. It could be a prequel about the game before the one in TWEWY. But honestly, it could even be a sequel a la FINAL FANTASY where the only similarity between titles is the mythos (though I think a TWEWY II will certainly be more direct of a sequel than what FFII is to FFI).

And yes, Legends 3 needs to happen, but that's something I can't see happening.

Golden Sun
I like to be optimistic, but I don't see Golden Sun in the near future. Camelot, which is the internal studio in Nintendo that handles that series, is the same studios that does the Mario Sports games. And in Nintendo's priority list, they want to sell as many Switches as they can. So yeah, developing something niché as GS is not on their minds right now. If anything, they could remake the first two games and pack it into a single cartridge, which is what they originally intended to do, but due to the GBA's technical limitations, they had to cut the game in half and make GS and the Lost Age. After remaking the first two games, maybe they could do the same with Dark Dawn, or just plainly skip it and include reviewed plot points in GS4.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping we'll get another Legend of Mana game with gameplay similar to Seiken Densetsu 3. But lately, their most recent games are just mobile games like Rise of Mana and Egglia (spiritual sequel?); both of which aren't too good.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I think the Dark Cloud series could do with a sequel. With the first, and presumably second, game available via the PS4's HD PlayStation 2 thing, I think it's about time for a sequel to truly round it off as a trilogy. Considering it was one of Level-5's first game franchises, it's long overdue.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Pokemon Snap.

Nintendo doesn't want to make it. That's the issue there.

Pokemon Trading Card Game. I'm well aware that it has a sequel in Japan, but I want one here. One that I can read.

Yeah, but does the Pokemon TCG still have a market? I know the cards are still being made, but are they selling well?

~

O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI

I like to be optimistic, but I don't see Golden Sun in the near future. Camelot, which is the internal studio in Nintendo that handles that series, is the same studios that does the Mario Sports games. And in Nintendo's priority list, they want to sell as many Switches as they can. So yeah, developing something niché as GS is not on their minds right now. If anything, they could remake the first two games and pack it into a single cartridge, which is what they originally intended to do, but due to the GBA's technical limitations, they had to cut the game in half and make GS and the Lost Age. After remaking the first two games, maybe they could do the same with Dark Dawn, or just plainly skip it and include reviewed plot points in GS4.

They also mentioned that they'd be interested in doing a sequel if there was enough fan demand.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards

I know how unlikely Golden Sun coming back is. The way it was completely and totally snubbed in the last Super Smash Bros just kind of said it all to me.

However, I would have thought that right now would have been a decent time to release one for the 3DS. The 3DS has a super large base now. I'm not even thinking of the Switch. But again, I know how unlikely it is. However, I most certainly wasn't expected Dark Dawn when it was announced.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nintendo doesn't want to make it. That's the issue there.

Yeah, but does the Pokemon TCG still have a market? I know the cards are still being made, but are they selling well?

~

O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI
O-KAMI

They also mentioned that they'd be interested in doing a sequel if there was enough fan demand.

Oh, yeah. I just remembered they said that.
I know how unlikely Golden Sun coming back is. The way it was completely and totally snubbed in the last Super Smash Bros just kind of said it all to me.

However, I would have thought that right now would have been a decent time to release one for the 3DS. The 3DS has a super large base now. I'm not even thinking of the Switch. But again, I know how unlikely it is. However, I most certainly wasn't expected Dark Dawn when it was announced.
Switch is more likely. I doubt they can make a new Golden Sun game in less than two years, seeing as how that's how much life the 3DS has left in it before Nintendo goes guns blazing with the Switch.

Veevee

Awards
.hack infection to quarantine. The gameplay was horribly repetitive even back then, mechanics were clunky and there was seriously no need to split that story into four games. Each game story had about 15-20 hours, so it would've been appropriate for an RPG. Story and characters were quite interesting though, would love to see a remake or at least a remaster with a few changes to the combat system.

EDIT: I got the wrong thread, I meant to say they needed HD remasters. Oops.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Boy do I fear for how a Rogue Squadron reboot would fare nowadays. EA would just eff it all up.

Veevee

Awards
Pokemon Trading Card Game and Pokemon Snap. I enjoyed those two so much when they came out back then and the Pokemon TCG is popular enough, so I don't know why there was no sequel (well, there was one that never hit the West). And for Pokemon Snap ... the Wii U as well as the Switch should be capable enough for this, maybe remove the railroad mechanic to make it more up to date. I won't take the shitty Nintendo excuse of "everyone has a camera today, no one wants to play that game again" ... yes, it's daily stuff to go out and take pictures of Pokemon, you are completely right and that argument is in no way nonsensical.
Plus, I'd love to have a sequel to Yugioh Dungeon Dice Monsters, that one was really fun. Capsule Monsters too. This time with ... a little balancing, maybe?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Let me think...

Legend of Dragoon (Sony IP why hasn't this happened)
Psychonauts (They did make Rhombus of Ruin but we haven't seen anything about Psychonauts 2 yet...)
Psi Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy (RIP Midway)
Lost Odyssey
Megaman X or Battle Network series (OG is nice but my ADHD prefers faster paced combat mechanics)
Sly Cooper/Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank (I know there was a "remake" of R&C 1 but I wanna see 2 get remade too)
Radiant Historia (also got remade, but daddy wants sequels)
Paper Mario (let's be honest, we haven't considered anything after TTYD a sequel)
Viva Pinata
Dark Cloud

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Bro, dark cloud 2 happened, it's actually on sale right now on PSN I believe. Great game. I don't think dark cloud 3 is happening though.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Let me think...
Legend of Dragoon (Sony IP why hasn't this happened)
Paper Mario (let's be honest, we haven't considered anything after TTYD a sequel)
1. I KNOW RIGHT?! I MEAN DART WAS ALMOST IN ALL-STARS! AND THEY REMASTERED SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO ANNOUNCE ONE TO ANSWER THE HYPE OF THE FF7 REMAKE!
tumblr_o9eabkiuJg1su0l56o1_400.gif

2.uh super paper mario is pretty good
legend-of-dragoon-dart

legend-of-dragoon-dart

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
1. I KNOW RIGHT?! I MEAN DART WAS ALMOST IN ALL-STARS! AND THEY REMASTERED SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS! THIS WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO ANNOUNCE ONE TO ANSWER THE HYPE OF THE FF7 REMAKE!
tumblr_o9eabkiuJg1su0l56o1_400.gif

2.uh super paper mario is pretty good
legend-of-dragoon-dart

legend-of-dragoon-dart

IKR, it'd be a perfect competition for FF7. And I liked Super Paper Mario, but a lot of people do not.

Phantom

Sly Cooper needs a sequel. Especially as the last game was left in a cliffhanger. Ape Escape is also overdue an sequel.

I would also like to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but it should be developed by some good gaming studio, in order to avoid another abomination like The Lost Frontier. Ready at Dawn made a good job with Daxter, so I wouldn't mind them making the next one.

I also wish for a non-remake Ratchet & Clank game. I mean, the PS4 remake was fun to play, but it actually did a lot of things worse than the original PS2 game (namely story, characters, music, cutscenes and game length), which is why I'm not sure do I want to see a Going Commando remake.

Back