• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What game had your favorite ensemble of characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

magic713

Awards
So of the FF games you know, which do you remember fondly as have the best group of team members for the game?

Shinra

Banned
Awards
hmmmm that's tough... in regards to characters and roles, I liked the parties from 4, 6, 9, and 13... their characters complimented each other very well in those games both in combat and character wise... 6 did it the best though I think... they fleshed out so many of the characters that weren't optional... Terra was an amnesic protagonist done RIGHT, Locke being the right kind of comic relief (same reason I like Zidane from 9 as well), and who can't deny the brotherhood between the machinist and the monk brothers Sabin and Edgar?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've still not played II, V, VI or XII, and I feel like those last two might be game changers, but out of the rest of the series:

IX.

No contest, IX. Not only are the designs rich and eclectic, but the each member of the cast trickling down to Part-time Worker Mary seems to have their tender moments. The fixed class system also gives each character a chance to shine. I used Amarant way more than I'd have thought I would on my last "perfect" run a few years ago.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
IV and IX, probably.
IX's team had the best chemistry, IV was just a good number of good characters in the same game.

sephydark

Awards
In terms of everyone? Maybe XIII. I like that all the main characters in that one had their own arcs and plenty of development; it was really refreshing after XII which had none of that for any of the characters.

X and VII probably deserve a shout out as well, but I feel like they didn't do quite as well as XIII at giving time to everyone.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Eight and Ten without a doubt. Though, 13 did have a good batch even though Hope was diddlying annoying for the majority of the game. xD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
9. Most flexible cast. Everyone had serious, badass, sad, and funny moments. Usually FF relegates heroes into these categories separately.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Eight and Ten without a doubt. Though, 13 did have a good batch even though Hope was diddlying annoying for the majority of the game. xD
same reason people hate tidus, but Hope had better development, whereas Tidus is more capable in a fight

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Best:
1. FFXIV (Heavensward and Stormblood in particular. Best female cast of any FF).
2. FFVII (Very balanced cast, where everyone has a role to play).
3. FFXV (Not that many, but what's there is really good. There's a realness to the bond between the main characters. Luna is the only bad one).

Worst: FFIX (Most of them are just bland - the villains steal the show instead).

Oddity: FFVI (Has way too many characters, with half of them being great and the other half being total filler material).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
IX and X. I always thought of Amarant as the one weak link in IX. With X, I thought all the characters meshed well together, although Wakka could be annoying.

Pokie

Final Fantasy 6. It was rather large, but it worked. Terra, Locke, Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau, Celes, Relm, Shadow. All loveable. Even Umrao, a big yeti brought in some fun and comedy into it.

Bonus points for Shadow's cute dog, Interceptor.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Final Fantasy XV, I loved how human the characters were portrayed, like a bunch of dudes accidentally getting thrown into world conflict. When you look at other Final Fantasy games, and while they may have backstories, a lot of characters end up being "chosen heroes" in most respects. It's a trope that's gotten a little stale over time.

D

Deleted member 246005

Ff13-2 because I liked the dynamic between Noel and Serah. I also like Noel's father/son dynamic with Caius. Ironically i dont think serah and snow have chemistry at all.

FFXV i liked the dynamic between the main cast. Ardyn and Aranea have chemistry with anyone. I ship IgnisxAranea and wish it it was canon. Luna suffers from the same problem Kairi did. The supporting cast needed more focus tho.

I have a soft spot for FF7 because im a big advent children fan.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
IX and V had my favorite Final Fantasy cast as a whole. The small cast of four-five characters in FFV worked out to the games benefit as all the characters interacted with each other and felt like a family by the end of the game. And in FFIX's case the cast was just so diverse and good. Like most of the characters weren't even human. I miss pure fantasy games like that. Honorable mentions go to FFVII, FFVI, and FFX.

Last edited:

SoulXaldin

Awards
For as much as everyone hates XIII’s characters, I kind of like em. They all fit into likable archtypes, especially Snow and Lightning.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I personally enjoyed IV and XV.

IV has strong emotional characters and were very dependent of each other in very dire circumstances. Everyone helped each other (except Kain until the later half)

XV was more about friendship bonding but the commentary was so spot on. I’ve never laughed as much in a Final Fantasy game as this one. Everyone’s response was smart and witty and it was perfect to be frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back