• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Final Fantasy is the best to start off with?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShailsTDSPT

In what order should I play FF?

So I never, during the 16 years of my life, played FF (shame on me) until I played Dissidia. I thought it was pretty cool, I love the characters and would love to see them in their games. Now, I am not sure in what order I should play them. I don't want to accidentally start playing a bad one and end up thinking the rest sucks so, in what order should I play the Final Fantasy games? I am only really interested in the numbered ones and their sequels, but if a spin off happens to be cool (dat Dissidia) feel free to include it ^^

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Re: In what order should I play FF?

it doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!! : D

good one for KH fans is X

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

seconding reflection~

just try to remember that every one is different and not every one is going to be 100% for you. keep an open mind!

theirlosthearts

Awards

Start with all of them! Okay, jk. But seriously, they're all pretty good. One thing you might want to consider is if you like retro games or not. If you don't, start with one of the more recent ones (X, XII, XII, and maybe even IX). But generally, I agree that X is a good starting point.

Youniquee

Awards

Other people probably have better knowledge than me but... I just started FF franchise as well and I think you could try XIII-2 after (I started with this one and loved it). Go with the other people's suggestions first though and starting with X seems to be view of most so far n_n

Villen

IX. It's kind of retro so it can be used as an introduction to the older ones AND is not old so it's a good introduction to the newer ones as well. VIII is written by a 14 year old with a veeeery bad romance and lines and an even worse pacing. And Squall is the worst characther of the franchise. X has very poor characthers but the gameplay and story are good. I don't know if I can recommend VII, it's one of my favorites but there's a lot of hate out there because of the fanbase.

Well, I guess IX, then VII, then VI and then X. The other ones are good but harder to digest.

Villen

VII has flaws but the characthers aren't one of them. See what I said about the hate? Anyway, VII has a lot of charisma and there are real psychological issues going on. When they are being "emo" as the people like to point out is when they are being human - humans have flaws. X is just badly written (not as bad as VIII, though) and the interactions between the main characthers are laughable. The only interaction that feels real is the Tidus/Jecht one and Tidus/Yuna in a minor way. BUT as I said X has a good storyline that treats some philosophical and religious questions very well, It's just that we care more about the world than the people we are controlling.

ShailsTDSPT

I guess I am going with a mix of what people have said so:

X (Lotsa people recommended it) -> IX (Vivi.) -> VII (Cloud.) -> I will think about the next games after I finish these 3. Now off to borrow X off my friend :3

misssheep

FF X because the battles start out really simple + the boss battles. example you start out really basic like skinny dog = Tidus attacks magical flan = Lulu attacks.

Then as you go along it's get harder and harder as you get more confident with the battles and bosses example Yunalesca.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards

VIII is written by a 14 year old with a veeeery bad romance and lines and an even worse pacing.

qWkLy.gif

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Playing X, loving it. For some reason, Tidus remembers me of Sora... And I feel bad for Wakka :(

You might as well say KH1 took a lot of stuff from FFX. I know how the idea for KH came up, but still they both feel the same.

ShailsTDSPT

People where spot on on saying KH players were going to enjoy X. I swear to god that now, I can't look at Sora without seeing Tidus and vice-versa. Both were taken from their world with an invasion from the main enemy force (for Tidus it was from his time and I suppose Sin is the main enemy right?), black sky and all. Something big was happening/was about to happen for both of them. I just feel kinda spoiled about a thing... I mean - why would Auron be dead in KH2 if nothing had happened to him... Ah well, back to more Tidus, Wakka, Lulu and Yuna awesomeness.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
oh boy there's tons of ffx & kh parallels, especially when you take x-2 into account

but i am glad you feel bad for wakka. his tragedy is easily overlooked ;^;

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards

VII has flaws but the characthers aren't one of them. See what I said about the hate? Anyway, VII has a lot of charisma and there are real psychological issues going on. When they are being "emo" as the people like to point out is when they are being human - humans have flaws. X is just badly written (not as bad as VIII, though) and the interactions between the main characthers are laughable. The only interaction that feels real is the Tidus/Jecht one and Tidus/Yuna in a minor way. BUT as I said X has a good storyline that treats some philosophical and religious questions very well, It's just that we care more about the world than the people we are controlling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back