• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Final Fantasy game(s) are you currently playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I love the hunts, too. I actually enjoy most of XII's sidequests, which is unusual for me.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
With FFVII coming out on the Switch, I finally decided to give it a try! I only had Nintendo systems back when FFVII initially came out, so I missed out on it. So far I'm enjoying it - the environments being hard to make out the depth of aside - and hope it will be the first FF game I actually get through. I tried FFX on the PS2 back when I got my PS2, but I was terrible at it and got stuck at some plant boss and couldn't go on. lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
With FFVII coming out on the Switch, I finally decided to give it a try! I only had Nintendo systems back when FFVII initially came out, so I missed out on it. So far I'm enjoying it - the environments being hard to make out the depth of aside - and hope it will be the first FF game I actually get through. I tried FFX on the PS2 back when I got my PS2, but I was terrible at it and got stuck at some plant boss and couldn't go on. lol
The irony of your situation is that FINAL FANTASY VII was originally a Nintendo 64 project, haha.

And that plant boss you mentioned in FFX is pretty much very early in the game's story.

And in my case, I am currently playing FFXV's Pocket Edition on my Switch, and after I finish, I plan on replaying FFVII.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
The irony of your situation is that FINAL FANTASY VII was originally a Nintendo 64 project, haha.

I wasn't aware of that, although I was aware it was when the FF series switched from Nintendo to Sony. I don't know if I really even was aware of the FF series all of that much back then.

And that plant boss you mentioned in FFX is pretty much very early in the game's story.

Lol. I know. I was so bad at that game. I've thought about trying it again, but I'd have to buy it again if I was going to do that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I wasn't aware of that, although I was aware it was when the FF series switched from Nintendo to Sony. I don't know if I really even was aware of the FF series all of that much back then.

Lol. I know. I was so bad at that game. I've thought about trying it again, but I'd have to buy it again if I was going to do that.
Yes. The Nintendo 64 was originally gonna have CDs as its physical media before Nintendo, in a whim, decided to go with cartridges and cancel the agreement they had with CD, which, ironically, led to Sony creating the PlayStation, and being the father of modern day FINAL FANTASY.

FINAL FANTASY X has a sort of systematic battle system. I think it's the closest to traditional FF before XI, which was MMORPG, and XII decided to be an offline version of XI.

...then XIII came out, and we know that story.

And FFXV is perhaps the opening to what may be FINAL FANTASY's incursion into the ARPG genre.

Scorseselover

Final Fantasy VI

Let me tell you...I’ve spent more hours farming in one area to go from level 20 to 30 before reaching Zozo to find Terra and collect the espers which made fighting the boss last only 30 seconds.......

I can’t help it! I’m a grinding freak! That’s partially why RPG is my favorite genre!

drew0512

Awards
I'm currently replaying VI. I'm debating whether to replay V next or play Type-0 for the first time.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Final Fantasy VI

Let me tell you...I’ve spent more hours farming in one area to go from level 20 to 30 before reaching Zozo to find Terra and collect the espers which made fighting the boss last only 30 seconds.......

I can’t help it! I’m a grinding freak! That’s partially why RPG is my favorite genre!
lol reminds me of grinding Cecil into Lv. 40 when you make him a Paladin in Mt. Ordeals. xD
I'm currently replaying VI. I'm debating whether to replay V next or play Type-0 for the first time.
FINAL FANTASY V. Personal favorite~ :D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII (PS4 port), because apparently I have to replay all my favorite FFs at least once a year.
To my surprise, I realized that I have apparently never before played on active mode throughout the whole game. That really makes some stuff like petrify and death sentence...interesting, to say the least.
I'm also immensely bothered by how they managed to make the german translation EVEN WORSE than the one for the original PS1 version. And also the music glitch. WHY?
Still, I don't get tired of this game. :'l And with x3 speed mode, it's even better.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII (PS4 port), because apparently I have to replay all my favorite FFs at least once a year.
To my surprise, I realized that I have apparently never before played on active mode throughout the whole game. That really makes some stuff like petrify and death sentence...interesting, to say the least.
I'm also immensely bothered by how they managed to make the german translation EVEN WORSE than the one for the original PS1 version. And also the music glitch. WHY?
Still, I don't get tired of this game. :'l And with x3 speed mode, it's even better.
They fixed Aeris' "This guy r sick" tho :(

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They fixed Aeris' "This guy r sick" tho :(

Oof yeah I don't know about the English version tbh, like how much they fixed there in general? I never played the PS1 original in English, that's why. Kinda sucks, though. That line was iconic in the same way as the "when I grow up, I wanna be a Blitzball!" kid.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
"Cloud! Attack when its tail is up!"

B'okay!

I'm also probably gonna play through VI on the PC, assuming I can mod it to not look like sadness.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oof yeah I don't know about the English version tbh, like how much they fixed there in general? I never played the PS1 original in English, that's why. Kinda sucks, though. That line was iconic in the same way as the "when I grow up, I wanna be a Blitzball!" kid.
I haven't looked at it, but I'm sure there must be some online summary detailing the changes.

Other than that, that line NEEDS to be in the remake! Hahaha.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Joining in on that FFVII replay journey. Still early, but man I forgot quite a bit about this game. I haven't played this in about ten years, but I am enjoying every bit of Barret's cursing rants hahaha.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I'd been re-playing FFX the past month. I think the only aspect of that game I'm "weak" at is really Rikku's Mix Overdrive. I guess it's a tendency of mine not to waste any item because it may be important later on, so that I've never learned much about how to use her overdrive properly. After so many years, I've become comfortable with nearly everything else--Omega Ruins, getting the Celestial Weapons, Blitzball, etc. Definitely my second favorite FF.

I've started X-2 now with New Game Plus, and I'm about halfway through Ch. 1. Just taking my time. They're night and day, tonally, but I enjoy them both for what they are. I think the only thing I really don't like about X-2 is the music is a massive downgrade (I do like the theme songs though!). I keep hoping one day they may make a FFX-3. Maybe after the VII remake is done? They could make a FFX-3 on PS6 or something, then use what they've created for that to re-make FFX at the same time? Just a thought, lol. I'd totally buy it.

It's a shame the re-orchestrated music from the FFX Remaster hasn't been released digitally.

D

Deleted member 246005

@Tartarus
I'll keep that in mind.

They did set up 3 in the 2.5 novella and the "will" audio drama but those are controversial. Honestly I just want an older Tidus and Yuna versus Jenova.

Back