• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Final Fantasy game(s) are you currently playing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Maybe back when I was younger and din't have a job I would have the patience for 4 Heroes, but it's really sounding like a game that I would drop halfway through the more I hear about it. I think I'll just grab Bravely Default :/

Even at my desk job where I literally get paid to do nothing and sit here I have no patience for 4 Heroes. I alternate between a Pokemon game and BD. It sucks, but cest la vie.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Man, something about 12 really rubbed me the wrong way. The open world was great, but I think that I felt the characters were really lacking substance. I actually think I preferred FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers to any of the numbered entries after X.

Story > Gameplay for me.

A lot of people say that. It really lacked main character finese. I mean, I guess each character was the main character in their own right, but by the end of it I felt that the focus shifted from Vaan and Penelo to the rest of them. Maybe Balthier should have been the main character. Still, I love playing this game, so yeah haha.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Even at my desk job where I literally get paid to do nothing and sit here I have no patience for 4 Heroes. I alternate between a Pokemon game and BD. It sucks, but cest la vie.

Haha, now that's saying something. Well thank you so much for the info and help about those games, I think you really helped me out!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I actually played my copy of XII not long ago. I only own IX, XII, and XIII...

And the character development in XII WAS really odd. The game was great with the open world dynamic, and I loved playing it. But yeah, Balthier took center stage after a while...in a way.
The whole thing started with a tutorial death (practically), for cryin out loud!

kmorris2609

I am currently playing Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. I recently bought them off of ebay, because I was constantly seeing screenshots and gifs of them on tumblr and they looked so interesting. It's just a plus that Noel of XIII-2 is insanely hot.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I am currently playing Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. I recently bought them off of ebay, because I was constantly seeing screenshots and gifs of them on tumblr and they looked so interesting. It's just a plus that Noel of XIII-2 is insanely hot.
Yeah! I only played Noel in XIII-2 as soon as I could switch. He's the reason I somewhat enjoyed the game :3

davidXIIIaxel

Yeah! I only played Noel in XIII-2 as soon as I could switch. He's the reason I somewhat enjoyed the game :3
as though noel is a great character, i get the feels about his past and what happens during the game. and i started playing final fantasy xiii lightning returns and he's in it. i just got up to him, but thats all im going to say. i dont want to spoil anything more if i have already. and if i did im sorry. :(

ChibiHearts249

Awards
as though noel is a great character, i get the feels about his past and what happens during the game. and i started playing final fantasy xiii lightning returns and he's in it. i just got up to him, but thats all im going to say. i dont want to spoil anything more if i have already. and if i did im sorry. :(

Oh, no problem. I don't have the newer one yet, but I get the gist.

davidXIIIaxel

Oh, no problem. I don't have the newer one yet, but I get the gist.
ok :) well i could always send you money to buy it :D. that was a dry pun. lol

but i do sugest that you get it though. its a great add to the game and a conclusion. i think at gamestop its cheaper maybe like 29.99 dollars new. but its around 27.99 preowned. :)

hey chibihearts did you ever play final fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn? its an online MMO and if you like final fantasy i would sugest that. but the only problem is theres a subscription fee. but i only get the one month because its very cheap and if you want tod pay for a whole year its like 80 bucks. thats crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

Staff member
Awards
inbetween replaying 13 and 9 mostly...

I've been wanting to play 9 again as well, and also War of the Lions... Too many games, too little time.

I really need to finish X HD first.

MegaCore5

Awards
I'd be at FF-X the other day, and now I'm going to try X-2 which will be hard since I think that game sucks! I wanted to place tightness again but I guess that makes sense things kindness is no longer with us :)

Max

Staff member
Awards
I think the three of us could go on and on about why we hated X-2, we'd probably need to jump to that thread if we wanted to do that to tell you truth.

So have either of you played the FF7 Bootleg? It gives the game fantastic graphics (for FF7 anyway), and it's an awesome way to re-experience the game. I ask because I've thought about running through it again, but I don't know if applying the mods to the Steam version will disable achievements

davidXIIIaxel

I think the three of us could go on and on about why we hated X-2, we'd probably need to jump to that thread if we wanted to do that to tell you truth.

So have either of you played the FF7 Bootleg? It gives the game fantastic graphics (for FF7 anyway), and it's an awesome way to re-experience the game. I ask because I've thought about running through it again, but I don't know if applying the mods to the Steam version will disable achievements
i heard it wont affect the acheivements. but i got the game i just need to put in the mods.

MegaCore5

Awards

I don't have this but I do have FF7 on my jail broken iPhone. Is this something you have to mod with steam?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Lately, I managed to nap myself physical copies of Final Fantasies VII and IX. I've played a bit of IX, but resolved myself to at least finish the first disc of VII beforehand. So far, I just getting ready to tackle that oh-so-wonderful Wutai sidequest and the Godo battle.

Back