• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What exactly is Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I know Xion is somewhat of a puppet created that gives Roxas more power with the decrease of her power, but how exactly was she formed? Playing through Days, I felt like I knew as much as Roxas did, so i was as confused as he was. I never really understand the importance of Xion, could someone explain to me her purpose in the series?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Xion was created from a copy of Sora's memories Xemnas gathered in KH1FM.

She was meant to be a clone of Roxas if he were to ever fail at collecting Hearts/turn his back on the Organization, but because the most predominant figure in Sora's memories was Kairi, she took on the shape of her.

She also ended up being a receptacle for Sora's memories as they flowed out of him after Namine unchained them. She was just one of Xemnas' many plans gone wrong.

I'm not an expert on Xion though, so somebody else may correct me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, no. Maybe if Nomura retcons some stuff...but if you thought this from her hair color, that was only because KH novel writer Kanemaki wanted a character who had black hair. -shrugs-

No problem~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What Ethnic Woman said was basically right.

Xion is a replica...similar but not the same as the Riku Replica (Repliku) from KH CoM (both were initially "built" by Vexen).

In order to give "her" life, Xemnas went and sampled Sora's memories (unknown battle in KH 1 Final Mix), so Xion's core are Sora's memories, which are also the source of her power.

By forming own memories that belong only to her she however developed an own identity, a mind and consciousness, much like Roxas did as well.

Xion also has the "ability" to absorb memories...which is however not controllable by her.
By absorbing more and more of Sora's memories through Roxas, who has a special psychic link to Sora due to him being his nobody, Xion was on her way to in the end become a "second Sora" which would prevent the real Sora from ever waking up.

Xion absorbed also other memories though, some from Riku, maybe even some from Roxas himself or even some memories of Ventus.
So she created in fact another memory mess which most likely will have a sort of impact in the future...not to mention she is on Sora's "to save"-list as shown in the secret ending of Birth By Sleep.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Haha, no. Maybe if Nomura retcons some stuff...but if you thought this from her hair color, that was only because KH novel writer Kanemaki wanted a character who had black hair. -shrugs-

No problem~

haha yeah her black hair and the fact that she came from sora or roxas (i dont know which one) but i would compare them as they both came from a body that had ventus' heart in it

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What Ethnic Woman said was basically right.

Xion is a replica...similar but not the same as the Riku Replica (Repliku) from KH CoM (both were initially "built" by Vexen).

In order to give "her" life, Xemnas went and sampled Sora's memories (unknown battle in KH 1 Final Mix), so Xion's core are Sora's memories, which are also the source of her power.

By forming own memories that belong only to her she however developed an own identity, a mind and consciousness, much like Roxas did as well.

Xion also has the "ability" to absorb memories...which is however not controllable by her.
By absorbing more and more of Sora's memories through Roxas, who has a special psychic link to Sora due to him being his nobody, Xion was on her way to in the end become a "second Sora" which would prevent the real Sora from ever waking up.

Xion absorbed also other memories though, some from Riku, maybe even some from Roxas himself or even some memories of Ventus.
So she created in fact another memory mess which most likely will have a sort of impact in the future...not to mention she is on Sora's "to save"-list as shown in the secret ending of Birth By Sleep.

thankyou, that was well put :D

does the absorbing memories thing have anything to do with how different orginization members see her? like how xigbar sees her as ventus sometimes?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
thankyou, that was well put :D

does the absorbing memories thing have anything to do with how different orginization members see her? like how xigbar sees her as ventus sometimes?

Exactly, Xion's appearance varies depending on who sees her and who they have connections with.
Xigbar sometimes indeed sees her as Ventus, while Saix only sees a hooded doll, Roxas and later Axel and Riku see "Xion", her own identity while Xemnas sees her as Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
thankyou for the clarification, but i dont understand why saix and axel don't see her as ventus, having met him in BbS

Xigbar also sees her as Ventus only once...that's why he is so surprised and immediately after defeated by Xion.

Isa and Lea only met Ventus for what? Like 20 minutes or so and since then 10 years have passed. It can be they either just forgot...their nobodies Axel and Saix, which btw also have their own mind and identity independent from Lea and Isa could also have not gotten all memories from their somebodies or their connection with Ventus is simply not deep enough to let Xion take the form of Ventus for them.
Terra and Aqua would most likely see Ventus all the time when looking at Xion.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Xigbar also sees her as Ventus only once...that's why he is so surprised and immediately after defeated by Xion.

Isa and Lea only met Ventus for what? Like 20 minutes or so and since then 10 years have passed. It can be they either just forgot...their nobodies Axel and Saix, which btw also have their own mind and identity independent from Lea and Isa could also have not gotten all memories from their somebodies or their connection with Ventus is simply not deep enough to let Xion take the form of Ventus for them.
Terra and Aqua would most likely see Ventus all the time when looking at Xion.

yeah thats true, even though i dont recall braig coming in contact with ventus all that much in BbS

tri-blade

Exactly, Xion's appearance varies depending on who sees her and who they have connections with.
Xigbar sometimes indeed sees her as Ventus, while Saix only sees a hooded doll, Roxas and later Axel and Riku see "Xion", her own identity while Xemnas sees her as Sora.

It could be Ventus too. Remeber Xigbar said in the secret reports that "Xemnas sees Xion as him as well (referring to Ventus)"

Everyone is right so far though. Fun Fact: there is an armor I saw on the internet called "Xion" armor that is used in real life.
I'm glad no one has called her a "Mary Sue" yet. Thanks for keeping this discussion board clean.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It could be Ventus too. Remeber Xigbar said in the secret reports that "Xemnas sees Xion as him as well (referring to Ventus)"

Everyone is right so far though. Fun Fact: there is an armor I saw on the internet called "Xion" armor that is used in real life.
I'm glad no one has called her a "Mary Sue" yet. Thanks for keeping this discussion board clean.

thats interesting, because xemnas is in a way terra, i dont know why he would see xion as sora, having only met him once and when he was a child

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Xemnas probably saw Xion as both Sora and Ven, Sora because of Xion's absorption of Sora's memories, and Ven because of Xemnas' possible memories of Ven (as implied by, "So, sleep has taken you once again").

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Xemnas probably saw Xion as both Sora and Ven, Sora because of Xion's absorption of Sora's memories, and Ven because of Xemnas' possible memories of Ven (as implied by, "So, sleep has taken you once again").

yeah that makes sense. basically everyone sees xion differently based on their connection to sora

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
What exactly is Xion?

A waste of time. It added nothing to the story putting her in. Besides, everything that happened in Days doesn't matter since everyone forgot her. I hope she's not seriously one of the people Sora has to "save from her torment". Please, don't bring her back.

She was a replica of Roxas made from Sora's memories, specifically those of Kairi. As she got stronger, Roxas got weaker. She also drained Sora's memories from him, Roxas, and Ventus. Basically everything everyone else said.

Awards
a clone of Roxas

a replica of Roxas

Picture17-1.png

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What exactly is Xion?

A waste of time. It added nothing to the story putting her in. Besides, everything that happened in Days doesn't matter since everyone forgot her. I hope she's not seriously one of the people Sora has to "save from her torment". Please, don't bring her back.

She was a replica of Roxas made from Sora's memories, specifically those of Kairi. As she got stronger, Roxas got weaker. She also drained Sora's memories from him, Roxas, and Ventus. Basically everything everyone else said.

yeah thats what i thought, the only thing im not sure about now is that time staff at the end of the game (Days) that makes the scenery change. And i think that Xion will be expanded on in future games, i dont think Nomura would include her for no reason

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
*cough* Luxord *cough* Oh I'm sorry I have bad asthma :3
I don't think Xion should be remembered tbh..Let's just forget her..like Luxord! lol

lol, i think that the longevity of luxord has something to do with his importance in theorginization. I think he was upto something, just something we havent seen yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back