• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What exactly is Xehanort's goal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xera Highwind

Xehanort-201897224
Before the events in BBS, Xehanort trained Ventus so he could become his new vessel,but it failed. So he split Ven's heart into pure light and darkness so​
they could one day battle and create his own personal Kingdom Hearts... But why does he even want to do that? It's never really explained.
Maybe he wants the power from it so he could live forever? The first thought to come to mind would be just to quell his hunger for power, but I don't​
believe that is why. He doesn't rwally seem like a person who just wants to rule all, especially since he wouldn't have even tried to create a Kingdom Hearts if Ven would have succeeded in his training. Maybe it's possible that he wants something that hasn't been explained yet?
What do you all think? Have I just missed something VERY important or is his true goals actually that unknown?​

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Xehanort wants to re-enact a cataclysmic event, a Keyblade War, just so he can see what happens. His overall plan could be simplified to this:

- Forge the X-Blade
- Use X-Blade to find Kingdom Hearts
- Kick back and watch as all the worlds begin to fight over the light
- ???
- Question is answered! Who needs profit?!

Basically, he's the Mad Scientist trope taken up to eleven. I wouldn't be surprised if he might've developed a desire for ULTIMATE POWEEEERR at some point, though.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
This isn't really helping the topic but I'm a little curious right now: Didn't he wanna use Vanitas as his new vessel before learning about the possibility of clashing pure light and darkness to forge the X-blade? And then through Ventus' thoughts/feelings/whatever, Vanitas somehow knew Terra was vulnerable to the darkness and would make a good vessel instead? I feel like that was in one of the Xehanort reports or so...

Anyways, he wants the keyblade war to recreate the worlds and restore the balance between light and darkness, since light is the more powerful force "ruling" the worlds at the moment, kind of opressing the darkness. (I...think?)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This isn't really helping the topic but I'm a little curious right now: Didn't he wanna use Vanitas as his new vessel before learning about the possibility of clashing pure light and darkness to forge the X-blade? And then through Ventus' thoughts/feelings/whatever, Vanitas somehow knew Terra was vulnerable to the darkness and would make a good vessel instead? I feel like that was in one of the Xehanort reports or so...

Anyways, he wants the keyblade war to recreate the worlds and restore the balance between light and darkness, since light is the more powerful force "ruling" the worlds at the moment, kind of opressing the darkness. (I...think?)

Almost, he wanted to use Ventus as the vessel but since he wouldn't embrace the darkness within him, Xehanort extracted it, hoping Ven's light would be strong enough to create the X-blade

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
His ultimate goal is laid out in the ninth Xehanort Report:
As a boy, I dreamed of seeing the farthest reaches of the World. If I only went far enough, there had to be a world out there in which no one had ever before set foot. And now I know of just such a world. If I become the first to open Kingdom Hearts' door, I can create a Next World in which light and darkness exist in perfect equilibrium.
Re-enacting the Keyblade War is just a means to this end.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xehanort wants to re-enact a cataclysmic event, a Keyblade War, just so he can see what happens. His overall plan could be simplified to this:

- Forge the X-Blade
- Use X-Blade to find Kingdom Hearts
- Kick back and watch as all the worlds begin to fight over the light
- ???
- Question is answered! Who needs profit?!

Basically, he's the Mad Scientist trope taken up to eleven. I wouldn't be surprised if he might've developed a desire for ULTIMATE POWEEEERR at some point, though.

Sitting back an seeing what happens doesn't fit with his "creating a new world"-nonsense though which is a god-complex at its finest.
Curiosity certainly is one of his main motivations but it is not his ultimate goal.

His ultimate goal is laid out in the ninth Xehanort Report:

Re-enacting the Keyblade War is just a means to this end.

Or in short Xehanort is a curiosity-driven, conceited fellow who is willing to cause an apocalypse so he can play god.

Ultimate goal = I am/will be god and all hearts/living things will have to bow to my control.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Honestly, I think a lot of Xehanort's motivations stems from not being accepted. He clearly always had darkness in his heart and his Master believed Light to be Absolute, that darkness was to be feared, to be suppressed, to be scared of. Xehanort looked around and saw how people treated the dark. He believed they should be in balance, that both light and the dark should be accepted. Since he never was, he tried to find a way to remake the world so that it was. So that he could.

Basically, he's a gay supervillain.

Smithee

Awards
He clearly always had darkness in his heart and his Master believed Light to be Absolute, that darkness was to be feared, to be suppressed, to be scared of. Xehanort looked around and saw how people treated the dark.

And yet he only ended up reinforcing everything they feared about it, thus shooting his whole "Balance" message to Hell.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well Riku kind of proves that darkness isn't inherently bad, so perhaps what really caused Xehanort's evilness was rejection from society and if they hadn't been so light-crazed none of this would have happened.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well Riku kind of proves that darkness isn't inherently bad, so perhaps what really caused Xehanort's evilness was rejection from society and if they hadn't been so light-crazed none of this would have happened.

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Although let's be honest, after seeing so many villains use this power and its properties to do really horrible things, is it surprising that people ended up with an aversion to darkness?

... That, and why should anyone swallow a sermon given by a creep who's perfectly fine with physically and mentally torturing others? Nothing so far has indicated that Xehanort's sadistic streak is the direct result of "unacceptance."

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Although let's be honest, after seeing so many villains use this power and its properties to do really horrible things, is it surprising that people ended up with an aversion to darkness?

... That, and why should anyone swallow a sermon given by a creep who's perfectly fine with physically and mentally torturing others? Nothing so far has indicated that Xehanort's sadistic streak is the direct result of "unacceptance."
Well he wasn't a such a creep in the beginning, he was a kid who was told to hate himself lol. I'm just offering another possible interpretation. I feel the way Eraqus is, how Xehanort writes in his reports, and the fact that Xehanort wants a balanced world instead of one overrun in darkness has potential to say a lot about his character (and it's pretty much the only possibility for depth in his shallow-ass character at this point, so).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Basically, he's a gay supervillain.

I 100% accept this reading of his character.

But yes, I think a lot of Xehanort's issues stem from not having anybody that was on his level. He was not like the others on the island, so he left. He found something close to fitting in with Eraqus and his Master, but their strong values about Light and Darkness pushed him away. He explored all the worlds he could and never found his answers...

If there had at least been one person who could have understood Xehanort as a young man, I doubt he'd have ever ended up where he is now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I 100% accept this reading of his character.

But yes, I think a lot of Xehanort's issues stem from not having anybody that was on his level. He was not like the others on the island, so he left. He found something close to fitting in with Eraqus and his Master, but their strong values about Light and Darkness pushed him away. He explored all the worlds he could and never found his answers...

If there had at least been one person who could have understood Xehanort as a young man, I doubt he'd have ever ended up where he is now.

so basically riku. you're telling me, young xehanort is the type of guy who would get manipulated by old xehanort. good to know lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
so basically riku.

Yah. The games do make it a point to constantly juxtapose Riku to Xehanort, but show what happens when you have good friends to keep you on the straight and narrow.

you're telling me, young xehanort is the type of guy who would get manipulated by old xehanort. good to know lol

I've been preaching this since KH3D when Young Xehanort stopped to enjoy the flowers and romantic sunset in the Symphony of Sorcery. 8D

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
so basically riku. you're telling me, young xehanort is the type of guy who would get manipulated by old xehanort. good to know lol
Whether this was intended as a joke or not, the accuracy hurts.
I've been preaching this since KH3D when Young Xehanort stopped to enjoy the flowers and romantic sunset in the Symphony of Sorcery. 8D
Thanks for reminding me. Now I'm gonna continue to hope (read: hold onto a pipe dream) that KH3's big plot twist is Trollanort going "screw this shit I'm out" and turning on Geezernort. :D

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
my hope is that the lights use the card up their sleeve known as eraqus, who fits all criteria for time travel, and send him back to show YX some compassion so when the big battle comes, he does le selfstab and ends his older prick self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back