• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What exactly is this game meant to accomplish?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson167

OK, there's nothing that would prevent me from getting this game. I'm too obsessed to not get it. But really what purpose does the game serve? What is it expanding on. KH2 or bbs? I'm going to play it for sure but what is there to be excited about?

MasterAqua

Website
www.facebook.com
This game expand things from both KH2, Days and BBS. Also, in the ending you get to know what is written in the letter Sora got in KH2's ending.

Revolution

OK, there's nothing that would prevent me from getting this game. I'm too obsessed to not get it. But really what purpose does the game serve? What is it expanding on. KH2 or bbs? I'm going to play it for sure but what is there to be excited about?

Yes, ReCoded does expand on the series. The ending reveals what was written in the letter from KH2, along with other things that will be important in the next games. The secret ending reveals what Mickey and Yen Sid know about some important characters in the series. Along with others, it does show some new concepts.

SladeJT

Website
sladejt.deviantart.com
Re:coded explains what was in the note we saw ages ago at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2. Personally, I feel that some of the mysterious messages are a bit too "poetic" and written in such a way that's just plain weird.

Crystal

Silver Member
This game expand things from both KH2, Days and BBS. Also, in the ending you get to know what is written in the letter Sora got in KH2's ending.

This.
And the re:coded secret ending is giving some hint on the next series story

Ventuskeyblade

i personally think that this is a game that isnt very nescisary to the series. I mean, it's just something that could be explained in KHIII or 3D. but there are a few things that get cleared up dealing with the overall story line.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
i personally think that this is a game that isnt very nescisary to the series. I mean, it's just something that could be explained in KHIII or 3D. but there are a few things that get cleared up dealing with the overall story line.

I kinda agree that the things this game reveals could have been incorporated in KH3D's plot, but still I found this game to be very enjoyable all the same, it may not have been the longest game and was a rehash of KH1 worlds but the fact that the game's plot takes place after KH2 and we got to see a little adventure with Mickey and the disney gang was very nice I thought.

Anyways Re:Coded basically explains Mickey's letter at the end of KH2, and it also helps to connect 358/2 Days and BBS to the current timeline as well reveals Sora's connections to the main characters of those games.

jonXjon

Re:coded doesn't advance the plot very much. But it is imo the best handheld NINTENDO kingdom hearts game. It has a lot of challenge and if you do get it play on Proud.

captain

Bronze Member
really fun game

it connects the stories from days & BbS and really makes it feel like the ending of a trilogy

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You also forget it shows the importance of data, and practically hints at its return in future games (i.e. AtW's research inside of Sora)

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
when I first read the thread title, I thought of this. LOL

A cure for boredom? It's a nice little treat that keeps the KH fans happy, and it does it's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back