• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Exactly Happened with Kairi on Destiny Islands?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

All right, so I have beaten KH multiple times in the past (one of my favorite games of all time), yet this question didn't really occur to me until now.

I think I know the general stuff; I just want some more in-depth specifics.

1. Why is Kairi talking to Sora like she is possessed? "Sora..."

My thoughts: I think that she was being heavily discomforted by the darkness on the other side of the door in the cave.

My question: Is there an official answer for this though?

2. Why did Kairi's body just intangibly go through Sora's body and disappear?

My thoughts: The darkness that exploded from Destiny Island's heart (the other side of the door in the cave) should have killed Kairi. However, the magic spell that Aqua cast ensured that Kairi's heart would find shelter in Sora's which evidently had the side effect of making the body temporarily teleport elsewhere

My queston: Was it just a cool effect to make her go intangible and disappear? Is there an official reason as to why that happened?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
All right, so I have beaten KH multiple times in the past (one of my favorite games of all time), yet this question didn't really occur to me until now.

I think I know the general stuff; I just want some more in-depth specifics.

My thoughts: I think that she was being heavily discomforted by the darkness on the other side of the door in the cave.

My question: Is there an official answer for this though?

We were just talking about this in another topic, but I'll answer it here:

me said:
Kairi was totally holding back the Darkness of the Keyhole. This is something the princesses are drawn to, they do it in Hollow Bastion. Kairi is exhausted by the time Sora arrives and as soon as she lets her guard down she collapses and the darkness overwhelms them. There were no Heartless in the cavern, and she wasn't putting up a struggle. It can only be inferred that she was holding the darkness back through will.

The novels seem to confirm this.

My thoughts: The darkness that exploded from Destiny Island's heart (the other side of the door in the cave) should have killed Kairi. However, the magic spell that Aqua cast ensured that Kairi's heart would find shelter in Sora's which evidently had the side effect of making the body temporarily teleport elsewhere

My queston: Was it just a cool effect to make her go intangible and disappear? Is there an official reason as to why that happened?

Kairi's body didn't just vanish after that though. It passed through Sora's body and flew out of the cave and was spirited away to another world. We see Kairi fly out of the cave in 3D.

There's no canon reason as to why it occurred that way, but Aqua's spell is the best bet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

She instinctually went to the door where the heart of Destiny Island was to subconsciously protect it and keep the darkness from flowing into the world.

In those brief seconds, her heart crossed over into Sora's body and her body was flung off into the sea of worlds.

No. It wouldn't have killed Kairi. That much Darkness wouldn't kill anybody. It'd just corrupt their heart. As Kairi is a Princess of Heart, the Darkness cannot taint her but it was too much for her which was why her heart sought out shelter within Sora's heart.

I wouldn't believe the spell did more than guide her to the island. Seems like a bit much to believe a spell was influencing every lucky event surrounding Kairi. Kairi's own heart decided Sora's heart was a safe place because of their bond to each other.

My queston: Was it just a cool effect to make her go intangible and disappear? Is there an official reason as to why that happened

Do they have to explain every stylistic decision they make? Why do people vanish into balls of light when their hearts leave their bodies?

Last edited:

Veritas7340

Do they have to explain every stylistic decision they make? Why do people vanish into balls of light when their hearts leave their bodies?

Good point. As for the body being flung off to the sea of worlds, I've never played 3D Dream Drop Distance before, so I only had the KH1 vantage point which makes it seem as if she vanished

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Good point. As for the body being flung off to the sea of worlds, I've never played 3D Dream Drop Distance before, so I only had the KH1 vantage point which makes it seem as if she vanished

I don't think that was mentioned in 3D about her body being flung off, I could be wrong though as I don't remember every line in 3D. I always thought it was inferred given her body obviously didn't vanish given it re-appeared later (in Neverland with Riku).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
When Kairi's "body" went through Sora I kind of assumed that she had already lost her heart at that point and what we saw was just her heart projecting. Though that would bring up the question of what happened to her body before then and 3D seems to imply that she lost her heart the moment the darkness hit her.

As I mentioned in another thread though, bodies in KH seem to be more on the metaphysical side, so her body going through Sora's was because...ssssssciiiiiiiieeeeeeeeence. Yeah.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It was not mentioned but shown when Sora talked with Young Xehanort while visiting the past events back in KH 1.
It's when Young Xehanort says "Simple" as an answer to one of Sora's questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back