• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ever happened to BBSv2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

Well, I will say this. If there MUST be time travel, I want a sequential boss fight where you travel through all the end fights of every game.

But only if there's time travel.

Epic_Finale722

Just because the Mysterious Figure can time travel, which is akin to the Phantom's ability to use time manipulation, doesn't mean MF is going to reset anything really. It's probably just something like how Xemnas stole data from Sora in KH1, simple but meaningful to the story line.

I have more reason to then that to get to the reset button conclusion, but it is mostly a hunch and I really don't think that will happen.

-time motif for the unknown
-while it may have been used by phantom the mysterious figure has a much higher likelihood of being an important character in the series.
-time references in secret episode
-The feeling that a cosmic reset button seems to be the only way to set everything right at this point.

You really can't expect something in a Kingdom Hearts game to be simple and meaningful to the story.

I still don't think this will happen though.

LucasDraleau

For one we don't necessarily know if BBSVol.2 is a game or not. However, I feel that the BBSVol.2 is a game based on three pieces of evidence.

1.) At the end of BBS FM you play as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness and then we see several scenes that occur throughout the KH timeline. Events that occur during the ten year period Aqua was in the Realm of Darkness.

2.) Nomura's one game-a-year plan. If we get 3D in 2012, which is confirmed, then I could see BBSVol.2 in 2013, and III in 2014 or 2015, depending on if either game gets a Final Mix that is counted as a game a year, which doesn't really make sense since only Japan gets them.

3.) In one of Nomura's interview he hints at a game between the end of BBS and I, which is the time that Aqua was in the RoD, and how even though fans could guess what happened he felt that it would be better if they actually got to see it in some form, spelled out.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
For one we don't necessarily know if BBSVol.2 is a game or not. However, I feel that the BBSVol.2 is a game based on three pieces of evidence.

1.) At the end of BBS FM you play as Aqua in the Realm of Darkness and then we see several scenes that occur throughout the KH timeline. Events that occur during the ten year period Aqua was in the Realm of Darkness.

2.) Nomura's one game-a-year plan. If we get 3D in 2012, which is confirmed, then I could see BBSVol.2 in 2013, and III in 2014 or 2015, depending on if either game gets a Final Mix that is counted as a game a year, which doesn't really make sense since only Japan gets them.

3.) In one of Nomura's interview he hints at a game between the end of BBS and I, which is the time that Aqua was in the RoD, and how even though fans could guess what happened he felt that it would be better if they actually got to see it in some form, spelled out.

It might also be an issue with SE. Since Nomura doesn't wanna get KHIII into production until after VXIII, he might just be under pressure to keep developing KH games until that time just for the sake of generating more revenue. Creative decisions are so badly violated by businesses, sadly.

It's like how some anime series never actually take breaks between seasons, and instead have to produce a bunch of filler crap because progress has to be made constantly. Japan's a little nuts with that stuff from what I've noticed.

Ronove

It might also be an issue with SE. Since Nomura doesn't wanna get KHIII into production until after VXIII, he might just be under pressure to keep developing KH games until that time just for the sake of generating more revenue. Creative decisions are so badly violated by businesses, sadly.

It's like how some anime series never actually take breaks between seasons, and instead have to produce a bunch of filler crap because progress has to be made constantly. Japan's a little nuts with that stuff from what I've noticed.

A troubling issue is also how Square Enix took a bit of a nosedive in stock value due to FF14 being a bomb. Nomura makes good games, so it's up to him and his team to pinch hit.

Although Nomura really likes BBS, and Aqua, so I don't know if he resents making BBSv2 too much(if indeed it is a game)

Etherealin

I really hope it isn't time travel- everything will just get even more confusing and harder to follow, but if it can be pulled off well, then no complaints here. The reset button theory does sound plausible, too :/

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, they already use the time-travel stuff in Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Let's hope it isn't also in KH then. ;)

Patamon246

Awards
maybe the mysterious figure is xemnas? he met them so that he could remember more of his past life(s)?

billyzanesucks

Nomura said that he wanted to tell the story of Mickey's time in the RoD back in the Director's Secret Report. It seems the idea's been around for a while now. I don't think it's something they came up with just to make money.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
maybe the mysterious figure is xemnas? he met them so that he could remember more of his past life(s)?

Xemnas was already often speculated...lol.

Who's the Mysterious Figure?
Maybe it's Caius from FF XIII-2, or Noel? LOL.
They took a wrong turn and landed in the wrong Universe.

Nomura said that he wanted to tell the story of Mickey's time in the RoD back in the Director's Secret Report. It seems the idea's been around for a while now. I don't think it's something they came up with just to make money.

I can recall that one part of BBSv2 being the two still untold stories from back then were discussed, yes.
It was the main argument for the scenarios being Mickey, Riku and Aqua because of the two untold stories one concerns Mickey and one concerns Riku.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Yeah, we also get tons of crazy stuff happening like Ventus and Sora vanishing, Kairi being with people she shouldn't be, Xion and Roxas existing..

I really hope it's not Time Travel related, but something tells me it is.

What I seen, it seem to me not a new game. Because like the other secret movies, it's just a CG thing that looks cool and doesn't really explain anything. But to me, it looked like a trailer... for what? Who knows?

billyzanesucks

What I seen, it seem to me not a new game. Because like the other secret movies, it's just a CG thing that looks cool and doesn't really explain anything. But to me, it looked like a trailer... for what? Who knows?
They all foreshadow one of the next games. The title 'Birth by Sleep Volume II' makes it kind of obvious that it's a game, along with what Nomura said about a game between BBS and KH, and the fact that pretty much no non-game things are advertised in a game, nor is so much importance placed.

Ronove

They all foreshadow one of the next games. The title 'Birth by Sleep Volume II' makes it kind of obvious that it's a game, along with what Nomura said about a game between BBS and KH, and the fact that pretty much no non-game things are advertised in a game, nor is so much importance placed.

Nomura: Just kidding, the birth by sleep volume II movie was a joke, Aqua died inbetween games. "laughs"

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I have more reason to then that to get to the reset button conclusion, but it is mostly a hunch and I really don't think that will happen.

-time motif for the unknown
-while it may have been used by phantom the mysterious figure has a much higher likelihood of being an important character in the series.
-time references in secret episode
-The feeling that a cosmic reset button seems to be the only way to set everything right at this point.

You really can't expect something in a Kingdom Hearts game to be simple and meaningful to the story.

I still don't think this will happen though.

I realize Mf is obviously going to be more important than the Phantom was, my point was that his relevance may be equal to that of Xemnas in KH1. Where he only does something small in the game he made an appearance in originally, but has a more meaningful impact on later games rather than rebooting the entire time line.
I don't find most of KH to be very complicated really, only some things.

Radar

Bronze Member
It is the mystery game that has been in develpment for awhile, and will cover "the King's absence, and Riku's time in the RoD". Nomura allready did a game for xehanort's past, and Roxas. So this is a game that will focus on the blank points. Also; Aqua.

In my opinion.

Ronove

Here's a good topic of discussion: Will the main character of BBSv2 be Aqua? Or will she simply be one of many protagonists?

LucasDraleau

Here's a good topic of discussion: Will the main character of BBSv2 be Aqua? Or will she simply be one of many protagonists?

I think that sense Nomura mentions Mickey and Riku's absence as the remaining stories that he wants to portray that we will most likely play as Riku, Mickey, and Aqua.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If its using the BBS name, that would imply a structure similar to BBS, so yeah probably 3 characters. But Riku would have different worlds from the other 2 which is problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back