• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► What enemy type will we fight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalDream

With BBS showing Master Xehanort having to rely on a small amount of Pureblood Heartless to fight Ventus, we're kinda missing an enemy to fight for this prequel to the dark seeker saga.

With no experiments by Apprentice Xehanort, Emblem Heartless do not exist yet. This in turn heavily reduces the amount of Nobodies when they are already relatively rare since you need enough willpower to form one.

With no Vanitas, there are no Unversed.

Scala Ad Caelum seems peaceful enough that it would be unlikely the Pureblood Heartless are a significant threat at this point in time.

Do you think we'll get the same cop-out as with Union X where we just fight future versions of enemies? Are Nightmare Dream Eaters making a return? Or will Pureblood Heartless be the only enemy we see (hopefully with much more variety in this case, as KH0.2 only introduced 3 new types, the Cores)?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Being a mobile game I don't have high hopes. They BS'ed the heartless into Chi instead of actually following through on the war premise and having opposing Keyblade wielders as the enemy or creating an original group of monsters. Heck if Darkness is who he's implied to be, they probably could've had unverse the entire time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could the sleeping worlds somehow still be a thing? Actual nightmares seem to be the only enemy I can think of that would make even a lick of sense, otherwise prepare for some weird “retcon” for the heartless (of which, as a Dark Seeker, why would we fight that which we are?)

EternalDream

Could the sleeping worlds somehow still be a thing? Actual nightmares seem to be the only enemy I can think of that would make even a lick of sense, otherwise prepare for some weird “retcon” for the heartless (of which, as a Dark Seeker, why would we fight that which we are?)

I'd imagine at this point in time Xehanort would still need to fend off any Heartless like any other keyblade wielder, as he's yet to gain complete control over the darkness yet (silver eyes and all).

Since young Eraqus is also teased to be part of the game (along with some more blurred out characters - fellow students perhaps) he'd at least be fighting the darkness to feign being a good guy, if nothing else.

But yeah, short of nightmares (which would honestly be a stretch imo?) I can only think of pureblood heartless to make any sense lore-wise, without Nomura pulling a new enemy type out of his hat like he did with the Unversed in BBS (which I always felt was a bit ridiculous even back then. How convenient they're only around when Vanitas is...)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd imagine at this point in time Xehanort would still need to fend off any Heartless like any other keyblade wielder, as he's yet to gain complete control over the darkness yet (silver eyes and all).

Since young Eraqus is also teased to be part of the game (along with some more blurred out characters - fellow students perhaps) he'd at least be fighting the darkness to feign being a good guy, if nothing else.

But yeah, short of nightmares (which would honestly be a stretch imo?) I can only think of pureblood heartless to make any sense lore-wise, without Nomura pulling a new enemy type out of his hat like he did with the Unversed in BBS (which I always felt was a bit ridiculous even back then. How convenient they're only around when Vanitas is...)
Creating a whole new enemy type wouldn’t work out well, in my opinion. There would need to be an explanation as to why it vanished before BbS and they’d need to come up with a reason for its resurrection if they bring it into a console game.

Xehanort’s on a world tour so it cuts out any kind of projections (I’m still waiting on a proper reason why the BoP doesn’t project enemies that aren’t Heartless) and we are left with a limited amount to pull from, unless they greatly expand the amount of pure bloods.

Or Square Enix will pull a fast one on us and this isn’t going to be a traditional game where we fight enemies, but it’s like... kingdom hearts triple triad or something

Perkilator

Awards
I just hope we eventually get to fight Nightmares again in some fashion. That’s what KH3 was missing to me, and they could’ve easily worked for a toy Box in context of the world’s plot.

Violet Pluto

Awards
@Chaser
...I'd be up for a KH card game...
Anyway, we got some new Pure-Blooded Heartless in KH3 in the form of the Cores and it wouldn't be a stretch to include more Pure Bloods as enemies. They could touch on Xehanort's travels into the Realm of Darkness, or have an inciting incident that allows him to start seriously "Seeking" Darkness.

@Perkilator thing is, Toybox wasn't a Sleeping World so why would Dream Eaters be there? I understand that they were in a Copy of the real world but that isn't the same thing.

EternalDream

thing is, Toybox wasn't a Sleeping World so why would Dream Eaters be there? I understand that they were in a Copy of the real world but that isn't the same thing.

Dream Eaters are capable of appearing in the real world if Chirity is any indication. So are Nightmares, with Nightmare Chirity running around in Chi.

There's also Dream Eater-ified Riku in DDD's TWTNW which is also the real world, at least the "Where Nothing Gathers" part with the Organization.

So nothing lore-wise really prevents Nightmares from being the enemy, I suppose?

Perkilator

Awards
@Chaser
...I'd be up for a KH card game...
Anyway, we got some new Pure-Blooded Heartless in KH3 in the form of the Cores and it wouldn't be a stretch to include more Pure Bloods as enemies. They could touch on Xehanort's travels into the Realm of Darkness, or have an inciting incident that allows him to start seriously "Seeking" Darkness.

@Perkilator thing is, Toybox wasn't a Sleeping World so why would Dream Eaters be there? I understand that they were in a Copy of the real world but that isn't the same thing.
My idea was that Toy Box could’ve been a FAKE Sleeping World created using power from the Realm of Sleep.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Dream Eaters are capable of appearing in the real world if Chirity is any indication. So are Nightmares, with Nightmare Chirity running around in Chi.

There's also Dream Eater-ified Riku in DDD's TWTNW which is also the real world, at least the "Where Nothing Gathers" part with the Organization.

So nothing lore-wise really prevents Nightmares from being the enemy, I suppose?
Chirithy is special as it is stated that it was created by MoM and while that might have been a mistaken assumption by the Foretellers there is still no precedent for Dream Eaters outside of Sleeping worlds barring special circumstances.

The special circumstance in DDD is that Sora was still dreaming and was using his Dream body, which opened the gate for his Dream Eaters to follow him, because of the weird gateway that the Xehanorts made that allowed for the dreaming Sora to get there in the first place.

Now while Xehanort might have had some experience with them while he was young, and therefore tying into this game and why he is able to hijack the dreaming Sora in DDD, that's speculation without a base.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

I notice that on the English Twitter page they call it a 'new mobile experience' which to me suggests it could have non-traditional gameplay

EternalDream

I notice that on the English Twitter page they call it a 'new mobile experience' which to me suggests it could have non-traditional gameplay

Clearly it'll be a chess sim that finally explains to rules to YX and Eraqus's bizarre chess game, and we'll get to play the Foretellers variant teased at the end of KH3 as well to lead into KH4 🤭

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think got it, a new 3rd variant of DE alongside spirits & nightmares, called "Daydreams". The daydream DE could be a variant that can exist in the real world.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think got it, a new 3rd variant of DE alongside spirits & nightmares, called "Daydreams". The daydream DE could be a variant that can exist in the real world.
Makes sense with the sleep direction the series is going with.

Soldier

Awards
Ooh! I know what could be the new enemy type! Disney Characters!
Think about it:
throughout the series, we've seen small militias worth of foes that can easily fill the ranks within the worlds as enemies in their own rights. Card soldiers in Wonderland, Barbossa's crew in Port Royal, Maleficent's goons in Enchanted Dominion, the list goes on. And Xehanort is supposed to be the villain/come into conflict with world inhabitants that lead to his harsh ideologies. Whose to say he doesnt go to wonderland as his first world, run into the queen of hearts and her card soldiers and have them relentlessly try and hunt him down, mimicking Sora's first world outside of Traverse Town and giving him something to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back