• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What does Xigbar's calling Roxas "Tiger" mean?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whgang99

Wow, right now I am very surprised knowing that the word "poppet" is actually used to call a child. Since I'm not English native, I thought is was simply an alternate spelling of "puppet". So nobody realized in the game what Xigbar's calling Xion "poppet" meant because it actually is not very apart from his way of calling Roxas "Kiddo", am I right?

But then, I got a question - One day, Xigbar called Roxas "tiger". Does this also have a simillar meaning of calling a child? Does it mean something complex? I couldn't find this out myself. Please help me English users! :)
Also, is the word "poppet" not used anymore in modern English as the meaning of "puppet"?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Poppet is a term of endearment, usually for young women, generally it's only used in European English speaking areas, it's not used in America. Basically, you're calling someone a little doll when you call them poppet. It's a play on words, Xigbar is both calling Xion a doll as a compliment and joking to himself that she's an actual doll of sorts.

Tiger is a term of endearment used for someone who's rambunctious, assertive or playful, like the animal. There's no double meaning there.

whgang99

Thanks!:D I really envy you, having Kingdom Hearts in your native language.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back