• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Does Mickey Know?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

curlychuck

In the movie "Seven Lights Thirteen Darkness," when Xehanort informs Mickey and Riku about 7 guardians of light and 13 seekers of darkness, Mickey responds by counting off members, saying...

"Well for keyblade wielders, there's me and Riku and Sora. And my three friends (Terra, Aqua, and Ven). That's six. Then the seventh would be..."

Then he pauses, looks around the room at the hooded figures, and says...

"That means... the thirteen seekers of darkness...."

And is then cut off, seemingly intentionally at that exact moment, by MX who says

"Yes, little king, perceptive." As if MX discovers that Mickey knows who each member of both sides is.

Is Mickey aware of things we do not, and cannot, know yet, or are we supposed to gather from this scene what and who Mickey is referring to?

LMNOP

In the movie "Seven Lights Thirteen Darkness," when Xehanort informs Mickey and Riku about 7 guardians of light and 13 seekers of darkness, Mickey responds by counting off members, saying...

"Well for keyblade wielders, there's me and Riku and Sora. And my three friends (Terra, Aqua, and Ven). That's six. Then the seventh would be..."

Then he pauses, looks around the room at the hooded figures, and says...

"That means... the thirteen seekers of darkness...."

And is then cut off, seemingly intentionally at that exact moment, by MX who says

"Yes, little king, perceptive." As if MX discovers that Mickey knows who each member of both sides is.

Is Mickey aware of things we do not, and cannot, know yet, or are we supposed to gather from this scene what and who Mickey is referring to?

He either remembers its Kairi, but Nomura didnt want you to know this until the secret ending; or he doesnt quite know yet, but he thinks of somebody or nobody; or he thinks its Lea therefore looks at the Orginazation members because he was one.

Im sure its one of those three.

iLeen

Awards
I think he was trying to figure out who the seventh would be. As far as Mickey knew, Lea was still in Keyblade-training in which he may or may not be able to call upon his own Keyblade, and Mickey seemed pretty surprise in the secret ending when Kairi showed up regarding the Keyblade (although I'm pretty sure he knew she could wield one)

ShailsTDSPT

Don't forget Xehanort says that Sora and Terra are on his side, so he is three guardians short - meaning he still didn't know who the seventh would be.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
It's actually a lot more simple than you think, but i think poorly put together in the cutscene.
He is counting if all the keyblade wielders of the Realm of Light make seven, and then he realises that the 13 darknesses are the ones gathered around the room.

It isn't anything deeper than that.
Master Xehanort responds in an almost sarcastic way, it can be assumed that Mickey is quite thick and it took him a while to realise that the 13(or 12) darknesses were sitting right in front of him. It's not that he knows who they are...

curlychuck

Wow, if that's really the case then I feel as dumb as Mickey sounds in that scene...

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's actually a lot more simple than you think, but i think poorly put together in the cutscene.
He is counting if all the keyblade wielders of the Realm of Light make seven, and then he realises that the 13 darknesses are the ones gathered around the room.

It isn't anything deeper than that.
Master Xehanort responds in an almost sarcastic way, it can be assumed that Mickey is quite thick and it took him a while to realise that the 13(or 12) darknesses were sitting right in front of him. It's not that he knows who they are...

Yeah this is how I took it, too. He just seemed to be counting them all. To be fair Sora and Riku both stopped to count all the Keyholes they had sealed too...

And then in BBS Ven had to count if Phil had said more than 2 words :p So yeah, it's not like it's the first time its happened.

RoadtoDawn

Nomura just thinks us players are a bit slow on the uptake. And he may not be so wrong, considering the confusion this forum has fielded about this game... :p

One thing though: you *might* be onto something, though I think it's also explained in the game when Mickey and Yen Sid realize that Xehanorts been planning the whole thing. Right before receiving the note from Maleficent stating that she had kidnapped Minnie, Mickey is also in the middle of a seemingly breakthrough-type thought but is cut off.

To me, this gives the Disney villians a few brownie points. People have been complaining that they were idiots and useless in this game, but it seems that Xehanort plugged Maleficent there to stop them from realizing what was going on earlier and pulling Sora and Riku out. So in some respect, Maleficient did screw things up for our heroes.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I assumed he was referring to Lea, but it's possible he was thinking of Kairi.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Yeah this is how I took it, too. He just seemed to be counting them all. To be fair Sora and Riku both stopped to count all the Keyholes they had sealed too...

And then in BBS Ven had to count if Phil had said more than 2 words :p So yeah, it's not like it's the first time its happened.

drawbacks Skippin school to save the world the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back