• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What does "Kurt Zisa" even mean?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

I'm about to finish KH1 for the first time but not before I take on the bonus bosses! I just beat Kurt Zisa and have been trying to figure out the significance behind its name and how it ties into the series (I don't understand Russian). What does it mean?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Kurt Zisa is a fella in New York who entered a Name-in-Game contest when KH1 was being localized in America. He won, naturally, and had this boss created and named after him.

Fun fact: I have his phone number and I've prank called him several times regarding KH3, pretending to be a Square Exec with details about the game. He has believed me every time and I have no plans of stopping.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He also designed the Kurt Zisa heartless, I believe. I always wondered what would have happened if they got someone with a normal sounding name like Tom Henry.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
He also designed the Kurt Zisa heartless, I believe. I always wondered what would have happened if they got someone with a normal sounding name like Tom Henry.
Probably would've just been a boring NPC. I didn't know that this guy designed that Heartless, though. D'you have a source you can link me to?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Fun fact: I have his phone number and I've prank called him several times regarding KH3, pretending to be a Square Exec with details about the game. He has believed me every time and I have no plans of stopping.
Why, just out of spite? That's really immature.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He didn't design it. He was like 12 or something when the game came out.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He didn't design it. He was like 12 or something when the game came out.

So the contest was literally just submit your name, and whoever's name sounds the most like a heartless, you win? I could swear I read that he designed it or it was a fan drawing contest or something. Oh well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i remember hearing about it, was he from the city or the greater state? i was real young but i thought it was hella cool, and i imagine the phone book calls...

fucking launchpad dude

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Imagine how confused this guy must have been when SE had to contact him again to get permission to use his name for 1.5 lol

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Imagine how confused this guy must have been when SE had to contact him again to get permission to use his name for 1.5 lol
i

i never even thought of that possibility. was he paid royalties or was it under the same deal after 11 years?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Since it's Disney we are talking about he probably never received any royalties but has signed off his name instead, so they can use it in all future products.:wink:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SE got in contact with him back in 2012? 2013? One of those years. It was for 1.5 because I do not think the contract his parents signed extended to rereleases.

So the contest was literally just submit your name, and whoever's name sounds the most like a heartless, you win? I could swear I read that he designed it or it was a fan drawing contest or something. Oh well.

It was just a name contest. They chose it at random.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
It was just a name contest. They chose it at random.

It was random? What are the odds they picked such an interesting name from everyone that entered from the states? Probably half of those names ended with Smith or Jones.

They had to choose it

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was random? What are the odds they picked such an interesting name from everyone that entered from the states? Probably half of those names ended with Smith or Jones.

They had to choose it

There were probably a million other cool-sounding names entered as well. I am going to believe it was random after eliminating boring names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back