• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What does it really mean..?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanbryan

So the secret boss in Birth By Sleep is supposed to be canon, right?
...but what does "canon" really mean?
I know this isn't yahoo answers, etc.

p.s. if this is a "spoiler" this is already in the spoiler section so don't ask me to put it in a spoiler box.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Something that is canon is "genuine" or "official". I'll use the same example I used in the other thread:

Canon: Kairi is a Princess of Heart.
Not Canon: Kairi is the mistress of evil.

Aquaman OS

In this case it refers to what did and didn't happen in regard to stuff done in the game when the events are mentioned elsewhere such as another game.

Canon: Sora fought Xemnas in KH1. Even though most overseas players didn't since it was FM only, KH2 treats it as if you did.
Non Canon: Sora didn't fight Sephiroth in KH1. Even though you could have, and most players did, Sora and Sephiroth are total strangers in KH2 so offically the fight didn't happen.

So by the new boss being canon, they mean that whether you fight them or not in your game, the rest of the KH story will act as though that boss was fought.

Caxm

google is fun. So that means the boss affects the future story line in some way right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back