• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What does emo mean?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
EMOtional. Some term people use to make fun of people who slit their wrists, wear tight clothes, and listen to certain music. I don't really see Roxas as emo.

Chazzard Hazzard

Website
wwwfinalrest-online.net
Exactly what l4t1n0pr1d3 said! Like when people lable music EMO it means it's all emotional not like 1,2 step by Ciara where it's all dancey and hip hop. Emo doesn't neccearly mean you wear black all the time. (Roxas wears mostly white) I guess you can say Emo is some what like Punk with the wearing of band shirts and checkard design and tight pants and playing in a band. stuff like that

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Mika Kisaragi said:
A lil off topic...but why do some people hate emo folk? o-o

I don't listen to rock but I guess it's because people who like old rock don't like the people who listen to the newer "emo" stuff like My Chemical Romance.

kingdomwolfblade

if only I could hold your hand
Mika Kisaragi said:
A lil off topic...but why do some people hate emo folk? o-o

because alot of people pretend to be emo and slit thier wrists for attention. so it gives them all a bad reputation. thats why everyone disses emos thinking they're all emo for attention.

D

Deleted member 5341

*gasp* you didn't know what EMO MEANT!?!?!
Lol im jk, jk kiddies....^_^
To tell you the truth i didn't know either till my friend tried to BE emo last year....
It's a slang for someone who's depressed sorta despises sunshine and is pretty much.....even a little gothic sometimes? Very undertoned, no smiley, and the polar opposite of me =P

ladymage

Mika Kisaragi said:
I think it's the American term for someone who's depressed. o-o; And...someone who tends to dress darkly...and loves eyeliner. LOL. Must mean I'm emo, eyeliner is your friend. xD
I don't think it's an American term. I have never heard anyone say it. The first time I ever heard the term was here. (I thought it was an Australia term lol)

K

Kegluneq

Mika Kisaragi said:
I think it's the American term for someone who's depressed. o-o; And...someone who tends to dress darkly...and loves eyeliner. LOL. Must mean I'm emo, eyeliner is your friend. xD
Holy_Aeris said:
errm you could refer Squall from FFVIII as emo. He's very emotional, in a depressive way, and he doesnt like to show his feelings.
Exactly! :D

.:oh_your_hott:.

Ok emos are basically people who dont show feeling and have been through something rough. Yes that Squall thingy was a good example.

One HUGE misunderstanding about emos is that they all wear black and they are goth and that they just want attention. Which is a huge mistake.

I will say that Im emo and have been called it many times based on my music choices. Im not goth, I dont wear black 24/7 actually I wear pink most of the time. And the last thing I want is to attract attention to myself.

And I think thats why people hate 'emos' because thats who they think they are.

ReturnableMemory

I think emo is a stereotype word for people who are depressed and want attention, we think that it's all black, goth/emo rock, and light hating, it could be anyone depressed and attention wanting, thats what i think, of course what do I know about emos :p

I also thought it was a term used online until i heard it in class one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back