• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Do You Want to See the Most in Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart54

I am beyond excited for Kingdom Hearts III! Albeit the fact that it's taken over a decade to get this 3rd game out! I'm very curious to know what y'all are all looking for in this game, especially considering all the games in between the 2nd and 3rd game. Please let me know everything you'd like to see happen, whether it be new gameplay mechanics, improvements, characters, boss fights, proper ending/story, theories, anything!

[video=youtube_share;epMxON9o050]http://youtu.be/epMxON9o050[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What do I want to see?

1. I want to finally meet SRK's families. I've been dying to see them since KH1 and KH3 would be the perfect opportunity to introduce them into the story
2. In regards to gameplay, I want to see a whole bunch of transformations for the keyblade. Swords, guns, whip, the sky's the limit
3. I want Kairi to finally have her moment to shine and be proactive for once
4. I want to see Final Fantasy make a huge comeback. I hope we see a whole bunch of FF characters both new and old.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll come back later

DoctahFaz

Awards
Said this in a few previous threads regarding wishes for KH3:

I. If this is truly the end to a saga, there should be a definitive end that allows us to play as Sora in the universe post-ending. In every KH game up until this point, the farthest we could ever be is at the final save point before the final battle.

II. Worlds that all in some way relate to the theme of the series and plot of the game and not just tacked on for the hell of it as a deviation/distraction.

III. Going off the idea mentioned above about a New Game+, I like the idea of a mission select or "rewind/mission select" feature that would allow us to re-fight bosses within the same game file.

IV. Finally and most important, however, I hope Square Enix provides fan service and realizes that the fanbase that will predominantly be playing Kingdom Hearts III are the ones who have been with the series from the start. I imagine most people were around 10 or 11, like myself, when the original KH came out and will likely be playing KH3 as adults either in our early or even mid-to-late 20s. With that said, I would like to see them push (to the extent Disney will allow, of course) for this to be a mature conclusion to the saga. No, of course, I'm not expecting anything over the top like language, immense violence, heavy romance, or anything, but just have the writing geared towards the likely majority demographic of the game. I do recall a few years ago seeing an article of a Nomura interview where he said the game will, indeed, grow with its fans. Hopefully, that still ends up being the case.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I want a full fledged Hercules world...it's been over 10 years since the coliseum first appeared in the series and after all this time,we still don't have one,what's the deal?I don't know..

It's the only world they've done that too and i never understood why.

Is it so bad to want Hercules as an actual party member,access to Mount Olympus,Thebes,Phil's island and wanting the last 3 titans to appear?!!?!!

*RAGE*

Also a new field and battle theme...it's about time they retired the previous theme.

Leonhart54

What do I want to see?

1. I want to finally meet SRK's families. I've been dying to see them since KH1 and KH3 would be the perfect opportunity to introduce them into the story
2. In regards to gameplay, I want to see a whole bunch of transformations for the keyblade. Swords, guns, whip, the sky's the limit
3. I want Kairi to finally have her moment to shine and be proactive for once
4. I want to see Final Fantasy make a huge comeback. I hope we see a whole bunch of FF characters both new and old.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll come back later

I want a full fledged Hercules world...it's been over 10 years since the coliseum first appeared in the series and after all this time,we still don't have one,what's the deal?I don't know..

It's the only world they've done that too and i never understood why.

Is it so bad to want Hercules as an actual party member,access to Mount Olympus,Thebes,Phil's island and wanting the last 3 titans to appear?!!?!!

*RAGE*

Also a new field and battle theme...it's about time they retired the previous theme.

Fantastic comments guys! A lot of good stuff and I appreciate the comments!

Anagram

Banned
I want a new game+ and for all of the series loose ends to be tied up. I don't really want much. lol

BEASTENDER

The story is a given, but I want the best combat system out of any KH game by far.

Along with what they've already announced, I'm secretly hoping for Disney summons to return. It would..crush me a little if they don't return. It may not make it though because before Ride Summons were announced, Nomura said summoning would be different in KH3, and we soon found out what he meant with the D23 trailer.

Other than that, Dual Wielding command styles, character exclusive command styles like with BBS, More Magic then BBS or DDD, Flashy/Visually appealing, and satisfying base keyblade combo's, and a lot of the new flowmotion attacks that were mentioned (Sora vs the wave of shadows in the announcement trailer). I also can't wait to see these giant air battles without touching the ground, and Enemies so big, they can lift up building that you're in. I sure haven't forgotten what they've said and can't wait to see it.

So basically, all the good stuff from the past along with the new stuff: Limits (For just Sora and with partners), cooler AI attacks, Synch Blade (Multiple keyblades/may have been replaced with keyblades that split into two like the guns), Reaction Commands, Flowmotion Attacks, Disney Ride Summons, Regular summons (not holding my breath), Appealing open world abilities (Shadow Roll, Thunder Wheel, SuperGlide), and the other new ideas they have that have yet to be revealed. It's hard to imagine combat ever going stale with all of the best combat mechanics from past games along with the new ones. I don't typically level grind because it feels like cheating and making the game easier than it's supposed to be to me, but it could even make something like that a genuinely fun thing to do as opposed to a chore. I short, diverse combat and big story revelations are what I want most in KH3.

BlazeHeatnix

Pretty much all of these, especially the fanservice part.

For me personally, I want a definitive ending for the series. Like, make it possible to continue, but don't throw in a twist at the end where Sora has to go on another freaking quest to fight a new freaking villain. I want Sora to go home and put the keyblade away.

Leonhart54

The story is a given, but I want the best combat system out of any KH game by far.

Along with what they've already announced, I'm secretly hoping for Disney summons to return. It would..crush me a little if they don't return. It may not make it though because before Ride Summons were announced, Nomura said summoning would be different in KH3, and we soon found out what he meant with the D23 trailer.

Other than that, Dual Wielding command styles, character exclusive command styles like with BBS, More Magic then BBS or DDD, Flashy/Visually appealing, and satisfying base keyblade combo's, and a lot of the new flowmotion attacks that were mentioned (Sora vs the wave of shadows in the announcement trailer). I also can't wait to see these giant air battles without touching the ground, and Enemies so big, they can lift up building that you're in. I sure haven't forgotten what they've said and can't wait to see it.

So basically, all the good stuff from the past along with the new stuff: Limits (For just Sora and with partners), cooler AI attacks, Synch Blade (Multiple keyblades/may have been replaced with keyblades that split into two like the guns), Reaction Commands, Flowmotion Attacks, Disney Ride Summons, Regular summons (not holding my breath), Appealing open world abilities (Shadow Roll, Thunder Wheel, SuperGlide), and the other new ideas they have that have yet to be revealed. It's hard to imagine combat ever going stale with all of the best combat mechanics from past games along with the new ones. I don't typically level grind because it feels like cheating and making the game easier than it's supposed to be to me, but it could even make something like that a genuinely fun thing to do as opposed to a chore. I short, diverse combat and big story revelations are what I want most in KH3.

For me personally, I want a definitive ending for the series. Like, make it possible to continue, but don't throw in a twist at the end where Sora has to go on another freaking quest to fight a new freaking villain. I want Sora to go home and put the keyblade away.

very good ideas and wants! and ya a def ending would be good

SephirothZ

You know that is not going to happen. Why set yourself up for disappointment. I think a secret ending is almost to be expected... it is Nomura and it is Kingdom Hearts, and we know the series will continue with Sora after KH3. I hear this line of thinking a lot on KH forums: "Close everything, no questions left unanswered at the end." If you think that, you will be disappointed. Nomura has to leave something opened for life after KH3. He has to and he most likely will. Its Nomura.

There are a lot of small game play things that I would like and of course bigger worlds, but I would like to see two things (one should happen and the other probably wont happen, but it will be cool):
1. More of Kairi. More interaction between her and Sora. It does not have to be lovey-dovey, but I think Nomura has to build up the relationship a bit more before they eventually kiss toward the end or whatever Nomura has them do.
2. I agree with Swoosh's first point. I would love to see Sora's family (even add Riku and Kairi's). However, I have a feeling that we will not see them in KH3, but they could play a more important part in the next saga. Its a little cliche I guess, but I could easily see Sora's parents being important people (almost like retired keyblade wielders). I think it is very unlikely for them to play much of a role in Kh3. I think it would be great to see little nuggets about the parents; that would stretch into the next saga.

BlazeHeatnix

You know that is not going to happen. Why set yourself up for disappointment. I think a secret ending is almost to be expected... it is Nomura and it is Kingdom Hearts, and we know the series will continue with Sora after KH3. I hear this line of thinking a lot on KH forums: "Close everything, no questions left unanswered at the end." If you think that, you will be disappointed. Nomura has to leave something opened for life after KH3. He has to and he most likely will. Its Nomura.

The thread is "what do you want to see" not "what do you expect to see". Of course there's gonna be other games. But if it were me, I would end with at 3. That's what a lot of people want. Like another guy said, most of the people playing KH3 will have been with the series from the very beginning. It should at the very least FEEL like an ending for all the fans who've been with it this far so that they can move on. Toy Story 3 did just this for example.

If there's a secret ending hinting at the next game, that's fine, but don't pull another "King's letter".

SephirothZ

I dont want another King's Letter either actually, but I expect it to be vague much like the first clip we saw of Terra/Aqua/Ven. That clip got everyone pretty excited, but no one had any idea what was going on in it; Nomura could have gone in any direction with that clip.

I think you can get a sense of closure with the defeat of Xehanort and SRK back home on Destiny Island. They should close up MOST (like 98%) of the questions, but I see Nomura putting vague references or little tidbits that reference life after Xehanort. If anything, I would simply love a vague secret ending like the TAV scene I was talking about.

A random fight between two individuals wielding keyblades and the camera zooms in on one and it is Sora... End.

WILDMUSTANGX

Overall, Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite game so far; largely because of the overall size, scope and length of the game. KH2 has more worlds than any of the other games and I love how most of the worlds have at least 2 story missions, adding to the overall content and length of the game. I really hope that KH3 has just as many, if not more worlds and missions.

I love the idea of being able to play as other characters besides Sora in KH3, namely Riku, Kairi and Axel/Lea. I think there should be a part at the start of the game, where you start by playing as someone other than Sora, kind of like how you play as Roxas at the beginning of KH2. Maybe the game could start with Aqua, who has escaped from the Realm of Darkness, or is in the process of doing so and hopes to contact Sora and ask him for help.

I don't really like the whole reaction command thing, though and how that and almost everything else in KH2 is so tightly tied to the triangle button. I think this was a gross oversimplification and I don't want to see the same mistake repeated in KH3. A gameplay feature that was introduced in KH2 that I WOULD like to see return in KH3 is drive forms. Drive forms were probably the best, most awesome part of of the KH2 gameplay and I really want to see them again in KH3. Maybe some new ones? I don't really like the look of this Disney park attractions mechanic that they showed us in the gameplay trailer. It looks interesting, but also a little silly and I hope it isn't featured too prominently in KH3.

As for movies and worlds, well there's one world in particular from KH2 that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see return in KH3 and that's The Pride Lands. I, like so many, love The Lion King and I think it'd be great to see the Lion King 2 story used in KH3 and to see the Pride Lands restored green and beautiful again. I love visiting The Pride Lands in KH2 and seeing Sora as a cute little lion cub and the cool, unique play style that comes with that form.

I also think that Sora should gain the ability, later in the game, to change into his lion form at any time, anywhere, just like a drive form, or a limit. This would be really awesome and when you consider the fact that the early character concept design for Sora was that of a human/lion hybrid, it just seems fitting for him to have this power. Actually, I think I'm on to something here. What if other characters, like Riku and Kairi also had some sort of creature transformations? I could see Riku turning into some sort of gargoyle, or bat type creature. This would fit with his darker background and the fact that we've seen Riku with bat wings in DDD. I can see him sprouting wings, claws and maybe a tail and gliding, or floating around, clawing enemies in a similar manner to the way Sora fights in his anti-form in KH2. As for Kairi, she could turn into, I don't know, maybe a unicorn? That would be downright adorable and it would kind of suit her, considering that she's a P.O.S. and that unicorns are pure and good and filled with light, just like her. When she transforms, her key-blade would become her horn and she'd be able to run pretty fast, have heightened magic and have some unique charging and slashing attacks. I don't know, these are just some ideas I came up with.

I'd also really like to see a Lilo & Stitch Hawaiian setting. They already used part of the original movie in BBS, so this setting would likely take place somewhere after that; probably when Lilo and Stitch are busy rounding up Jumba's other 625 experiments. And Gantu and Dr. Hamsterviel would have to make an appearance at some point.

Other Disney movies I'd really love to see featured in KH3 and/or future KH titles include Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Robinhood, The Sword In The Stone, The Black Cauldron, The Jungle Book, Sky High, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph and Toy Story and/or other Pixar movies. I think it's very strange that we have yet to see any Pixar films featured in Kingdom Hearts. I understand that they were initially going to include Toy Story in KH2, or at least include Woody and Buzz as summons. I wonder why they later changed their minds?

I'd really like to see all 3 major hub worlds (Traverse Town, Twilight Town and Radiant Garden) featured in KH3 and for them to be bigger and better than ever, with a culmination of all the areas and shops from the previous games. I also think that if they do include Traverse Town, they should use the updated music track from DDD.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some Star Wars and/or Marvel stuff in KH3. At the very least, I think there should be a Captain America shield for Goofy, Loki's scepter for Donald and a Star Wars inspired key-blade for Sora. It would have a glowing blue, or green blade, reminiscent of a lightsaber and the end would be shaped like the Rebels symbol. Riku could have a red one, with the Imperial symbol.

Lastly, I have one more idea that I think would be cool and that is…Wait for it…Gummy Mecha! I love building and flying gummy ships in KH2 and I think they should take it to the next level in KH3 and allow us to build mecha out of gummy blocks. How exactly would this translate into the gameplay? I'm not sure. Maybe gummy ships could transform into gummy mecha and vise versa and maybe during some gummy flights, you'd land on some sort of asteroid, transform into mecha mode and battle some powerful boss enemy? I don't know.

I realize some of these ideas are a little out there and I'm sorry that this post is so long.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I want a lot of things to be like Kingdom Hearts II. I just loved that game, especially the combat and the ability to equip Sora with so many combos. Trying to start BBS after just finishing KHII it feels so slow (even though IIRC BBS was pretty good with this too).

Storywise I'd just like to see Kairi not be kidnapped for once. She has her own keyblade now, let her be an active third member of the Sora and Riku group, instead of just being the stereotypical damsel in distress trope.

WILDMUSTANGX

I want a lot of things to be like Kingdom Hearts II. I just loved that game, especially the combat and the ability to equip Sora with so many combos. Trying to start BBS after just finishing KHII it feels so slow (even though IIRC BBS was pretty good with this too).

Storywise I'd just like to see Kairi not be kidnapped for once. She has her own keyblade now, let her be an active third member of the Sora and Riku group, instead of just being the stereotypical damsel in distress trope.

Totally agree. Looking forward to seeing Kairi become a full fledged key-blade wielder and maybe also a playable character. I just hope she gets a cool new outfit that isn't pink. Maybe something in purple, since that was the color scheme of her original outfit.

KING JUNK

Words cannot describe the Mind-Blown that has happened here ������. XD

Oh yeah haha! I'd like Sora to also have his own Keyblade armor against Vader as well! �� I'm interested to see if it will look like Master Eraqus' armor since Sora found his Keyblade in that CGI scene, unless that was just for show! I hope not!

Last edited:

Jobbernort

Epic monologue battle between Doctor doom,Xehanort and Sheev palpatine. That been just epic.

Master_Aqua

Overall, Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite game so far; largely because of the overall size, scope and length of the game. KH2 has more worlds than any of the other games and I love how most of the worlds have at least 2 story missions, adding to the overall content and length of the game. I really hope that KH3 has just as many, if not more worlds and missions.

I love the idea of being able to play as other characters besides Sora in KH3, namely Riku, Kairi and Axel/Lea. I think there should be a part at the start of the game, where you start by playing as someone other than Sora, kind of like how you play as Roxas at the beginning of KH2. Maybe the game could start with Aqua, who has escaped from the Realm of Darkness, or is in the process of doing so and hopes to contact Sora and ask him for help.

I don't really like the whole reaction command thing, though and how that and almost everything else in KH2 is so tightly tied to the triangle button. I think this was a gross oversimplification and I don't want to see the same mistake repeated in KH3. A gameplay feature that was introduced in KH2 that I WOULD like to see return in KH3 is drive forms. Drive forms were probably the best, most awesome part of of the KH2 gameplay and I really want to see them again in KH3. Maybe some new ones? I don't really like the look of this Disney park attractions mechanic that they showed us in the gameplay trailer. It looks interesting, but also a little silly and I hope it isn't featured too prominently in KH3.

As for movies and worlds, well there's one world in particular from KH2 that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see return in KH3 and that's The Pride Lands. I, like so many, love The Lion King and I think it'd be great to see the Lion King 2 story used in KH3 and to see the Pride Lands restored green and beautiful again. I love visiting The Pride Lands in KH2 and seeing Sora as a cute little lion cub and the cool, unique play style that comes with that form.

I also think that Sora should gain the ability, later in the game, to change into his lion form at any time, anywhere, just like a drive form, or a limit. This would be really awesome and when you consider the fact that the early character concept design for Sora was that of a human/lion hybrid, it just seems fitting for him to have this power. Actually, I think I'm on to something here. What if other characters, like Riku and Kairi also had some sort of creature transformations? I could see Riku turning into some sort of gargoyle, or bat type creature. This would fit with his darker background and the fact that we've seen Riku with bat wings in DDD. I can see him sprouting wings, claws and maybe a tail and gliding, or floating around, clawing enemies in a similar manner to the way Sora fights in his anti-form in KH2. As for Kairi, she could turn into, I don't know, maybe a unicorn? That would be downright adorable and it would kind of suit her, considering that she's a P.O.S. and that unicorns are pure and good and filled with light, just like her. When she transforms, her key-blade would become her horn and she'd be able to run pretty fast, have heightened magic and have some unique charging and slashing attacks. I don't know, these are just some ideas I came up with.

I'd also really like to see a Lilo & Stitch Hawaiian setting. They already used part of the original movie in BBS, so this setting would likely take place somewhere after that; probably when Lilo and Stitch are busy rounding up Jumba's other 625 experiments. And Gantu and Dr. Hamsterviel would have to make an appearance at some point.

Other Disney movies I'd really love to see featured in KH3 and/or future KH titles include Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Robinhood, The Sword In The Stone, The Black Cauldron, The Jungle Book, Sky High, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph and Toy Story and/or other Pixar movies. I think it's very strange that we have yet to see any Pixar films featured in Kingdom Hearts. I understand that they were initially going to include Toy Story in KH2, or at least include Woody and Buzz as summons. I wonder why they later changed their minds?

I'd really like to see all 3 major hub worlds (Traverse Town, Twilight Town and Radiant Garden) featured in KH3 and for them to be bigger and better than ever, with a culmination of all the areas and shops from the previous games. I also think that if they do include Traverse Town, they should use the updated music track from DDD.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some Star Wars and/or Marvel stuff in KH3. At the very least, I think there should be a Captain America shield for Goofy, Loki's scepter for Donald and a Star Wars inspired key-blade for Sora. It would have a glowing blue, or green blade, reminiscent of a lightsaber and the end would be shaped like the Rebels symbol. Riku could have a red one, with the Imperial symbol.

Lastly, I have one more idea that I think would be cool and that is…Wait for it…Gummy Mecha! I love building and flying gummy ships in KH2 and I think they should take it to the next level in KH3 and allow us to build mecha out of gummy blocks. How exactly would this translate into the gameplay? I'm not sure. Maybe gummy ships could transform into gummy mecha and vise versa and maybe during some gummy flights, you'd land on some sort of asteroid, transform into mecha mode and battle some powerful boss enemy? I don't know.

I realize some of these ideas are a little out there and I'm sorry that this post is so long.

I personally really likes your post even if it was long and I can agree with you that I also want to see the Pride Lands return from KHII. I would also love to see Land of the Dragons make a return, I just felt that it fit in so well :D.

The part about another Lilo and Stitch world is awesome however this Is what I was thinking. (also I was disappointed that they removed Plekli from BBS) If we take a look back to Ventus' story mode for Deep Space, you see in the end that he is with Stitch and Stitch activates Hyper-Drive and is seen blasting off. It is then that we find out how Stitch made it in Radiant Garden since BBS explains he crash-landed there Instead of Hawaii. This is how we see him with Sora and in the Battle of 1000 Heartless. So having a Hawaiian setting with the rest of the Lilo and Stich cast kinda seems a little odd, don't you think? Though I would like it as well, just that it'd be hard explaining how Stitch went from Radiant Garden to Hawaii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back