• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you want them to change gameplay-wise?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Drop Mechanic is fine. People just needed to learn how to work with it. Don't go into boss battles if your gauge is at any value higher than 1 or is halfway through the yellow bar and depleting fast. The game telegraphs pretty well that you are about to encounter a boss battle, so save, go jump into battle against some regular nightmares, get as much as you can from the bonus time, then use your other character as a way to boost your stats before going into a boss battle. I know you should HAVE to do that, but it isn't a difficult thing to work with.

It's all about time management. I've never once had any issues with the drop gauge when I played KH3D and I can't understand why people don't know how to learn to adapt to it. I never felt like it took me out of the flow of the game either, mainly because I was always doing stuff on each side. At best I'd use a bunch of Drop-Me-Nots to play as Riku longer haha

They could extend the sessions for each character to be a bit longer, though. Or add a function in Critical that stops the meter if you want it to be stopped and you can drop on will only. I am not a fan of the drop mechanic, but I don't find it as unmanageable as others do.

As for something I want them to change, it is affection. Affection levels were useless and maxing them was also crap. Cut it out or lower affection to 3 or 4 as the max. If they wanted a system where you get better DE creating items for allowing your DEs to die, they shouldn't have had affection levels in the first place.

I need them to fix counters and recoveries, though. It was so broken and recoveries rarely triggered.

I like Launchpad's suggestion on having KH1 outfits unlocked. I'd also like if they allowed us to play KH2!Sora in TWTNW during Sora's dream sequence since that is how he sees himself during that part of the game.

Things that will never happen but I want to see changed is partners to be added. If Neku and the gang or Quorra or MDG or Phoebus and so on are aiding in those DE battles, why are they not guest party members or out on the field fighting? Even BBS had it. :|

Muke

whatever
Awards
I need them to fix counters and recoveries, though. It was so broken and recoveries rarely triggered.

I like Launchpad's suggestion on having KH1 outfits unlocked. I'd also like if they allowed us to play KH2!Sora in TWTNW during Sora's dream sequence since that is how he sees himself during that part of the game.

Things that will never happen but I want to see changed is partners to be added. If Neku and the gang or Quorra or MDG or Phoebus and so on are aiding in those DE battles, why are they not guest party members or out on the field fighting? Even BBS had it. :|
THIS so much.
Playing KH2!Sora would be so awesome. Especially because I really like him more than DDD!Sora. :/

That confused me as well. It just seems really dumb if they are ready to fight in the cutscene, but in-game they are just... gone.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ehhh, the whole clothes-changing thing was a bit of a plot point for Sora because of X shenanigans, but... meh, I guess there's a way around it. The way Sora kept jumping between his KHII and DDD appearances was jarring, though. It'd be nice if we could get some consistency.

I agree wholeheartedly with including other characters in the fights, though. It's always so weird when they just disappear with absolutely no explanation, despite the fact they were standing right next to you a second ago.

redcrown

Awards
That confused me as well. It just seems really dumb if they are ready to fight in the cutscene, but in-game they are just... gone.

BBS had the same problem, which felt more severe since they really needed some characters around to make the worlds feel fuller. DDD could get away with this a bit more because it's supposed to be similar to dreams, where you're usually alone. Plus you have the dream eaters with you.

Although if you had other characters as party members you couldn't take them around with you while you're jumping off walls and high platforms using flowmotion (imagine them struggling to catch up to you and jumping uselessly lol).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Although if you had other characters as party members you couldn't take them around with you while you're jumping off walls and high platforms using flowmotion (imagine them struggling to catch up to you and jumping uselessly lol).
I don't really want the local characters in my party. I just want them to be fighting alongside me when we all get ringed in an area by a force field and a swarm of Nightmares attack. Or at least give me a feasible explanation as to why they just up and disappeared from the fight. (Like, I dunno, charge the big boss and get smacked away? It happened at least once with Neku.)

ThatWho_Sleeps

I don't really want the local characters in my party. I just want them to be fighting alongside me when we all get ringed in an area by a force field and a swarm of Nightmares attack. Or at least give me a feasible explanation as to why they just up and disappeared from the fight.

This. So. Much.

Storywise I'd love it if future installations intergrated the Kingdom Hearts characters as much as they should. They've always seemed to have a problem doing so in the games, and there's almost no point going into the worlds if there's no depth into it. It's really "Guys look a world!" Followed by "there's a problem, let's fix it!" and "we're done, let's go!" 3D did have a good start to fixing this issue though, I really enjoyed the little scenes after completing the worlds, where Sora and Riku realize how little/much influence they have on the dreams, and why these actions had to happen.

Game wise, I'd like it if we could end flowmotion at certain points, or at least decrease the end lag of flowmotion finishers. They're honestly the worst feeling especially if you accidently miss a target. It'd also be nice if there'd be a little more variety with the reality shifts, I'm not complaining with the different types, but I felt like several worlds (Musketeers and The Grid) could've added a few more command elements just to avoid doing and seeing the same effects over and over again. (Also maybe allow us to skip reality shift cutscenes in general? As much as I love cutting buildings down, it does kinda waste time to see the repetitive keyblade swinging over and over again).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ehhh, the whole clothes-changing thing was a bit of a plot point for Sora because of X shenanigans, but... meh, I guess there's a way around it.

That is why they'd be unlockable. Canon goes out the window when costumes are involved lol

The way Sora kept jumping between his KHII and DDD appearances was jarring, though. It'd be nice if we could get some consistency.

The first time it happened I was beyond upset. It'd be the perfect small detail to make KH3D feel a bit more cohesive.

I agree wholeheartedly with including other characters in the fights, though. It's always so weird when they just disappear with absolutely no explanation, despite the fact they were standing right next to you a second ago.

Yeah, Either make it so they have a reason to not be in the battle or actually have them.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It would have been neat, but it also would have required them to basically do like double the work? They'd have to redo all the animations for all of Sora's commands so that they worked right with the KH2 model, they'd have to make sure the camera and the world worked with a taller model. etc. Like it would be a lot of work for something that would only last for one world.

It's the same reason why Riku is in his RoS form in the endgame when he goes into Sora's heart as well. Like it would make more sense at that point for him to be his KH2 self as well, but it would require just a lot of work for little usage.

Muke

whatever
Awards
^

But if they make it unlockable it wouldn't only last for one world. But I get what you mean.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be a lot of work, yes. Not to mention that the scale of TWTNW would also seem off because the world is supposed to look huge nest to Sora but if he were any taller in the gameplay segments, the emphasis on how small Sora is meant to look would be gone.

Royce & Mueller

Hrm.

1-Zooming out the camera is a must. Way too damn close in BBS.
2-The UI is fugly. Now, them redoing it for the HD release is obvious, but they should go back to the original styles (thicker HP gauge, semi-transparent command menu).
3-Option to disable the Drop gauge after you finish the game.
4-Refight any bosses with either Sora or Riku.
5-Option to remove Dream Eaters from your party, so you can solo.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hrm.

2-The UI is fugly. Now, them redoing it for the HD release is obvious, but they should go back to the original styles (thicker HP gauge, semi-transparent command menu).

This is nice! I actually agree with everything on you list!
Huh, point 5 would be pretty cool, tbh

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hrm.

I agree with this. Especially the drop gauge and losing the dream eaters. I would have those options from the start of the game. I hated the drop gauge and I hated the dream eaters.

redcrown

Awards

Sorry but what the hell is a UI? (doesn't know game tech acronyms)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Actually it would just be the menus/command menu. HP & other meters/bars would "HUD" or Heads-Up Display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back