• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think of the Kingdom Hearts fandom?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Hello! Welcome!

The fandom is still alive and kicking. More should return once more KH3 news is announced.

I've always enjoyed the theories, fan art, and conversations regarding the storyline.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
We can be just as crazy as any other fandom. But I've been a member on these forums for almost 12 years (and a lurker for even longer). So, I guess these folks must be pretty all right.

I remember the fandom calling Roxas "BHK" (Blonde Haired Kid) before we had an official name. Sorry, that's random. But I guess what I'm saying is - it's been a real wild ride. All the theories, polls, discussions... real good times.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I think the fandom is pretty dang cool. I always get impressed with how people are able to come up with theories for explanations on certain parts of the lore.

One of my only gripe is about people who are very vocal (I suppose) about things yet don't know what they speak.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Can't complain. We've never had any major controversies that I can think of. Except the whole "kh3 is never coming out dur-hur XD" but that's not even the hardcore fans.

We're all a bunch of friendly folks!

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm always told "the -------- fandom is insufferable and ruined thd show/movie/game" yet I can count the number of times I've dealt with someone that fits that description on one hand.
The shipping talk isn't really my cup of tea in KH's case, but I don't mind it. I've always had a soft spot for Sora x Namine, but I never see any love for that ship, so I generally stay out of "WILL ---- FINALLY KISS ------- in KH3?!" silliness.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Hey there~ and well, the KH fandom is actually one of the nicest ones I've been in. And I've been in too many, unfortunately (in most cases).
The best part in my eyes is definitely the theory/speculation aspect of the fandom, when it's concerned with story explanation, symbolic links, foreshadowing and other narrative-driven talks.
The worst part is... there isn't really a worst part, just "meh" parts, depending on each fan's interests. Some people see the "meh" part in ship talk, some people see the "meh" part in all the KH OCs around the web, some others see the "meh" part in Just A Pancake.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's got parts that are insufferable (what fandom doesn't) but it's on a much smaller scale compared to larger and more prominent ones.

Pokie

The KH fandom is really nice and pretty chill. It seems to have a bad reputation due to how things were about a decade ago, but things have matured as we have aged and grown up with the series.

I remember the fandom calling Roxas "BHK" (Blonde Haired Kid) before we had an official name.

* Gets wild flashbacks *

Z

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd be lying if I said I don't have bad memories regarding the KH fandom.
And I'd be lying too if I said I think most of the issues aren't here anymore. Many topics are still very divisive and ground for many people to argue and try to force their own opinion to others.

You like the Team Osaka games? You don't understand what makes a game good, stop playing.
You don't like the Osaka games? OMG stop giving them crap for doing their job, all you're doing is spreading negativity.
You use the Fenrir trick to win against Terra's LW? You're ruining my favourite game with your entire existance.
You're a speedrunner? You're a snobby elitist who's not a real fan and only search money and fame.
You like SoKai? You're wrong and here's why.
You like SoRiku? You're wrong and here's why.
You like this ship? You're wrong and here's why.

Is it the worst fandom ever? Far from it (I still think the music fandom gotta be one of the worst) and you'll always find the group of people you're comfortable with. Then again, it's not that hard to make friends with people who shares your tastes.
Honestly I don't really care for the fandom at large for multiple reasons: I've pinpointed the single individuals I like interacting with, and I'm fine like that. I'm still having fun in here, but only in certain threads and on certain topics.

I gotta admit my cynism comes from my personality and past experiences, so if you feel otherwise that's fine.
The KH fandom is alright, but has flaws and pits of blackness like any other.

Lambert

It seems to have a bad reputation due to how things were about a decade ago, but things have matured as we have aged and grown up with the series.

I don't recall there being a bad reputation associated to this fandom a decade ago. To what exactly are you referring?

My experience with the fandom has been varied. I think the "fandom" as a collective body of fans on the internet first originated with the release of the Deep Dive video. That spawned a slew of philosophical and theoretical debates that I believe represent the core underpinnings of the fandom as a whole. I've mostly dealt with inquisitive thinkers that are well-mannered and well-articulated. There are also, of course, theorists that don't convey their arguments in a cohesive manner. They are quiet difficult to deal with and I thus haven't had too many dealings with them. From what I understand, there's also a subsect of people that focus on some risqué interpretations of the relationships between the characters. While they're in their right to theorize and speculate to their heart's desire, I think it's best to avoid direct confrontation with them.

Generally, however, I would say the KH fandom is one of the strongest ones I've seen--at least where gaming is concerned. I haven't personally had any souring encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back