• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► What do you think of Sora being in Smash Bros.? And what does mean for future Kingdom Hearts appearances?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
Now that Sora is now in Smash Bros., what do make of this event? To naysayers, do now have to eat crow as did not believe that Sora would appear in Smash? To optimists, do you think that the sky is the limit now Sora has appeared in a huge game like Smash? And what does mean for Kingdom Hearts making cameos in other games?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think its pretty great. When they do another Smash Bros game a couple of years from now I would love it if they somehow had another KH character like Riku or Aqua. And have Scala ad Caelum as a stage

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sorcerer's Arena maybe? Kinda surprised it don't have KH characters already.

horto12485

Awards
Sighs Well it's too late for a Sequel to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (Since Solid Snake, Cloud, Hero, Joker, Sephiroth, Ritcher and Simon, Kazuya and Sora have been chosen for Smash Bros.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sighs Well it's too late for a Sequel to Playstation All Stars Battle Royale (Since Solid Snake, Cloud, Hero, Joker, Sephiroth, Ritcher and Simon, Kazuya and Sora have been chosen for Smash Bros.)
There's not really an inherent reason they can't be in both. Although they certainly wouldn't have the same impact. A hypothetical PSAS2 has such a catch-22 to it: if it doesn't have Snake, Cloud, Joker, & Sora its missing key parts of Playstation history. If it does have them, it comes across as more of the same because Smash did it first.

Lucky for Sony that Crash was never in SSB. They can at least get him & Lara Croft as their big gets.

Captain Wombat

Awards
I mean yeah it's nice Sora can possible make crossovers in other games but the fact he has appeared in smash bros. put a big smile on my face! Not only due to it being the finish to a brilliant game but opening up a future where many a thing is possible with the series after all lot of people said he wouldn't be in it but somehow a way was found! Why it gave me the inspiration to review most of the Kingdom Hearts series! As cheesy as Kingdom Hearts can be I'm sure it'll still keep weaving a brilliant story so may your heart be your guiding key!^^

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know we had that other topic about this same thing, and in that thread I said I hope it opens the floodgates.

that said!

I don’t actually think it will change much. I think Smash was the one-time opportunity that would be hard to replicate except in situations that are under Disney’s purview.

Guernsey

Awards
I know we had that other topic about this same thing, and in that thread I said I hope it opens the floodgates.

that said!

I don’t actually think it will change much. I think Smash was the one-time opportunity that would be hard to replicate except in situations that are under Disney’s purview.
That might be the best answer on this thread. Sora is a once in lifetime thing that can only happen with the circumstances that we were given.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I doubt Sora will appear in anything else.

Sora being in SMASH seems like it was part of a pre-meditated PR stunt to help advertise KH on SWiTCH. Although, it is nice knowing that DISNEY is open to ideas (even if they are in total control). It makes me hopeful for the future of the KH series.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Friendly reminder that Sora get to be in Smash because Sakurai bumped into a Disney rep in elevator at one awards events . Who knows if another devs get to bump to Disney execs and ask "can we put Sora in our game?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I will say the only other thing I can imagine is Fortnite because of the already existing relationship between Disney, SE, and Epic Games.

Guernsey

Awards
You are probably right. It is only a matter of time before that happens.

Back