• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think happened to the 4 Darknesses that were trapped inside the data world by the Player?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

EighteenEighty

Awards
In the UX finale, the Player trapped the 4 Darknesses from the data world to save Ephemer and Skuld. After that, he sacrifices himself to lock the data world so that the 4 Darknesses won't escape but of course, this also means the Player can't escape and trapped himself inside the data world alongside the 4 Darknesses. The Player later died and reincarnated into another keyblade wielder in the second lifetime. Now the question here is what do you think happened to the 4 Darknesses that were trapped by the Player?

Many years have passed since the Daybreak Town was rebuilt into Scala ad Caelum and we don't know what happened to them. Do you think they are still alive and somehow survive being trapped for many years? According to what Luxu said to the Darkness that escape from Data Daybreak Town that he interacted with:

"The longer you exist without a tangible form, the more your will fades."

What Luxu is trying to say here is that Darkness has a weakness. If the 4 Darknesses haven't found any physical form to possess for many years, one day they will die and lose the point of their existence as a hivemind. But what if there is a twist that they are still alive for many years, take Terra's Lingering Will for example. Terra can still live for 10 Years even if his mind is still trapped inside his armor. The concept of Lingering Will and 13 Willful Darknesses is that they can only appear as a hivemind since their bodies and hearts were stolen or rejected. Terra's body and heart were stolen by Master Xehanort but his mind is locked inside his armor while the 13 Darknesses possessed physical forms back then and rejected their physical forms to defeat light, existing as a Darkness without form.

I have two ways to explain what happened to them when they were trapped inside the data world.

A. They died

-Just because they exist as a hivemind doesn't mean they can exist forever right? I know they are just a hivemind without body or heart, but I don't think their existence can last any longer for many years whether for decades, centuries, or even millenniums. If we compare it Terra's Lingering Will who can still live 10 years and is trapped inside his armor as a hivemind, how can we compare it to the 4 Darknesses who are trapped inside the data world and stuck for many years before Ephemer turned the ruins of Daybreak Town into Scala ad Caelum?

B. Still Alive

-If they are still alive and someone gained access into the Data Daybreak Town. They might escape but I have the feeling that their sanity is gone and I can already imagine that they are no longer the same person. Wait why did I even call them a person when they are just a hivemind XD? Like a computer for now Data Daybreak Town is in sleep mode but what would happen if someone turn on or woke up the Data Daybreak Town? Will it free the 4 Darknesses or it could also free the Dandelions who are asleep?

But now the most important question here is, what would really happen if someone gained access to the Data Daybreak Town? People like Mickey could gain access to the Data Daybreak Town to know more about the history of the ancient keyblade timeline. Since Mickey possesses a supercomputer that contains a data version of other worlds from Re: Coded but of course, this would also pique interest for Maleficent as well. Think about it, in UX Maleficent already knows the existence of data worlds ever since coming back from talking with one of the True 13 Darknesses, so who knows she might reunite with an "old friend" that helped her get back in the current timeline.

Maybe one of the Darknesses will ask for help from Maleficent and that is to rescue the 4 Darknesses that were trapped inside the data world. Think about it the Darkness just save her life so why not do the same thing by helping the Darkness back? However, if the 4 Darknesses are no longer deserve to be saved since they are gone or dead, Maleficent might use time travel into the past along with the Darkness inside her and hitch a ride similar to how Darkness escapes the Data Daybreak Town so that they can arrive at the same location where the 6 Darknesses that were trapped inside the data world from the past, the timeline of UX. Maleficent will make an alliance with these 4 now 5 Darknesses and reunite with the other 8 Darknesses, add that and you have 13. Maleficent will time travel back into the future/current timeline along with the 5 Darknesses inside her so that the Darkness that escape Data Daybreak Town and the 4 Darknesses that were trapped will be free. The procedure of course is similar to how YX recruited Ansem and Xemnas back as hearts and later gave them replicas as vessels. Now that the 5 Darknesses are free, all they have to do is find vessels to possess and reunite with the other 8 to complete the ranking of the True 13 Darknesses.

So what do you guys think? What do you think happened to the 4 Darknesses that were trapped inside the data world?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Posessed 4 bad guys from the WiR bad guy meeting room who all vaguely fit into a 4 horsemen themed gimmick.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I posted a theory in another thread that the 4 missing Darknesses transformed into what we know as the Corridors of Darkness…

This is even more speculative, but I had another thought about the other 4 true darknesses, trapped in the data world. Last we see them, they’re trapped in that tube/corridor leading from Data Daybreak Town to Game Central Station. But it’s interesting that Odin refers to this as the “realm between.” We know that Data Daybreak Town falls and goes to sleep; we know from DDD (from Ansem SoD) that darkness “holds” sleep; and we also know from DDD that the “Sleeping Worlds” are in some way connected to the Realm Between, or that the latter is accessible via the former, as Sora/Riku end up in the World That Never Was, which Yen Sid explicitly states is in the realm between. What if—what if—the Corridor of Darkness originated from the corridor those 4 darknesses were trapped in? They would’ve been stewing in there for a long time. It’s not confirmed anywhere that Corridors of Darkness exist in the Realm Between, though this is certainly plausible; they literally exist between worlds, and also aren’t anywhere confirmed to be fully in the Realm of Darkness either. And everytime Xehanort walks through them in DR, there are these little effects that almost look like they’re in the image of true darknesses. It would certainly explain its overwhelming power, which seems even more immediately dangerous/perilous than the Dark World itself. Heck, Hermod and Urd literally died after a few moments in there. Aqua hung out in the Dark World for a decade. She went kinda crazy, yes, but the realm itself wasn’t this intense, concentrated force like the Corridors appear to be.

…but that being said I’m not sure Nomura would want to just write them off like that. The 13 ancient Darknesses are seemingly being set up as a major future threat—unless it’s a red herring—so I imagine we can expect to see them all at some point in some form. I even kind of suspect we might eventually see them in their “original” forms, i.e., before they gave up their physical forms, but who knows. It’s not totally clear yet whether they’re being positioned as antagonists or as a plot device.

okhi12

Awards
The new Alba and Ater game Eraqus mentions in the KH3 epilogue only has 7 dark pieces. That doesn't necessarily mean the other 6 darknesses won't return but I don't think they will be as relevant as the 7 stronger ones.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe their essence was combined into one and locked in the black box?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They decided to sit down and play Smash.
Again, by possessing GCS inhabitants. I mean we got Bowser, Sonic, Ryu, & Presumably Ken there. They just need to wait for Sora to show up.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It was explained that the Darknesses needed to hole up in a physical form (the hearts of people) to maintain their consciousness.
Without vessels, they'll slowly lose their sense of self and basically disappear.
So, assuming nobody cracked open the portal cable before that happened, those four Darknesses can be considered out of commission.

EighteenEighty

Awards
It was explained that the Darknesses needed to hole up in a physical form (the hearts of people) to maintain their consciousness.
Without vessels, they'll slowly lose their sense of self and basically disappear.
So, assuming nobody cracked open the portal cable before that happened, those four Darknesses can be considered out of commission.
Right. Because Luxu just mentioned that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The new Alba and Ater game Eraqus mentions in the KH3 epilogue only has 7 dark pieces. That doesn't necessarily mean the other 6 darknesses won't return but I don't think they will be as relevant as the 7 stronger ones.
It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up shelved from the main story and only casually mentioned. Maybe even used for DLC/Final Mix as Data World battles.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not too familiar with the full events of KHUX (I watched the ending and some of the cutscenes leading up to it).

My theory would be that in order to survive - since they would fade away without transferring themselves into a heart - they combined themselves to survive as long as possible. Someone found them and placed them in the black box - which is why Maleficent thought the box was in the Datascape or connected to it. I know it's reaching, but I'm trying to connect something to the black box, rather than some random new thing Nomura may pull out of thin air for the black box.

EighteenEighty

Awards
I'm not too familiar with the full events of KHUX (I watched the ending and some of the cutscenes leading up to it).

My theory would be that in order to survive - since they would fade away without transferring themselves into a heart - they combined themselves to survive as long as possible. Someone found them and placed them in the black box - which is why Maleficent thought the box was in the Datascape or connected to it. I know it's reaching, but I'm trying to connect something to the black box, rather than some random new thing Nomura may pull out of thin air for the black box.
I have to admit the Black Box might have something to do with the 13 Darknesses, since MoM and Luxu had an extended conversation in the X Back Cover. After the MoM told Luxu of what's inside the Black Box there's another cutscene and that cutscene talks about how the darkness will destroy Daybreak Town and MoM's grand plan on defeating the True 13 Darknesses.

Back