• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think Aqua will do in this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think Aqua is going to deal with Maleficent and thus why the secret episode decided to end not on just any location from a world swallowed by the heartless, but specifically on a castle as place where you'd likely find Maleficent to reside. I mean I can't imagine a KH game that has no Disney villains and rather conveniently the series established way back in CoM that Maleficent had just been drawn into the realm of darkness post her dragon fight.

I can't really see them having Maleficent reside in Cinderella's castle when her own would probably be there, but it's not a bad idea. It would certainly make Aqua's time down there more enjoyable.

But, let's expand on this - not just Maleficent but fallen Disney villains from worlds we know were taken by the Heartless.

Evil Queen, Cruella, Frollo

G A S T O N

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can't really see them having Maleficent reside in Cinderella's castle when her own would probably be there, but it's not a bad idea. It would certainly make Aqua's time down there more enjoyable.

But, let's expand on this - not just Maleficent but fallen Disney villains from worlds we know were taken by the Heartless.

G A S T O N

To be honest, I like the ideas presented, but I, personally, am not expecting Aqua to encounter anyone, or, anything, in there besides Heartless and Ansem at the end (assuming the 2.8 even ends with her meeting AtW). But I can imagine, to an extent, that she might meet with Riku, Mickey or both at some point.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think she'll meet Riku. That would be too much. I don't think Nomura could get away with Riku not mentioning that.

I don't know what this Mickey shoe-horned story is going to be but it'd better be a good one. 0.2 being a rehash of the secret episode is exactly what I didn't want.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think she'll meet Riku. That would be too much. I don't think Nomura could get away with Riku not mentioning that.

I don't know what this Mickey shoe-horned story is going to be but it'd better be a good one. 0.2 being a rehash of the secret episode is exactly what I didn't want.

I don't think it'll be a rehash of the Secret Episode, but rather a product of what BbS Vol.2 was supposed to be. I don't think the game will be longer than three hours. I'm willing to be it'll be as long as Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1. Hopefully, it features some sort of replay value that might incentive us to unlock a secret ending of sorts (doubting it).

But meh, the game will also serve as a preview to KH in Unreal 4.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think it'll be a rehash of the Secret Episode, but rather a product of what BbS Vol.2 was supposed to be. I don't think the game will be longer than three hours. I'm willing to be it'll be as long as Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1. Hopefully, it features some sort of replay value that might incentive us to unlock a secret ending of sorts (doubting it).

But meh, the game will also serve as a preview to KH in Unreal 4.

I don't even feel comfortable calling it a game. Nomura's said it'll be as long as a world, so I think it may be three hours if you exhaust yourself trying to see every little thing.

Hirokey123

Awards

G A S T O N

You can't see why they might have Maleficent fairy with power over sleep might reside in a dark version of Castle of Dreams? :p Also let's be honest Maleficent clearly doesn't like her own castle because she even tried to take Disney Castle and used that rundown thing in Radiant Garden rather than return to her own castle.

Anyway since they said the length of one world I would only expect one villain and Maleficent is the realm of darkness because of keyblade of heart shenanigans. Not because her world was swallowed by the heartless so those villains wouldn't be in the realm of darkness they'd either have been blasted to some other world, turned into a heartless, or taken with their world into sleep.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't even feel comfortable calling it a game. Nomura's said it'll be as long as a world, so I think it may be three hours if you exhaust yourself trying to see every little thing.

Then let's call it a demo of sorts. It'll serve as a sort of demonstration of how KH3 will work and play on the PS4. :3

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You can't see why they might have Maleficent fairy with power over sleep might reside in a dark version of Castle of Dreams? :p Also let's be honest Maleficent clearly doesn't like her own castle because she even tried to take Disney Castle and used that rundown thing in Radiant Garden rather than return to her own castle. [/quotes]
I know you're joking, but the Castle of Dreams is about figurative dreams not the literal sleep Maleficent has control over. Besides, Maleficent ruling in Cinderella's castle is an odd mixing of narratives that doesn't have a real flow. A castle's a castle I guess.

Anyway since they said the length of one world I would only expect one villain and Maleficent is the realm of darkness because of keyblade of heart shenanigans. Not because her world was swallowed by the heartless so those villains wouldn't be in the realm of darkness they'd either have been blasted to some other world, turned into a heartless, or taken with their world into sleep.

Sure, but in reality I don't actually think Maleficent would have a physical form in the Realm of Darkness, nothing really states she's there-there outside of Vexen's snide remark, and that may have meant her heart.

AurisFlown

Awards
Maybe she'll end up meeting a Forteller who ended up in the realm of darkness before or during the Keyblade war since time runs differently in there.

Kaijuguy19

"Manifest as her worst fear," huh? What do you think Aqua's worst fear is, exactly? Honestly, not enough of her character was developed enough for me to pinpoint much besides maybe "losing her friends forever," which is a fear that's shared by pretty much every protagonist of this series.

I think what she also fears is that deep down,she wants to have more power to get things done and he saw what happened to people like Terra who attempted to do that even if it's for a noble or at least understandable reason and it doesn't help that she's been made a Keyblade master and feeling angry and resentful that she didn't try hard enough to not only save her friends but to live up to her title which makesthe temptation to get that by even using the power of Darkness stronger because of it, so that's also something to consider. However one could also look it at possibly being the very reason that the idea of her darkness making itself physical end up happening. It's like what Yoda said in the Phantom Menace.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering." Evil and darkness works in a lot of different ways to break someone with a noble and good heart down especially if they made it something that no one would expect.

That said if they don't end up doing that,they could always find another way to find a boss for her to fight that does have a connection to the realm. Like for example the Phantom Blot/Shadow Blot from Epic Mickey. Now that's a villain that can work perfectly in the Realm of Darkness especially of what he can do in Epic Mickey.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Maybe she'll end up meeting a Forteller who ended up in the realm of darkness before or during the Keyblade war since time runs differently in there.

I think if anyone meets a foreteller it's likely to be Aqua, both because of her situation and because she's the most heavily invested in the whole "tradition" thing.

Vasquez

Awards
It's almost certain she will meet the lost foretellers..probably have them as boss battles too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think what she also fears is that deep down,she wants to have more power to get things done and he saw what happened to people like Terra who attempted to do that even if it's for a noble or at least understandable reason and it doesn't help that she's been made a Keyblade master and feeling angry and resentful that she didn't try hard enough to not only save her friends but to live up to her title which makesthe temptation to get that by even using the power of Darkness stronger because of it, so that's also something to consider. However one could also look it at possibly being the very reason that the idea of her darkness making itself physical end up happening. It's like what Yoda said in the Phantom Menace.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering." Evil and darkness works in a lot of different ways to break someone with a noble and good heart down especially if they made it something that no one would expect.

That said if they don't end up doing that,they could always find another way to find a boss for her to fight that does have a connection to the realm. Like for example the Phantom Blot/Shadow Blot from Epic Mickey. Now that's a villain that can work perfectly in the Realm of Darkness especially of what he can do in Epic Mickey.

So could Anti-Aqua make a fitting final boss for 0.2? It's a Keyblade Master versus her own skill and darkness. It would be interesting to see how an Anti-Aqua could work. Maybe replace her spell moves with dark ones like Riku's moveset in CoM? And change her style to something more primitive and brutal.

Kaijuguy19

So could Anti-Aqua make a fitting final boss for 0.2? It's a Keyblade Master versus her own skill and darkness. It would be interesting to see how an Anti-Aqua could work. Maybe replace her spell moves with dark ones like Riku's moveset in CoM? And change her style to something more primitive and brutal.

Yeah something like that. The design for the Anti-Aqua could be similar to how Venitus and Darkness Riku look but with a sort of a vampire vibe thrown in. The battle could also be about the Anti Aqua berating and talking down to Aqua about how she was too weak to do anything right and how it cost her friends. What could make it interesting is that before the battle her dark side could be sending dark thoughts to Aqua making her want to give into the temptation but then when Aqua has ignored it for so long,the darkness finally went to drastic measures to fight her one on one.

Vulpeus1041

I think if anyone meets a foreteller it's likely to be Aqua, both because of her situation and because she's the most heavily invested in the whole "tradition" thing.

aqua and five of the foretellers are in different realms, they cant meet unless its the sixth one

Relix

A traveler
Awards
If anything this game already has justify Mickey knowing of Aqua's whereabouts so at the very least we'll have to run into the King I imagine. Will she be saved by the end of the episode? Yes and no. My theory is that maybe we don't see Aqua joining them on purpose. I know a lot of people believe her torment to be being stuck in the Realm of Darkness but maybe it is possible her torment is not being able to save her friends quickly enough. Like perhaps the grand plan is postponing her coming to Ven and Terra's aid right away hence why Mickey has already met up with her (or at least knows where she is) and yet she is no where to be seen. I always felt that Aqua's personal failure was not being able to save her friends. I suppose what I'm getting at is Aqua being in the Realm of Darkness isn't what she needs saving from, even if she was managed to be sprung out, if Ven is still the way he is and Terra is still the way he is, she'll remain in her torment.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
If anything this game already has justify Mickey knowing of Aqua's whereabouts so at the very least we'll have to run into the King I imagine. Will she be saved by the end of the episode? Yes and no. My theory is that maybe we don't see Aqua joining them on purpose. I know a lot of people believe her torment to be being stuck in the Realm of Darkness but maybe it is possible her torment is not being able to save her friends quickly enough. Like perhaps the grand plan is postponing her coming to Ven and Terra's aid right away hence why Mickey has already met up with her (or at least knows where she is) and yet she is no where to be seen. I always felt that Aqua's personal failure was not being able to save her friends. I suppose what I'm getting at is Aqua being in the Realm of Darkness isn't what she needs saving from, even if she was managed to be sprung out, if Ven is still the way he is and Terra is still the way he is, she'll remain in her torment.

Well, yes. But to end that suffering she has to leave the realm of darkness to assist in their rescuing. Especially with Ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, yes. But to end that suffering she has to leave the realm of darkness to assist in their rescuing. Especially with Ven.

This. Rescuing Ven has also become literally impossible for Aqua to do by herself as Sora is definitely needed to do it.
Not to mention that she technically damned Ven to a 10+ year-coma because she got stuck in the RoD. She even apologizes to Ven while falling that she won't make it back as fast as she wished to.
Every minute she stays in the RoD is another minute wasted in which she could work to save Ven and Terra instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back