• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think about Namine / Riku shipping?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The only person I could believe Sora's referring to is Roxas, because of the TT scene where Sora says he misses her. Only other options I could think of is Repliku (which would be a plot hole, because Sora doesn't know about him) or Kairi (which, wouldn't Namine know that already from being inside her?).
Some people are speculating that it's Xion, because Sora can feel Xion inside of him as well as Roxas, and the two of them have a similar connection to Namine. It's never clarified in the game because that would require actually allowing characters to interact and have moments together.

Or, Sora is polyamorous and dating Kairi, Riku and Ariel. :D
OK, but why is it that when it comes to Sora and girls, I consistently find his chemistry with the Disney women way more compelling than anything he's ever said or done with Kairi? Sora and Alice, Sora and Ariel, even Sora and Rapunzel, it feels effortless and then they sit him on a tree with Kairi during a sunset and you can practically see the soul of the series getting sucked out into a void where it just stays suspended until the scene is over.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The only person I could believe Sora's referring to is Roxas, because of the TT scene where Sora says he misses her. Only other options I could think of is Repliku (which would be a plot hole, because Sora doesn't know about him) or Kairi (which, wouldn't Namine know that already from being inside her?).
Well it's not Roxas because Sora lists Roxas before he talks about this other person. Some people theorize Xion but I don't really see that since they had like... all of one conversation and I don't remember Nami being all that close to her during it. Though them interacting in the ending could be a callback to this perhaps.

kaseykockroach

Awards
OK, but why is it that when it comes to Sora and girls, I consistently find his chemistry with the Disney women way more compelling than anything he's ever said or done with Kairi? Sora and Alice, Sora and Ariel, even Sora and Rapunzel, it feels effortless and then they sit him on a tree with Kairi during a sunset and you can practically see the soul of the series getting sucked out into a void where it just stays suspended until the scene is over.

He's only dating Kairi because no one else will.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Roxas x Namine stopped being a thing after Xion was introduced.

Riku x Namine feels more like another jab to FF15 from Nomura because they look like Noctis x Luna. I'm curious to see how further he will go with this.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Some people are speculating that it's Xion, because Sora can feel Xion inside of him as well as Roxas, and the two of them have a similar connection to Namine. It's never clarified in the game because that would require actually allowing characters to interact and have moments together.
I always found it funny that SDG was an even more believable friendship than I think the writer(s) intended it to be...but with the finale of KH3, perhaps they came to realize that.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Riku: It's not that the bonds between our hearts have been disencumbered, Sora, but...I think we should see other people.

LostArtist

Awards

Hahaha omg, is it just me or were rapunzel and sora really flirty together?
edit: sorry off topic, just had to say it. keep on going

Any

Awards
Works out pretty well. If Namine ever did anything to piss Riku off, she can just make him forget about it. She can even make him think he did things wrong that he didn't!

Women, am I right?

[video=youtube;bcYppAs6ZdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI[/video]

LOL. This is actually scary yet funny at the same time.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I lost what I was typing so you'll have to settle with Spongebob gifs for now.

Writing character first:
giphy.gif

Writing gender, relationships, sexual orientation and race first:
tumblr_nqx0foL2XR1tajjsfo1_400.gif

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I lost what I was typing so you'll have to settle with Spongebob gifs for now.

Writing character first:
giphy.gif

Writing gender, relationships, sexual orientation and race first:
tumblr_nqx0foL2XR1tajjsfo1_400.gif
this is honestly pretty much it. when not thinking about romance, they write believable friendships between sora and other female characters but it's like when the romance switch gets flipped they start thinking about it not as a friendship with romantic elements but a Romance~~~ or something, like they aren't characters but Roles.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Well it's not Roxas because Sora lists Roxas before he talks about this other person. Some people theorize Xion but I don't really see that since they had like... all of one conversation and I don't remember Nami being all that close to her during it. Though them interacting in the ending could be a callback to this perhaps.

Well, to be honest, Sora also listed The King as one of the people that missed her when I can't recall them ever meeting (lmao). Donald and Goofy don't remember Castle Oblivion. So it being Xion wouldn't be so out of place in this case with the other WTFs he listed. The "someone special" is more of a localization add on when the original is more like "someone also wants to meet/see you the most". I doubt Sora doesn't know Riku is aware of Naminè and vice versa, he could've definitely used his name.

It's odd that Sora feels Roxas and Ventus but there's no inkling of Xion ever despite that her heart is inside him. It'll also add more context to the Xion and Naminè scene. While I don't care for Xion, that was admittedly cute, and if there's anything we need in this series, it's female friendships. I'm all up for this theory for this reason. Naminè was the first potential girl friend she's met and while the guys are good and all, I wouldn't blame her to want some boobs to relate to. Notice how Xion in the last cutscenes interacted more with her and Olette than Roxas or Axel.

Also, as mentioned, it's hard for me to process that Riku would fit that line when there was no sign of him thinking or missing her like the other two (Roxas and Kairi), and he was focused on other priorities. Naminè didn't get to his mind until his replica emphasized that this vessel was for her. It's either something's off or it's bad writing.

That whole line with Sora was weird really (the Disney trio? Really?). I'm hoping Nomura would provide some clarity on it. Not holding my breath, but hopefully.

[rubs temples] This game...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean...look...between Riku’s awed face, the Dearly Beloved motif playing while they used their combined blade of light to chase off the darkness, and look...”Sometimes you care so much for somebody that other feelings disappear. And then, there is no more room for fear or doubts.” gets this really great payoff in one of the most iconic moments in the game...I’m not sure what Nomura is doing here. I just don’t.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean...look...between Riku’s awed face, the Dearly Beloved motif playing while they used their combined blade of light to chase off the darkness, and look...”Sometimes you care so much for somebody that other feelings disappear. And then, there is no more room for fear or doubts.” gets this really great payoff in one of the most iconic moments in the game...I’m not sure what Nomura is doing here. I just don’t.

Ugh, that line, yeah. I mean it was super obvious who they meant. I really don't get it either, how he always manages to do this lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ugh, that line, yeah. I mean it was super obvious who they meant. I really don't get it either, how he always manages to do this lol.

How he manages to develop the relationship between Sora and Riku into a slow-burn that is more enjoyable than Sora and Kairi’s poorly handled...whatever? A lack of self-awareness, perhaps.

I want to believe Nomura and the dev team actually do know what they are doing and this is all intentional, but I really don’t think so?

LostArtist

Awards
How he manages to develop the relationship between Sora and Riku into a slow-burn that is more enjoyable than Sora and Kairi’s poorly handled...whatever? A lack of self-awareness, perhaps.

I want to believe Nomura and the dev team actually do know what they are doing and this is all intentional, but I really don’t think so?

It's like a different kind of Poe's law I guess (more focused on ambiguous intent and not parody in this case)

Back