• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think about My Chemical Romance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stripes

Time Is A Mysterious Thing
Personally speaking I think that mcr new cd black parade is the best, but I wanna know what other people think about them

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
I like them, I really do. Unfortunately, many others who enjoy them are just... I just hate MCR fangirls. So damn annoying with their, "OMG GERARD TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF!"

Good advertisement for Hot Topic though.

Siryu

Website
www.myspace.com
...Wow..>_> Nobody really gets the whole meaning of MCR and just labeling MCR is just as cliche' as it gets for most. My Chemical Romance were very emo in their first two albums, but in their 3rd one, "The Black Parade," they sing about hope for those that are lost and wish to end it. All of their songs talk about everyday things such as teenagers with guns or anyone for that matter. @_@ "Teenagers scare the living sh*t out of me!"-MCR

Personally I like it better then the "I'm a big pimp, have sex on the dance floor..." or whatever like that. I love pop, but not many songs.

=3 and Gerard's blond hair is getting to look better on him everyday because he said the album made him clean up his act. ^^

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
yup, there just another generic band

If you're going to lable something as generic, at least try to rise above the illiterate teenager stereotype, kthx.

I'm not a fan of MCR, I admit. I'm simply a fan of The Black Parade. I adore the album, the Patient concept, the shift of tone from one track to the next, everything.

However, I grabbed Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge last night, and...well, it does sounds fairly generic, to be honest. Helena has a nice sound to it, so does Give em' Hell, Kid, but everything else is just...blah. I honestly like the direction they're going in, though, it helps shatter a few of the typical molds for musical success (Gerard even bleached his hair to help sympathize with those going through chemo). As long as they keep up this burst of creativity, I'l probably be able to call myself a fan by the time the next album rolls around.

~Dorian Gray

Magma Dragoon

They are a good band, but I hate the fans that like them mainly for their looks, not their music. The songs I like the most are Dead!, The End., Helena, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), and Welcome to the Black Parade, as well as the secret track Blood. They are a bit emo, but I think it's funny that people think Helena is a "emo" song, when it is actually a song in memory of Gerard's and Mikey's grandmother.

Starlitangel13

My Chemical Romance kick arse, their lyics rocks. Personally, my opinion is that they're not emo.

So many people treat you like you're a kid so you might as well act like one and throw your television out of the window.
- Gerard Way

I

The Show Must Go On
i really used to like the band, but their last album was crap...

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
They've never impressed me.

Granted, I haven't listened to every song on every CD they've ever put out, but I've heard enough to know that I don't really like them. Don't know what it is. They've just always sounded so whiney to me.

I downloaded The Black Parade in hopes that I might actually like it, as I had heard it was different from their other stuff, but meh. I didn't find it much better. Plus I hate how half their fans only listen to their singles and constantly spout on about how they're so hot. Listen people. If you like a band because they're "hot', you like them for the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back