• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you predict the worlds of Kingdom Hearts IV will be(realistically, not what you want them to be)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JJ1020

Awards
My guess is that there will be about 11 worlds in total and these are the worlds I predict will appear based on financials, popularity, and legality.
Shibuya
Arendelle
Toy Box
Zootopia(it's too massive a level for a side game)
The Great Barrier Reef(Finding Nemo)
Motunui(Moana)
Marvel World?-Square does have a working relationship with Marvel(the biggest movie franchise in the world) so...
Metroville(Incredibles)
A Galaxy Far, Far Away(Star Wars)-Nomura is a big fan, it's the biggest property historically in movies, and the themes do fit Kingdom Hearts fairly well. Legality with EA aside, it's really just a matter of time before this happens.
Daybreak Town
Final World
Other strong Possibilities: Land of the Dead(Coco), Inside Out, Soul, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Jungle Book(finally), Jungle Cruise if it is a hit, Avatar(blue cats), Simpsons(maybe), a Final Fantasy 15 world.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
People are gonna give you grief over the Star Wars & Fox properties but the mainline KH games have pushed the boundaries of what is considered an acceptable Disney world (Nightmare Before Christmas, Steamboat Willie, Tron, PotC, Pixar worlds) that I'd expect KH4 to cross some sort of new frontier.

AR829038

Awards
Even though I'd LOVE to see Marvel/Fox/Star Wars properties involved, my guess is that the series isn't quite ready for that yet. It's taken forever just to branch out into Pixar territory, and I expect it'll be a while yet before those properties ever find their way into the franchise, mainly for the murky legalities of it if nothing else.
As for which worlds I'd expect, it all depends on what the next quest is going to be focused on. If the KH4 revolves around finding the rest of the new Princesses of Heart, for instance, then I'd imagine we'd get worlds germane to that, like maybe Moana, Brave, etc. I would hope that Toy Box makes a reappearance, and there's certainly ample reason for it to do so. Not only is there the conspicuous connection that world has to Yozora and Verum Rex, but it also seems to be one of the worlds Nomura has wanted to do the most, so I'd imagine he'd find a way to bring it back. Plus, that might actually give us a second opportunity to get that fight with Zerg that we always wanted!
We also have to consider that KH4 will likely feature a host of worlds based on movies that haven't even come out yet depending on how far in the future KH4 will actually be, so there's a chance that a good portion of the world pool will be simply unpredictable. I wouldn't mind them going back and reusing some older properties—I like the new Disney movies and all, but I'm starting to grow out of them (they've fallen off the mark in terms of films these last few years imo), and I think there's plenty of older IP's that they have yet to explore. I do still think Treasure Planet is an option given how vocal the fanbase is for it, and the fact that it nearly made it into DDD. I also think, now that they've proven they have the technical capabilities for it, they could do more live action movies. I personally think those are the coolest worlds in the series, as they feel that much more surreal.
As for original worlds, I'd actually really like to see Traverse Town again. Also Twilight Town, and PLEASE NOMURA LET US PLAY ON DESTINY ISLANDS AGAIN FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Newer films like Moana, Zootopia, or Coco are a shoe in. They might be able to squeeze in Raya and the Last Dragon as well. And Arendelle is definitely returning for better or for worse. Aside from the new stuff I'd like to see older films such as Atlantis and Treasure Planet even if their chances arent that strong compared to the recent films.

As for original worlds I actually think the chances of Radiant Garden coming back a pretty high. It could become the hub world once again

Soldier

Awards
I'm not sure inside out is necessarily an appropriate world for KH, considering the context of Sora (who is now 18 at this point) going inside a prepubescent's head. Just throwing it out there.

omelet_schnetz

Awards
I'm not sure inside out is necessarily an appropriate world for KH, considering the context of Sora (who is now 18 at this point) going inside a prepubescent's head. Just throwing it out there.

Sora is actually 16 at this point since we know he's 14 in KH1, a year passed between KH1 and KH2, and a year passes between KH3 and Limit Cut. We know KH2 takes place the same year as KH3 since the Gummiphone says that Riku Replica looks how Riku did 1 year ago.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Pixar isn't going to let them repeat the story of the film so idk what they'd even do in an Inside Out setting? And regardless of his age, Sora going into a child's mind and wreaking havoc in such a personal, private space is not a great idea imo. He can do that to whoever the fuck he's connected to, but this would be too much. It's so invasive.

omelet_schnetz

Awards
Pixar isn't going to let them repeat the story of the film so idk what they'd even do in an Inside Out setting? And regardless of his age, Sora going into a child's mind and wreaking havoc in such a personal, private space is not a great idea imo. He can do that to whoever the fuck he's connected to, but this would be too much. It's so invasive.

With that in mind, it would be interesting if they sort of adapted it to fit the main story like what they did with Space Paranoids in KH2. Maybe it isn't the mind of a random child, but someone else that he actually knows. Maybe he goes inside to unlock hidden memories? It's a silly concept so they'd have to be careful with how they approached it if they did it this way. It'd be a little strange if they went inside Ventus's head and met Bing Bong or something. Maybe Bing Bong is Ven's spirit from khux lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they did do Inside Out in Sora's head I wonder if they would give the emotions his signature spikey hair? Probably not but it'd be pretty creative.
Inside Out would have been ideal world in KH3. It could have tied into the Power of waking and the sleeping hearts inside of Sora

Soldier

Awards
If they did do Inside Out in Sora's head I wonder if they would give the emotions his signature spikey hair? Probably not but it'd be pretty creative.

Inside Out would have been ideal world in KH3. It could have tied into the Power of waking and the sleeping hearts inside of Sora
But the context of a 16 year old in a girls head is just... No.....
I GUESS if it had to happen, it'd be better to just have them in some sort of abstract mental world like the sleeping realm or something like that. The only time Sora went inside a living being was Monstro, and that's less creepy when you think about it. This is a series with talking ducks, space whales and worlds in black and white. It shouldn't be that hard to make a collective unconscious where the inside out characters can go without putting kh in someone's head.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I also have to disagree with the Inside Out thing, but for different reasons. The fact that emotions can be explained and contributed to little people inside your head than the heart (which is the central plot device of the series) doesn’t seem to sit well with me in terms of consistency.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really want an Inside Out world. I didn't think it would be Riley's head, I was hoping it would be someone like Namine or Xion or flip that and have one of them go into Sora's head. The enemies would be Unversed or Dream Eaters. Honestly, I think an Inside Out world would probably be better suited for a side game like KH3D2.

My realistic choices for KH4 would be:

1. Radiant Garden
  2. Twilight Town
  3. Shibuya
  4. Land of the Dead (Coco) - form change
  5. Zootopia - form change - Judy Hopps is a Princess of Heart
  6. Nomanisan (The Incredibles)
  7. Arendelle (Frozen II)
  8. New Mushroomton (Onward) - form change
  9. Game Central Station (Wreck-It Ralph)
  10. Agrabah (Aladdin)
  11. NeverLand (Peter Pan) - Kairi is a party member here along with Peter Pan
  12. The Big Easy (The Princess & The Frog) - Tiana is a Princess of Heart
  13. Atlantica (The Little Mermaid) - form change - Ariel is a Princess of Heart (which will add to Ariel's dreams of seeing new worlds)
  14. 100 Acre Woods

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I forgot to write down my predictions.

1. Radiant Garden - there has to be resolution with the Final Fantasy subplot going on there. Rinoa, Tifa, not to mention Kairi’s living relatives, if she still has any.

2. Twilight Town - cutscenes at best, non-visitable, only because they’re still trying to probe Roxas’ and Xion’s brains for leads on Sora.

3. Keyblade Graveyard - The intricate architecture of the labyrinth still needs to be explained, also, foretellers plot.

4. Shibuya - obvious.

5. Worlds of certain Disney Princesses - except Pocahontas because it’s controversial and Disney does not want a rehash of the Live Action Mulan boycott. We still need to account for the unknown new princesses.

6. 100 Acre Wood - look, as much as everyone pretends to be grown up and doesn’t want it, we all know it’s a beloved world and nearly everyone loves Pooh. It’s a staple and a nice break from hack and slash. III just did the world dirty. The only plausible reason SE might not do it is they want the game to sell in China (which is a big market) and don’t want to offend their president.

7. Scala ad Caelum/Daybreak Town - where it all began.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I think we're still a bit off from the point where Marvel, Lucas Film or Fox properties will be included. Even just getting the go ahead for Pixar was quite the process. Also, if we're going to start including TV Shows I'd rather start with Gravity Falls or Owl House over The Simpsons. Even, if The Simpsons has more recognizability and marketability.

As for what Disney movies I think will be adapted.
  • Frozen II
  • Zootopia
  • Moana
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • The Incredibles
  • Brave
I'm mainly going for newer movies, seeing that that's what KH3 seemed to aim for. I feel that older cult favorite movies like Treasure Planet, Atlantis: the Lost Empire and the Black Cauldron will most likely be slowly used for non-numbered games, while the bigger flashier new movies are used for the numbered ones.

Brave and The Princess and the Frog were mainly included because we still need to find the missing 3 New Hearts.

As for original worlds
  • Destiny Island (Sadly I doubt we'd get this one playable, especially, if we get Moana)
  • Twilight Town (Might just be a cutscene world, unless we're to learn about the mansion's history)
  • Radiant Garden
  • Yen Sid's Tower (Probably cutscene only again, though I0d like it playable for optional character interactions)
  • Final World
  • Shibuya
  • Scala ad Caelum (The way it was used in Re:Mind makes me feel there's more to this world, yet to be revealed)
Considering how big and detailed worlds have gotten I feel like the number of playable worlds might be lower

Regarding Inside out, I'm not sure how that one would be explored, other than the characters appearing in dreams. Having any of our cast enter Riley's mind sounds a bit too invasive even if we were to have Kairi, Xion or Namine to do it. ALternatively they could just adapt the idea, but then we wouldn't have the characters and they are the main draw.

horto12485

Awards
My Guesses for the Worlds of Kingdom Hearts IV....

Disney Worlds

Jungle World (Either Zootopia or the Return to the Pride Lands with the Simba's Pride Storyline)
Moana
Pirate World (Either Returning to either The Caribbean (For a New Saga of Pirates of the Caribbean) or Neverland or prehaps Treasure Planet unless they put Treasure Planet in a Game before KH IV)
Agrabah (One Final time for the King of Thieves Storyline)
Arendelle/Enchanted Forest
Kumandra (Raya and the Last Dragon)
City of Supers (Taking place after the Incredibles 2 possibly to take down the Underminer)
Town of Wishes (The Princess and the Frog)
Toy Box (Maybe taking place in the Real World)
Marvel World (Unless they put the Marvel Characters in Disney/Original worlds)
Star Wars World (Only one)

Original Worlds

Twilight Town
Shibuya
Radiant Garden
Scala ad Caleum
Final World

That's all i can think of for right now

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I really want an Inside Out world. I didn't think it would be Riley's head, I was hoping it would be someone like Namine or Xion or flip that and have one of them go into Sora's head. The enemies would be Unversed or Dream Eaters. Honestly, I think an Inside Out world would probably be better suited for a side game like KH3D2.
Ideally, it would've been Ven's head in KH3 with the lingering will of Vanitas capturing Anger, Sadness, Disgust & Fear (all negative emotions), leaving Joy as the party member. Destroying the last remaining bit of Vanitas' existence being what finally woke Ven up. Too late now.

Awards
With a presumably steadier development than 3, and both better technology and a stronger understanding of it available to the devs, I'd anticipate an increase from 3's six full worlds -- probably eight Disney this time (plus a minigame world), with another two or three original worlds either only being partially playable like in 3, or just one massive original world being fully playable.

I'll break my expectations into percentages of likelihood:

100%:
Shibuya
Daybreak Town
Olympus
Arendelle
Either Hundred Acre Wood, or Game Central Station as a mini-game hub

75%:
The Final World
Scala Ad Caelum
Corona
Toy Box
Moana world
Coco world
Raya and the Land of Dragons world

50%:
Radiant Garden
Agrabah
Wonderland
Monstropolis
Halloween Town
Neverland
Enchanted Dominion
Some seemingly unlikely or obscure classic Disney property

25%:
Twilight Town
The Grid
Land of Dragons
Disney Castle/Town/World
Marvel world or Star Wars world
The Princess and the Frog world
Zootopia world
Inside Out world

----------

I'd put money on the final product consisting of: Shibuya (partially playable), Daybreak Town (fully playable), 100 Acre World or Game Central Station, Toy Box, Olympus, Arendelle, Agrabah, either Moana or Raya world, Obscure Disney property, Enchanted Dominion, and the Grid.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Question, does Shibuya (シブヤ) count as an original world, since it technically debuted in TWEWY first? Then again, TWEWY!Shibuya doesn’t have Scala script in its billboards.

I don’t think we’ll see the worlds of the first princesses anymore. What would be the point?

Come to think of it, are there even any Disney films in the foreseeable future with princesses in them? All I got was…RatLD, Marvel, and…Pixar…hmm…

Back