• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you guys think the next Kingdom Hearts game will be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SoulXaldin

Awards
If anything, the next entry I would like is a remake and more streamlined version of Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X/Union X with a more coherent story compared to that of the mobile game, a new implementation of the Command Deck and an overall cleaner representation. I’m not too sure how I feel about how they would go about adding the online components, tho.
I’d say do away with them.

kaseykockroach

Awards
It'll probably be about darkness. And hearts. And proclaimed friendship.

D

Deleted member 246005

A spinoff as I dont see 4 itself happening anytime soon.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandWebster

A spinoff as I dont see 4 itself happening anytime soon.

I don't see how they'll a New Saga on a "Spin-off", also even for the Switch it'll still be a console game anyway.

plus after the JP release, Nomura said in a Famitsu: "I want to priotize Kingdom Hearts 4 from DLC"
That is from a the Japanese Playstation news site.

eiczerofour

KH3 spoilers ahead.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
plus after the JP release, Nomura said in a Famitsu: "I want to priotize Kingdom Hearts 4 from DLC"
That is from a the Japanese Playstation news site.

Except that Nomura did not say that at all:
Nomura in Famitsu said:
Well, I'd rather prioritize the next game than work on DLC for a long period.

He says only "the next game"and not any specific title.
Up to now we do not even know if there even will be a KH4 at all.

Noivern

Awards
I'm 100% positive the next game will be a spin off on the switch. KH already has a home on nintendo with CoM, 358/2 days, Re:Coded and 3D and the switch sells like water in the desert, so it's pretty obvious we are getting SOMETHING over there.

I also expect them to announce the 1.5 and 2.5 for the system with the announcement of this game as well, just not sure for 2.8 since I'm not sure if the switch could handle the BBS Fragmentary Passage, but I'm sure they can work something out.

My personal wish is a remake of Days with a better engine and better missions, and this time with online multiplayer and added characters. It would sell like crazy and being able to play with most if not the entire cast with your friends would be perfect.

What I actually think we'll be getting however is a KH3 spin off. Not gonna develop this idea further, just look into the spoilers section of the KH3 forums and you'll see plenty of ideas of what they could do with this.

SomeKHFan

Awards
A remake of Days would be fun.

Or Square Enix could follow the way of many other companies and create a Kingdom Hearts Battle Royale game set during the Keyblade War........what have I suggested!

Seriously though, I feel the next game will be a Switch exclusive or a multi-platform. SE does seem to be getting more into the later now.

GenoBois

For the spinoff, maybe it will act as a "saga-bridge" of sorts to tie loose ends of the Seekers of Darkness Arc and to begin the Foreteller Arc, possibly focusing on the aftermath of KH3, in particular how the guardians of light deal with sora's death, while the foretellers/Maleficent/whatever new villain (hopefully a more light-based one, preferably one to literally suck the light out of everyone like some bizarre vampire for power or some shit) does whatever in the background. Maybe Kairi as the Protag or something. Possibly on the switch.
hopefully with the KH remakes and 3.

Neo_

Awards
Some episodic DLC thing in the vein of the Yozora ending.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
A Kingdom Hearts Union Cross remake for consoles. Even ignoring the fact that the X saga is the future of Kingdom Hearts, it's smart for Square Enix to re-create the classic Disney worlds in the franchise under the Kingdom Shader than remaking Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
For the spinoff, maybe it will act as a "saga-bridge" of sorts to tie loose ends of the Seekers of Darkness Arc and to begin the Foreteller Arc, possibly focusing on the aftermath of KH3, in particular how the guardians of light deal with sora's death, while the foretellers/Maleficent/whatever new villain (hopefully a more light-based one, preferably one to literally suck the light out of everyone like some bizarre vampire for power or some shit) does whatever in the background. Maybe Kairi as the Protag or something. Possibly on the switch.
hopefully with the KH remakes and 3.

A video game centered on Young Xehanort and witnessing his decay into the twisted old man he is would be a perfect bridge from the Xehanort Saga, to the Foretellers Saga, seeing as how Xehanort had a lot of knowledge concerning the KHUx era. Nomura could utilize Xehanort to streamline the KHUx lore for fans and be ready for KH4.

Or it can be Young Eraqus, seeing as how he's a Blueblood and should have more access to that knowledge than Xehanort.

Back