• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you guys think is in the black box?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

averagelesbian

Awards
I personally think a body is in the box. The box has been shown to be heavy, so a kid or someone can be inside of there. When Ventus' heart was damaged after Xehanort split him in half, his body was still able to breathe and such without food or water, so the possibility of a sleeping body in the box isnt too far off. Who's body it could be? I havent gotten the slightest clue.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm convinced that even Nomura doesn't know what's in the box yet. He just set it up and he'll come up with its contents later just in case he wants to retcon a few things along the way.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Either it's an "eXtra Super" i.e. a spare body for the Master of Masters, or a spring-loaded pie.

Kaiributwpersona

I think, maybe, the master of masters crammed himself in there, which is why it says X - Super, like superbia, the missing deadly sin, and drank a potion, to make him slip into a coma only luxu (Braig, Xigbar or whatever) can wake him up from. You never know!?:confused:

GR-1

A hidden apprentice who represents Superbia since MoM is more associated with God than any of the 7 sins.

Kuroboshi

I think it could be the Datascape where all the dandelions are.
I'm sure it is linked to the dandelions either way. That would explain why it is described as Hope.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As of this day (March 9th 2019), there is nothing in the box because Nomura has no idea what is in there. He has no clue about what the do, and the longer it takes for KHUX to be relevant and the contents of the box to become clear, it's obvious that he hasn't made up his mind yet.

I'd love to theorise about the possibilities but when the person dedicated to writing the scenario for this series draws things out across multiple years, it's hard to believe in a definite answer especially when it comes across that they actually have no fucking idea themselves.

The box contains hope, according to Luxord, and to me, hope means that it's not something incredibly stupid. I'm always wrong though so it's got something stupid inside of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As of this day (March 9th 2019), there is nothing in the box because Nomura has no idea what is in there. He has no clue about what the do, and the longer it takes for KHUX to be relevant and the contents of the box to become clear, it's obvious that he hasn't made up his mind yet.

I'd love to theorise about the possibilities but when the person dedicated to writing the scenario for this series draws things out across multiple years, it's hard to believe in a definite answer especially when it comes across that they actually have no fucking idea themselves.

The box contains hope, according to Luxord, and to me, hope means that it's not something incredibly stupid. I'm always wrong though so it's got something stupid inside of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, he must have some idea, seeing as how he himself said that fans could have already figured out what's inside the Box.

But I feel like we shouldn't trust in-game statements, seeing as how Maleficent thinks that the Book of Prophecies is inside the Box, while Xemnas thinks that "hope" is inside the Box. Maybe the Book represents hope?

I seriously don't know what to think, but if we go by how KH3's narrative foreshadowed a lot of the in-game events, it's possible that it's a heart.

...or maybe the Master turned the Book into a Heart?

lol...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, he must have some idea, seeing as how he himself said that fans could have already figured out what's inside the Box.

But I feel like we shouldn't trust in-game statements, seeing as how Maleficent thinks that the Book of Prophecies is inside the Box, while Xemnas thinks that "hope" is inside the Box. Maybe the Book represents hope?

I seriously don't know what to think, but if we go by how KH3's narrative foreshadowed a lot of the in-game events, it's possible that it's a heart.

...or maybe the Master turned the Book into a Heart?

lol...
I honestly can not trust any idea Nomura puts forth until he has decided to commit to an idea. He flip flops for the longest time until he settles on something (that will soon be retconned) so deliberating what's inside feels pointless to me.

Maleficent thinks there's a book inside but Xemnas and Luxord thinks it's "hope" doesn't give me any indication that Nomura has actually fucking decided what's in there.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I honestly can not trust any idea Nomura puts forth until he has decided to commit to an idea. He flip flops for the longest time until he settles on something (that will soon be retconned) so deliberating what's inside feels pointless to me.

Maleficent thinks there's a book inside but Xemnas and Luxord thinks it's "hope" doesn't give me any indication that Nomura has actually fucking decided what's in there.

This could also translate into the appearances for both the MoM and Luxu. It's possible he had no idea how to design them, seeing a show Luxu ended up being Xigbar, and per his Secret Report, he'll stay in that body/appearance.

I feel like Nomura is a kid that gets all giddy with an idea, uses it, thinks of a better one, and then introduces that new idea, even though it makes no sense continuity-wise.

Nomura seriously needs an Editor.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Maybe Hope is in the box. XD

source.gif

Hirokey123

Awards
Until I see a theory I like better I'm sticking with my existing theory which I'll cliff note here...

MoM had one apprentice beyond the Foretellers and luxu, an apprentice he split into two like Xehanort did to Ven, creating two secret apprentices. The body and dark half of the heart were set in Dandelion's world to execute the MoM's next plan there, calling themselves "Darkness". The other was just a heart of light which he stored inside of that box in order to keep it safe, alive, and untainted. The long term plan is to reunite Darkness and Light into a singular being and they are actually the seventh chess piece on the board.

Why he is doing this? No idea but given the box is marked X-super which sounds like the name of a weapon my guess is that the purpose of splitting this apprentice and rejoining them into 1 was to create a weapon just like Xehanort tried to do with Ventus and Vanitas. It didn't really work out for him but the MoM it probably will. The box will be opened, Darkness and Light will rejoin, and a special super key like the X-blade will be born for whatever plans the MoM has in store.

Elliekey13

Awards
Well, maleficent seems to think it's the book of prophecy's, right? At least thats what Nomura said in the recent ultemania interview. But it's still left to been seen why she thinks that. And unless I'm mistaken, wasn't one of Luxu's jobs to pass on the book of prophecy, along with No name? Maybe he put the book in the box and never got along to passing it on...? :/

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
But it's still left to been seen why she thinks that. And unless I'm mistaken, wasn't one of Luxu's jobs to pass on the book of prophecy, along with No name?

Not quite. Luxu was specifically *not* given a copy of the book of prophecies so that he wouldn't create a paradox.

Back