• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you find embarrassing about yourself?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
  • I don't know how to play poker or other real card games, and no one will teach me because they're assholes.
  • I often stop paying attention in the middle of playing a musical instrument, and then hit a wrong note and quickly go back to the right one xD
  • I suck at team sports like football or basketball, and I'm further discouraged from playing them with others because all the people I have usually played with are douchebags about how good they are. (I was never absorbed into the hardcore football culture of America anyway, so it's like I'm an alien for not being particularly excited by American football).
  • Things bounce out of my hands. All THE TIME. Unless it's a towel or other kind of fabric, everything almost always bounces out of my hands when I try to catch it. Balls, cameras, phones, pens, wallets, food, bottles, cans, candy, dolls, toys, whatever it is, it almost always lands in my hand and then bounces out. It makes me look like an idiot.
  • When I'm really thirsty, I usually drink faster than I can swallow and spill on myself.
  • I was very sheltered (physically) as a kid, parents not letting me do dangerous things as a kid/teen (dumb parents!! lol) so when people have crazy stories about how they broke a bone in 6 places or almost got eaten by a bear, I usually have nothing to contribute.
  • I don't like swimming in large bodies of water and it's hard to explain to people sometimes. I just don't like the idea of being in the water with other living things that can hurt me or get in my way. But sometimes I really enjoy being in the ocean, but it depends. Lakes are COMPLETELY out of the question. Since it's hard to get people to understand, I usually have to make up some dumb shit like how a childhood friend of mine died in a lake/ocean in order to get them to stop bugging me about going in the water
  • I'm a total wuss when it comes to bugs/mosquitoes. When in the forest or something, I'll constantly be moving my feet and arms and slapping myself to ward off bugs. I'll sheepishly step away if a flying insect of any sort gets near me.
  • Having said that, flying insects almost always go for my face, which is why I risk looking like a fool to get away from them. Dragonflies, wasps, flies, mosquitoes, horseflies, roaches, they always GO FOR MY fcukING FACE. I was at a church retreat once and I was running, when all of a sudden, a wasp flies into my throat and stings me in the throat. Thank goodness I wasn't allergic, but I had trouble swallowing/breathing for days.
  • The fact that I like anime.
  • The fact that I still haven't driven on the freeway before because I'm terrified of crashing.
  • It's absolutely unnerving to run with wet, barefeet in the grass for me. I can't stand it. If I'm at a party in someone's yard, and there's water, and I'm barefoot, I stay the fcuk away. The tickley feeling of grass blades stuck to my toes feels like I'm getting eaten by some ungodly demon swarm of bugs.

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Most of what you stated Dogen are the same for me. Also, I have a tendency to ramble sometimes.

Also, I dislike my voice for some reason. I used to be so self-concious about it that I would avoid talking.

Esso

Fire Breaker
-I don't know how to play poker or other real card games, and no one will teach me because they're assholes.
-I often stop paying attention in the middle of playing a musical instrument, and then hit a wrong note and quickly go back to the right one xD
-I suck at team sports like football or basketball, and I'm further discouraged from playing them with others because all the people I have usually played with are douchebags about how good they are. (I was never absorbed into the hardcore football culture of America anyway, so it's like I'm an alien for not being particularly excited by American football).
-Things bounce out of my hands. All THE TIME. Unless it's a towel or other kind of fabric, everything almost always bounces out of my hands when I try to catch it. Balls, cameras, phones, pens, wallets, food, bottles, cans, candy, dolls, toys, whatever it is, it almost always lands in my hand and then bounces out. It makes me look like an idiot.
-When I'm really thirsty, I usually drink faster than I can swallow and spill on myself.
-I was very sheltered (physically) as a kid, parents not letting me do dangerous things as a kid/teen (dumb parents!! lol) so when people have crazy stories about how they broke a bone in 6 places or almost got eaten by a bear, I usually have nothing to contribute.
-I don't like swimming in large bodies of water and it's hard to explain to people sometimes. I just don't like the idea of being in the water with other living things that can hurt me or get in my way. But sometimes I really enjoy being in the ocean, but it depends. Lakes are COMPLETELY out of the question. Since it's hard to get people to understand, I usually have to make up some dumb shit like how a childhood friend of mine died in a lake/ocean in order to get them to stop bugging me about going in the water.
Lol those too
I find it embarrassing that I can easily forget most of the things I learn in Science class(Ex: Balancing Chemical Equations)

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Oh yeah, I find it embarrassing that even though I have A's in math and I want to study engineering, I completely despise math and I have trouble with it.

My brain hates math so much that even though I got one of the highest grades in my college math class last semester, it's only been one month since I finished the class, and I can't remember how to do anything we learned. It's like my brain completely wiped the material out of sheer disgust.

Esso

Fire Breaker
I can easily miss a joke and take it as an insult, then things lead up to a pointless arguement. I hate it when I do that. I'm overly apologetic too which I see embarrassing when I think about it timt through time.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Yeah, I'm somewhat similar (though not really) in the sense that sometimes I can be naturally conflictive.

I just like arguing (depends on the person, though), lol, and some of my friends absolutely hate arguing (they like take it personally and stuff, while I don't, or maybe I do, and that's why I argue? :O), so it can get awkward sometimes. It could be something dumb like, "What's the cheapest place to eat?" and someone suggests something and I suggest something that's the same, but better, and cheaper, sooner or later we're arguing, and then they're like "OKAY OKAY STOP IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A BIG DEAL CAN WE STOP ARGUING". Like really? We were just talking, lol, no need to get your panties in a twist.

Like I said, sometimes there are things I will easily argue about, and I don't take it personally, but some of my friends think that I'm just trying to be antagonistic to them or their opinions, and take it the wrong way. That's embarrassing.

On the other hand, with some of my friends I don't argue about anything and just do whatever they like, lol.

O

Oberon

If my hands get dirty for even the briefest, I can't sit still until I wash them off.

Also, I hate getting my hands dirty. If I'm ever doing something I try (sometimes at my life's expense) to keep my hands from dirt, dust, debris and other things that can get in the pours/cracks of my hands.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Having said that, flying insects almost always go for my face, which is why I risk looking like a fool to get away from them. Dragonflies, wasps, flies, mosquitoes, horseflies, roaches, they always GO FOR MY fcukING FACE. I was at a church retreat once and I was running, when all of a sudden, a wasp flies into my throat and stings me in the throat. Thank goodness I wasn't allergic, but I had trouble swallowing/breathing for days.

A bee stung me on the tongue once. I don't want any bugs anywhere near my mouth again.

O

Oberon

@Sombre, I was like that before I even got bugs in my mouth from being in the boy scouts. lol

O

Oberon

This thread is ironically therapeutic.

Sometimes my friends try to make me feel embarrassed for being a health freak
"LOL YOU ORDERED AN ICE TEA?!"

But I don't care.
I do that to my friends constantly.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Whenever I pick up something with my right hand I always make sure my pinkey's sticking out. Which I've been doing since I was like 7 I think.

Too much Spongebob for you, lol.

Also, I'm kind of a momma's boy. It's the parent that I lean towards, and as much as we fight (holy shit do we fight), I lubba my momma and leaving her's gonna be the best and worst thing about moving next month.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
When my voice breaks off in the middle of a sentence. It`s so embarrassing.

Aria

braver by the minute
- I love instrumental music. So when my friends share headphones with me 90% of the time it will be a song they don't know or like.

- I still have braces, and won't get them off for at least another 8 months, even though my teeth were never that bad to begin with (just two crooked teeth on the top)

- I never really hear what people say. I have really good hearing, but sometimes when people talk it just sounds like they're talking in a foreign language and I can't understand a word that they say. Then I have to make them repeat it a bunch of times :p

- I'm terrified of insects. I just can't stand them.

- There's this one bike path by my house, and I refuse to go on it. It's small and tight and there's a rock every two feet, and last time I went there I had a panic attack. My friends always want to go but I have to say no.

- I tend to ramble. A lot.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Sometimes when people say something and they are really close i'll ask them to repeat it like twice.

I can sometimes say something stupid when i'm trying to get my point across D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back