• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you consider to be "officially dating"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumja

Yippee Ki Yay, mofo
Website
www.myspace.com
My name is Brian, and I am a 16 year old junior in high school.
I am currently dating an 18 year old feshman girl in college, and I am seeking some dating advise.

By the way if you just don't wanna read all this then just answer the question given in the subject title. But it's a good read and will help you understand my point of view on things. I promise I will applaud whoever had read the entire thing.

Okay, so here's my story.
-
-
I've been dating this girl for about a week now.
Our first kiss was last sunday, and we've kissed every time we've seen each other ever since, but we haven't really made out yet or gone past first base.
I've known her and liked her ever since she was still in high school as a senior, and she kinda liked me a little too. But when she was in high school, she was also dating a senior.
Then that senior moved away for college and she stayed home, and then we hung out even more and eventually went out.
Now the ex boyfriend is coming back for thanksgiving, and wants to hang out with my girlfriend, since both of them are still good friends, and doesn't know that she and I are dating.
This complicates things since the ex boyfriend has known me since his senior year in high school and would most likely hate me and the fact that I was dating his ex girlfriend, and he would probably hate her too while he was at it.
She's had no desire to hook up with the ex again, and she's felt that she's had to tell him that we're "dating" ever since we started.
But then just yesterday, she said that she didn't need to worry about it since there really wasn't anything "official" to tell him.

Wait a sec, anything official?
You mean us kissing doesn't mean that we're officially dating?

Then she replied by saying "Oh I don't think we're official or anything yet, we're just two people who like each other hanging out. Right?"

Well she does have a point there, but then what exactly does she consider "officially dating" in the first place?

I know there's this whole "facebook official" thing, but she doesn't want that since the ex would then find out and freak out. I've called her my girlfriend and she's called me my boyfriend.
My first hypothesis was that once we sort of start making out and feeling each other up, and then possibly sex, then we'd "officially" be going out.

But isn't that just alittle shallow?
Or am I just too young to really understand?

This just really upsets me because after all this time from last year and up until now, I still feel like we're back at square one, and that we're not really dating at all.
Is there an exponential difference between high school dating and college dating that I must be informed about?
Cause I'm not gonna lie, this is the hardest thing I've ever been through in my entire life.
-
-
As promised, I applaud anyone who actually read that entire thing instead of straight up skipping to the end and answering the question that was given in the subject title. Now you know the story, so what should I do?

Arkaria

If I were in your shoes, I'd ditch her. You're making excuses for her behavior. The fact that she even cares what her ex thinks says a lot. And she can tell you whatever she wants. People lie. If she is just playing around and doesn't want it to be official, then tell her she can come talk to you when she's done playing games. If I like a boy, I'd want everyone to know we're together. Trust me, there is something holding her back. She doesn't want the commitment for a reason. Whether she still likes her ex, or what I can't say, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MosesMohs

fcuk bitches get money

MOB til I D-I-E.

--

You don't want to "date" a girl who is too big of a pussy to tell her ex (who she obviously /still/ has feelings for) that she has a new boyfriend. Why should her "ex" care anyway? Why should she care what her "ex" thinks anyway?

Arkaria

fcuk bitches get money

Disregard females. Acquire currency.

12168_181204713386_181204553386_3013142_8188428_n.jpg

Welcome to Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back