• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What difficulty will your first playthrough of KH3 be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What difficulty are you going to pick?

• Beginner

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Standard

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Proud

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Critical

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
At least proud, I don't find it that challenging even on that, Crit is what kicks my ass ha. And I am not sure it will be unlocked from the beginning anyway. I guess being on an easier mode will let me see more animations and chill, yeah. I dunno ha.

Amadeus

Awards
I always play games on Standard/Normal first to get a feel for it; I'm going to 100% KH3 anyway on my first run so I don't have to worry about not unlocking secret endings or whatever. Then I'll probably come back for a Proud run just as a challenge on any %. The real question is how long I'll spend just staring at the environments and characters, ha. My 0.2 playthrough is so falsely inflated because of that time....

Pokie

I always go beginner > standard > proud, got to rush through the story and enjoy everything stress free first and then re-do the game as a challenge on a harder difficulty later on, plus the game lasts longer (imo )
That's about three playthroughs. For fun, for a warm up, and then for a bit of a challenge.

I don't do critical; just never been interested. By the time I want to re-play again a few years later, I want to do it on standard.

SoraForeverKH

I like this question! It' really makes one excited for the real experience. I'm planning on going straight to proud. I want to have the full experience and share the same feelings Sora has during tough battles and intense plot waiting in his next big journey. Even while recalling the fact that Nomura-San revealed the enemies being harder opponents to bring more challenging battles. I'll bet Sora finds them more challenging too, so this way I'll really feel like I'm in Sora's epic and iconic shoes. A lot like I experienced while playing khDDD. Unforgettable!! This character has come to mean so much to me over the years I've known him.
I'm expecting to lose sleep and my appetite for a month this time if traumatic things should occur in 'his' story. It took me 2 weeks to get over DDD's ending... Even from the Japanese snippets I incidentally caught myself reading and watching.
No spoiling for me this time though! I'm legit—no more letting my Japanese KH content temptations get the better of me.

KHIII 2018!!!
"Bring it on!"

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
Standard definitely. Not looking to stress myself out at any point during my first play through and I'm sure there will be somewhat of a challenge depending on the scenario. Also just want to enjoy it at a reasonable pace without having to sacrifice anytime for grinding.

I'll definitely do critical my second time around though to get that full completion.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Previous experience and force of habit from previous instalments tells me to beeline straight to Proud or Critical Mode. While I do intend to savour the experience and enjoy the story of KHIII, I also value a good challenge and would like to have that mixed in with my first time. I've always gone straight to the highest difficulty for previous initial playthroughs since Days, save for instances where the game (rather stupidly, in my opinion) locks Critical Mode to second playthroughs and beyond. And this mentality has spoiled me, as it were, making Standard feel a bit too easy.

Even if Critical Mode is available from the get-go, which I highly doubt, I think I'll be looking to Proud Mode for my initial playthrough.

robotman

I'm surprised some people picked beginner, since if you're on this site you're likely well versed with the games. Beginner is no challenge at all, to the point of it being so easy that it's not even fun.

I'm also surprised that quite a few people picked critical as well for a first playthrough since the challenge is a little too much if you've never played it before.

I'm glad I asked the question though, nice to see everyone's answers! :wink:

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
If Critical isn't available from the start, I'll go with Proud as usual!
If Proud isn't available from the start, then it will be too easy T w T...........................
After a first playthrough, ohhh boi, I can't wait for a level 1 run ♥

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Standard to play the story and then to 100% the Journal.

Then I'll play on Critical and play through the Story on Critical. That's what I did with KH2 and BBS.

Carnagewake

Just out of curiosity, do any of them actually let you play Critical your first play through? I thought that was unlocked?

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Just out of curiosity, do any of them actually let you play Critical your first play through? I thought that was unlocked?
No, Critical Mode has been available from the get-go for every game (when available, the only exceptions being Re:CoM and 358/2 Days which only went up to Proud) since it was introduced with KHIIFM. It wasn't until Dream Drop Distance and 0.2 rolled along that Critical Mode got locked behind an initial run. I just hope the recent trend doesn't follow through into KHIII; while I may not necessarily pick it immediately, I'd much rather have the option be there instead of unlocking it.

Alja

I'm not sure yet... I'm trying to decide between standard and proud but I can't tell yet
Same, it's hard to tell. My first BBS run was on proud and it was perfectly alright, but who knows how hard KH3 will be? And I'm also leaning towards proud to make it easier to unlock potential secrets LOL. I'm not good at hunting down everything to complete Jiminy's journal...

robotman

If Critical isn't available from the start, I'll go with Proud as usual!
If Proud isn't available from the start, then it will be too easy T w T...........................
After a first playthrough, ohhh boi, I can't wait for a level 1 run ♥

Level 1 run o_O... Are you a masochist? Isn't a level 1 run a type of self torture? It's way too hard... Everything 1 shots you, haha!

Antar

Awards
Hoping to go with Critical Mode, but I hope it won't be broken like it first was in 0.2. If anything, there's Proud Mode, which was great in 0.2, but anything lower than that and I think the game would be too forgiving. I want to actually use the items and abilities I acquire throughout the game.

Last thing I want to happen is get the game after all this time, and easily mash through everything but the bosses. This game is too special for that, to me :p
Story, gameplay, music...everything needs to be experienced with my complete attention and focus!

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Critical, if it is unlocked, that is. I feel like people who prefer Critical Mode are often seen as elitist but it's truely where I get the most enjoyment out of the games... usually.

Scorseselover

I always play on Standard. Fighting young Xehanort in DDD and Roxas in KH2 is already brutal enough on that level.

Back