• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What difficulty do you start on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
When I first played KH1 and 2 I played on normal but every other game in the series I've played on Proud (partly for the challenge but mainly so that I can get the secret video sooner and easier xD).

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
When I first started playing the games I started on Beginner, then after awhile I started on Standard. BBS and onward I started on Proud because I found Standard did not provide enough of a challenge.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
When I get a new game (and this is not just for KH) if I get a option for difficulty I always do easy first time with the game, then replays will be normal or hardest mode.

State

Awards
In the past, I would choose Beginner to breeze and get through the story fast, but now, I start on Standard to enjoy things how they're intended to. :3

WayToDusk

I typically do Beginner first time through, but then I immediately go to Critical or Proud right after to replay the game.

wii.red24

For the sake of replayability i usually start off on easy then i'll replay on normal and then hard so on and so forth otherwise if i started out on hard once i finsihed it there wouldn't be any incentive for me to go back and beat it again. It wouldn't make sense to beat it on critical mode or proud first and then build down to easy.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I usually start on Beginner Mode, then I go to Standard when I want to try 100% completion, and I NEVER touch Proud or Critical.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I usually start on Standard so that I can focus on the story and get through it quickly without having to worry about grinding too much. And so there's some difficulty and the enemies aren't crazy boring/easy to beat.

and I'll do any replays on hard.

misssheep

The easy mode so I can complete the game really fast and see the ending quicker being impatient and everything.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Where available I start always with Proud difficulty, as "Proud" in KH practically equals "normal" in other games.
Anything below Proud is simply too easy.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Like everyone else, I use to choose the easiest setting. I was always afraid of choosing the hardest (because it scared me for some reason? lol kids).

Now, it just depends mostly on the story. If I really want to know what happens in the story, i'll put it on standard (because i'm impatient), then go back through on Proud / Critical. If I already know most of the story, or just really want to get the file to 100% completion on the first go, i'll choose Proud / Critical.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
After the atrociously easy Proud mode of KH2, I force myself through the hardest difficulty on each subsequent game as if I'm proving something.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
After the atrociously easy Proud mode of KH2, I force myself through the hardest difficulty on each subsequent game as if I'm proving something.

Once 2.5 comes out, it would be great to finally play KHII in Critical Mode.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Once 2.5 comes out, it would be great to finally play KHII in Critical Mode.

I'm looking forward to that more than any other feature in the KHII FM, it will more than likely give me a new appreciation of the game.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Ever since Birth By Sleep came around, I've been playing the games on Proud. It's really not that difficult. It just requires a lot of timing and precision.

Sorakh212

Awards
Yeah for any game I've ever beaten I'll play through it on Normal the first time and if I feel like beating it again and or are up for a challenge then I'll progress upwards or just jump to the hardest difficulty if possible. Plus with a lot of games nowadays you usually have to beat it at least once to unlock the hardest difficulty.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm looking forward to that more than any other feature in the KHII FM, it will more than likely give me a new appreciation of the game.
Me, too. KH2 was WAY too easy. The only way I've solved the difficulty issue before is to play Proud, never fight except when the game requires me, too, and then not use accessories. That way you're 2-3 levels below what each world requires and it's a little more challenging because you're HP's so low.

But my first time through, I used to choose normal. Ever since KH2, I choose Proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back