• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What difficulty are you going to attempt the trophies on?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Easy, Final Mix or Proud; the game has three difficulties that you must play through in order to platinum the game.

However, aside from the storyline trophies, there are extra ones provided for the extra challenge. But will they be too hard for you to do?

So what do you think KHInsider? Do you think you'll be tackling the secret bosses on Easy mode? Doing a solo mission in the Coliseum for the Hades cup in Hard? Make sure you give REASONS for this, and not just a few words.

I've thought about doing the secret bosses in Easy mode, but I've always put it off because I wanted my proud mode run through to be a 100% game. I did get quite a few trophies in my easy speedster walkthrough, however it's quite obvious that those ones would have been gained via hard mode as well.

Decrith

I'll most definitely play the Hardest Mode (is it FM or Proud?), challenge is a must for me, I really loved how challenging 3D was so I'd like to experience it again when I play 1.5. The more challenging the game is, the more fun it is to me, as long as the "challenge" isn't next to impossible. And I want the game to keep me busy for a long time, making it a harder difficulty will mean it'll take longer for me to complete the game.

Although, I might have to put an exception to the gummi ship, I absolutely hate it, and wish it wasn't part of the game, but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

BagelBreath

Awards
My first playthrough for all the games, except RE:CoM and KH1, has been on proud mode.
So yeah, going to attempt getting as many trophies as I can on proud, and then the ones that I deem too difficult will be done on an easier difficulty.
I've never been able to defeat KH1 Sephiroth, even with cheat codes (the game freezes mid battle/random glitches), probably going to end up getting this one on an easier difficulty.
I don't think I'll end up getting platinum, I know I'm going to give up doing the synthesis crap and just thinking about CoM trophies makes me upset, lol.

Gram

Banned
Awards
As always I'll be playing on the hardest mode available on my first try. It's always the file I try to get as close to 100% as I can.
Largely because after so many years of proud and critical modes anything lesser is to easy or dull for me. The only kh boss I've never been able to defeat is kh1 Sephiroth. I plan to try to beat him again though solely for doing so, I dont care for trophies or such so I'm not really worried about all that and which ones I get I just wanna play ma kh on ps3. ;A;

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I think I'll also do my first run on Proud, and I'll probably do the speed run on Easy afterwards.
It shouldn't be too hard to finish in under 15 hours on Easy, I think. I'll do the secret bosses and what-not on my Proud mode game, though. :D

I'm actually not sure how many new bosses there are other than Xemnas, or if there are new synthesis items, so I don't think Proud will be as easy as it was in my KH playthrough last year.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm actually not sure how many new bosses there are other than Xemnas, or if there are new synthesis items, so I don't think Proud will be as easy as it was in my KH playthrough last year.
There is the phantom, Ice Titan and Kurt Ziza, as well as new heartless added in certain areas for rare synthesis materials such as the Black Ballade or the Pink Agaricus

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, with these Re:MIXes I'll be attempting Proud Mode first, since I've played them all (in all difficulty modes available) before, and I like to do my completed "mastered" game saves on my Proud. Since we have to get trophy completion with all difficulty modes, though, I'll probably focus on getting any trophies not obtained in Proud on Easy.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm gonna go for Proud mode on my first playthroughs. Anything less, doesn't feel challenging enough and always thought it was kind of silly to have an Easy mode from the start. I like completing every task I can available and feels like I've gained something out of it by doing so. Besides, I've always done everything I could just to get the secret ending or that one special keyblade. If I could beat the bosses once on proud, I'm gonna give it my all to do it again!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm gonna play through the game on Beginner when I try for the speedrun, no-death and no-equipment Trophies. Also probably Phantom and Sephiroth because a decade later I still haven't beaten them. :I

Then I'll do Final Mix for completing Coliseum Trophies, LV100, chests and basically everything else I'll have missed in the Beginner run. (Ideally I'll only need one playthrough for those Trophies.)

Then I'll do Proud Mode last, for the Proud Mode Trophy and basically nothing else. This is, of course, only in regards to Trophy collecting. I'm sure after I've Platinum'd, I'll be doing every subsequent playthrough on Proud and trying to 100% it.

When it comes to Re:CoM, though... that's gonna take a bit of work. Especially a no-death run, because Larxene is the bane of my existence.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
When it comes to Re:CoM, though... that's gonna take a bit of work. Especially a no-death run, because Larxene is the bane of my existence.
I'm pretty sure it's either no death for Sora or Riku, so if you die with Sora, you can try it again with Riku (thank god)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm pretty sure it's either no death for Sora or Riku, so if you die with Sora, you can try it again with Riku (thank god)
Oh man, that didn't even occur to me. Now that Trophy doesn't seem nearly as scary! :D

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
Well, I'm going to do Proud first and get rid of all the difficulty trophies (in the event that they do stack), then do everything else (time trials in olympus, optional bosses, synthesis, weapon collection, etc.) on Beginner mode. Not sure about CoM since I didn't platinum or even try it in the Japanese version although probably do the same thing, normal playthrough on Proud, 100% completion on Beginner.

AIAwesome

Awards
Except for KHI, I've always done proud mode first just to give myself a challenge throughout the first playthrough. For me, the best part about the games is the thrilling feeling of "OH GOD IMA DIE OH MY GURRRRRRRR" but ending up winning anyway. But yeah, pretty much the harder the difficulty, the longer the playthrough is going to be. After a little fun messing around with everything, I'm probably gonna go after all those trophies and stuff. Gotta make this game last as long as I can before KHIII comes out.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think I'll try and get most trophies on hard. IT would be cool to have completed the games on this difficulty. However for the Speedster and undefeated trophies I'll definitely have to play in on easy because I'm definitely not good enough to mange either of those on hard. I might also take Sephiroth on on easy seeing I never even came close to beating him in the original.
I'm definitely going to try and get all trophies for this game.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
With the last three games I've been playing on Proud first mainly to unlock the secret movie at the end so i'll probably play on Proud for Re:CoM and whatever the hardest difficulty is in KH FM. xD I was able to beat Sephiroth on Expert Mode on KH1 so I think I can manage. :p

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Speedster, Undefeated, and Unchanging are totally being bagged in Beginner Mode.

Everything else in Proud. Except Standard naturally.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'll do my speedster and unchanging armor on easy, then proud will be 100%. I don't feel like I've truly defeated these extra bosses unless I beat them at my hardest, and also I pretty much hundred percented the game on expert for ps2, so I'd feel like a slacker if I didn't do it again

Wave57

Awards
Do as many as I can on the hardest difficulty!

The crazy ones where you have to beat the game in a certain time, not die, and not change equipment will likely be done on an easier difficulty.

I will get the platinum trophy!
Also, I plan on 100% both games, I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back