• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Did Xehanort (Boy In Black) See In The Intro Video?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I watch the intro video to KH3 maybe 2-3 times a day, and I just can't help but wonder what exactly he saw in the sky. Was it a world falling to darkness? Some part of me thinks it's another world line being created (the one where Sora succeeds in stopping the darkness). Does anyone else feel like that glow is just different from what we're used to seeing? It's also glowing right next to a normal (but bright) star.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The best theory I've heard is that he was influenced by his older self in that moment. Stars have been shown to represent both worlds and individual people in the Kingdom Hearts universe, and the Young Xehanort in the intro was looking at a purple (this color likely symbolizing some kind of powerful dark force) star, representing Master Xehanort. From there, he's inspired by his older self's machinations to move the peices a certain way. One that mirrors every major event that happened in the series thus far. This is why we see flashes of Xemnas and Ansem, for example, when he moves their corresponding chess peices. He's in a sense, recreating the major events of the series (note that he likely doesn't realize he's doing this, but those events are still etched in his heart after his time traveling in DDD and KH3), all prompted by looking at his own star in the sky.

One last interesting fact:

- He's playing chess alone, & at night time during the opening. This is likely a practice match against himself so he's prepared for his big face off against Eraqus the following day. Remember that he nearly beats Eraqus by applying the same set up his older self used in the end of KH3, and Eraqus, in tern, triggers the lights from the past (again, mirroring KH3). So it can be presumed that he's still being somewhat influenced by his older self/time traveling experience when he plays chess with Eraqus.

Awards
The best theory I've heard is that he was influenced by his older self in that moment. Stars have been shown to represent both worlds and individual people in the Kingdom Hearts universe, and the Young Xehanort in the intro was looking at a purple (this color likely symbolizing some kind of powerful dark force) star, representing Master Xehanort. From there, he's inspired by his older self's machinations to move the peices a certain way. One that mirrors every major event that happened in the series thus far. This is why we see flashes of Xemnas and Ansem, for example, when he moves their corresponding chess peices. He's in a sense, recreating the major events of the series (note that he likely doesn't realize he's doing this, but those events are still etched in his heart after his time traveling in DDD and KH3), all prompted by looking at his own star in the sky.

- He's playing chess alone, & at night time during the opening. This is likely a practice match against himself so he's prepared for his big face off against Eraqus the following day. Remember that he nearly beats Eraqus by applying the same set up his older self used in the end of KH3, and Eraqus, in tern, triggers the lights from the past (again, mirroring KH3). So it can be presumed that he's still being somewhat influenced by his older self/time traveling experience when he plays chess with Eraqus.

I absolutely love that symbolism. What you’re saying makes complete sense to me, and it’s so deep too.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

That was an amazing breakdown. Thank you!

I heard that it's what Young Xehanort expected to happen (and the dark star was his future sell telling what would happen happen - basically how to succeed). Because he thought he would succeed, that's why Chain of Memories is omitted during the recap and the final battle at the Keyblade Graveyard takes place with Sora/Donald/Goofy/Riku/Mickey/Kairi (in their KH2 attires).

Back