• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What community do you guys distance yourself from?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I never noticed until now but I unconsciously distanced myself from the Pokémon community. I was disgusted and disappointed by both sides during the SWSH controversy. For fans to harass and incense others over a video game. Don’t like the BS they did? Boycott them, don’t give them your money. On the other side, the crazy amount of people who defended GF after they got caught lying multiple times. I don’t understand why people feel the need to defend a corporation, especially one tied to the highest grossing franchise.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I never noticed until now but I unconsciously distanced myself from the Pokémon community. I was disgusted and disappointed by both sides during the SWSH controversy. For fans to harass and incense others over a video game. Don’t like the BS they did? Boycott them, don’t give them your money. On the other side, the crazy amount of people who defended GF after they got caught lying multiple times. I don’t understand why people feel the need to defend a corporation, especially one tied to the highest grossing franchise.

The centrist approach? I agree but I also disagree.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The centrist approach? I agree but I also disagree.

I mean yeah but being centrist means having some involvement? I haven’t bought a Pokémon game since Ultra Moon and I don’t engage with the community in any site.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Far right & lefts groups (there needs to be a balance, and they NEED NEED NEED to know what they're talking about), and obviously angry groups/nazi groups. If you can't think without hate in your head, you aren't thinking properly.

Oh! And also furry groups. I have nothing against them, I'm just terrified of the costumes.

Last edited:

PrettyGuard

Awards
To be honest, I kinda distance myself from the SM fandom; you know why?

There was this guy that got harassed horribly. Nearly made him want to kill himself >< I refuse to associate with people that'd do that.

Guy didn't deserve it; he died of cancer later and that stinks anyway.

I wonder why he got harassed in the first place? Is it that toxic there?

D

Deleted member 246005

Ign's DMC board- They were a bit too cruel about DmC during its initial announcement period. I just found a different home on the Devilmaycry.org forums.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Prettyguard; The story goes is this guy had a female handle, and also owned bunnies. Somebody else did NOT like not like that, made a LJ comm to harrass and make fun of the guy. Also he was running a rival site to the bully person, trying to have accurate subtitles with the help of friends (this was in the no-JP releases period in EU and NA at the time.) so the dirt was prolly revenge related; the guy also had accurate subs for some of the stage releases (again, he only did the releases, he didn't do the subtitling) and I haven't been able to find them since the site went down after the guy died. :/

/shakes her head I won't go looking for the other guys, they were even LYING about their credentials as JP translators and had a bad habit of "retranslating" stuff that was fine. If you're going to show credentials as a translator, tell the truth. (No offense meant to the translators here, I can tell there's no funnin' there.) The head honcho of the bullies gave me the impression of being another Donald Trump too, so I don't want to even talk to her. Not only that, she's made a mess of at least one site that they gave her the keys to; got tired of a certain board and tried to kill it! Was thanks to some older admins that it stayed alive, I haven't looked for it for years, so not sure if it's still around, but that's just despicable.

Since then I do not deny I <3 SM, I just refuse to participate in teh Moonie community. Had enough bullies growing up, there doesn't need to be bullies online. And yes, I have a looong memory, esp when it's THAT bad.

Last edited:
Awards
I'm gay and I've never gotten the impression this community was homophobic lol. Been awhile since I've been on the forums but still. I even met a few LGBT members on this site.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm gay and I've never gotten the impression this community was homophobic lol. Been awhile since I've been on the forums but still. I even met a few LGBT members on this site.
Idk about khinsider but I do strongly remember KH13 maybe about 5 years ago having a pretty typical of the time attitude towards anything lgbt, not the whole site of course, maybe about less than half. Actually pretty much the whole internet was kinda derogatory about it around then

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't consider myself part of any community. I participate in discussions and just that. I'm not actively involved. I just participated here, Reddit and whatever subs and whatever Twitters for Nintendo, KH and stuff. I'm very jealous with the content I consume. Any sort of toxicity I see on social media I just mute the person's account.

But yeah, like fellow members' have said, each community has their strong edge in terms of an opinion, which can lead to drama from dissenting fans.

Awards
If you go on Twitter it can get pretty nasty.
I'm one of those "boomers" that uses Facebook and never understood the point of posting 2 sentences at a time on Twitter. lol I remember the LiveJournal days. I guess it's a good thing I don't delve too deep. This is the KH community to me. I don't really do game groups on Facebook anymore because they can be highly toxic (like the Dark Souls community). So many flexers and trolls.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Communities have a diversity of opinions. The problem isn't the diversity itself, but the delivery of such. I forgot to mention GameFAQs. I used to love going there. But nowadays? Yikes. I substituted it for Reddit.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Far right & lefts groups (there needs to be a balance, and they NEED NEED NEED to know what they're talking about), and obviously angry groups/nazi groups. If you can't think without hate in your head, you aren't thinking properly.

Oh! And also furry groups. I have nothing against them, I'm just terrified of the costumes.
at the end of the day their still human with feelings, as do i. i understand its kinda scary seeing a animal theme character walking around but most of them are nice and funny. im just happy that we dont wanna f real animals, cus i dont want to.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I'm one of those "boomers" that uses Facebook and never understood the point of posting 2 sentences at a time on Twitter. lol I remember the LiveJournal days. I guess it's a good thing I don't delve too deep. This is the KH community to me. I don't really do game groups on Facebook anymore because they can be highly toxic (like the Dark Souls community). So many flexers and trolls.
i understand, the night sky prince group is very toxic about square enix titles. and im pan/bisexual and i understand if people are homophobic.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I'm ... confused. First of all, like Blenderudit said so fittingly, every bigger community / fandom has a bit of drama and some people who are not nice to be around. I think it's not about whether a fandom has these, but how many there are and how the rest of the fandoms reacts to them - if there's a tendency to just let these angry people be angry and rude and spoil the fun for everyone, it certainly spoils the fandom for me.

To be honest, I don't know what you're getting at here. You are in a Kingdom Hearts forum where you just plainly said you distance yourself from this community. Which is fine if you feel like that and it would also be fine if you had actual arguments or suggestions about what we, in which I mean the forum KH Insider, could do better. I've read from a lot of gay / bisexual / pansexual / diverse here, so claiming it's all homophobic here is something I simply don't see. And I've never read anything about furries, negative or otherwise, just absolutely nothing. So it's really weird for you to come out and lash out at this forum's community to be anti-furry in general when most of the people here have never said anything about it (for example, I personally simply don't care about furries, whatever makes people happy and does no harm is fine). Not trying to insult you, but your statements come off very rude. It's great that you embrace yourself, it's great that you feel inspired by people (e.g. Ariana Grande), it's great that you feel comfortable with who you are, but that doesn't justify labeling everyone as being mean, homophobic or anti-furry - that's like saying "I'm gay and if you don't love my posts, you're homophobic". Also, as a gay myself, the way you talk about closet furries rubs me the wrong way - sometimes people have good reasons to stay in the closet. Maybe they can't come out, maybe they don't want to come out just yet, maybe they're dealing with other shit, also you don't always have to come out if you don't want to in the first place. Your post feels a bit like "everyone should just come out and everyone else should just be happy about that", yeah, I also wish that was the case but it doesn't always work that way, so one can legimately get angry at people who are being shitty about it, but we can't just dictate people how to come out or to feel (homophobia excluded, that's just not valid because it oppresses others).

Well, I dislike Kairi and that certainly didn't show me anything, but your post showed me. I feel like the way your post is worded, you're very actually very iffy about other people's opinions when they differ from yours. I really, really don't understand what's to like about Kairi, I find her highly unlikeable, but well, can't go around and say "listen to me, Kairi is shitty, why don't you just get that?!". Opinions don't work that way. It doesn't work in ways of "hah, I showed you!", either you can convince people or you can't. When you don't like the general tendency of a fandom, e.g. if there are more Kairi haters than lovers, you can leave or look elsewhere (e.g. in another forum), but don't make people sound dumb if they don't get or share your feelings on something.

Oh and topic: I distance myself from the Dragonball: Dokkan Battle community. Terrible community, there are way to many people who believe liking a female character makes you a "simp" while liking male characters is often commented with weird sexual slang like "[new male unit] turns me so on", it's just childish and inappropriate and weird. Oh and there's a ton of people who think anything less than a hardcore player is a noob which is equally annoying. Ugh.
sorry i wasnt trying to be rude. this place is fine it just i dont wanna be in group like on facebook or twitter.

Somnus cealum

Awards
most youtubers carry drama and have a fanbase thats just toxic. and some kh modders are very rude. and some youtubers was mean to me and my friends. its ok if u like them, i just dont want to get involved with them. some of them are very popular, example hmk, the night sky prince, 13th vessel, eddawiz, and vannamelons old friend tipplit witch im glad that now she left her cus she was racist and mean. tipplet was also mean to me and my friends, she said kh is for babies and she says n alot. i distant myself from them and other youtubers tbh.

Back