• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What characters were you most excited to see in Birth By Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Did you really call Vanitas a plot troll?

Vanitas. As lulz-y and sexy as he is, he's nothing more than a cheap plot device.

I'm not alone :D
Yes I called him a plot troll. It seems like he did very little overall and as I said, his biggest contributions were to give Aqua her mandatory boss fights and Ven his final boss.
In that regard he wasn't that different than SoD Ansem in KH1 but SoD Ansem seemed like more of a person and a character than Vanitas whose concept was everything he had. Remove most scenes with him in-game and you won't really get that different a story... and then you'll remember you didn't have that many scenes with him to begin with.
And don't even get me started on not getting why oh why he even obeyed MX to begin with. For someone who's supposed to be made of nothing but Darkness, he was a lot less chaotic and evil than I could hope. He was, effectively, MX's lap-dog.
Excuse me if I fail to see the charm.

Besides Aqua only fought him in Neverland, Radiant Garden, and keyblade graveyard

"Only". Repliku much.
And let's recall that in the worlds he wasn't in, Aqua had freaking rehashed bosses like in the Dwarf Woodlands. Excuse me if I'm not impressed with either of them.

which i think caused a lot of character development for the both of them.

Ho yes. Let us forever more praise Aqua for telling Ven to go back to the home he RAN AWAY FROM and then LEAVE HIM BEHIND

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*Bam*, right on the spot, as usual, Smile.

It's not that Vanitas himself is the problem, but the way he was portrayed/used in the plot.
After all, BBS had way more potential that could have been used, and Vanitas was sadly also some of the points which were very grossly underused.

After recently watching Star Wars: Episode I again, I could easily compare Vanitas to Darth Maul, a very strong player with big potential who was wasted and given away.

Edit:
On Topic.
While I was not overhyped by BBS as I knew it would be on a handheld, I did look forward to the game to
actually see how the Xehanort we know and the old geezer are connected.
I was also very interested for Ven, and how he actually differs from Roxas and Sora (that's maybe why I paid such close attention, lol) as well as for Terra and Aqua.
Overall I do enjoy BBS very much *just defeated Iron Imprisoner IV with Aqua*, yet I also see that there was a bunch of potential which could have been used better.

Last edited:

Radiant Princess

Ven because he looks so much like Roxas, Maleficient because she's my favourite disney villian and Lea because I love Axel and was interested to see what his somebody was like.

Realm Walker

I was looking forward to Ienzo the most. Turns out he didn't have a single speaking line...

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aqua and Ven! :D I was most excited about Aqua for a while, because of the secret ending, but I was really excited for Ven when they started announcing stuff about the game itself.

Then Terra and Vanitas showed up in-game. ;____; I was still excited for Ven and Aqua, but TERRAAAAAAA. He became my favourite after the Japanese release, even though I absolutely hated him when they announced the game. He's definitely one of my favourite characters now. Ven, on the other hand, is freakin' cute but not my favourite per se anymore. His story is awesome and his scenario is fun, though. I still luff him toooooo :C Aqua's still awesome, though! xD; But I never expected to like Vanitas. <.<; eep.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was originally just excited for TAV, MX, and Vanitas. But in game I got excited to see Lea, Mickey and I got especially excited to see Donald and Goofy. I missed those guys.

Crystal

Silver Member
I'm excited to see Terra and Ven :D Maybe because he is the only one who looks more mature and handsome xDD
And Ven too <3 he is so cute.

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;
Definitely be Vanitas( because of his unrevealed appearance), Ventus( because he looks like Roxas) and Master Xehanort

Reimei Tenshi 96

I'm definitely excited to see Lea and Isa. They look soo cute in BBS hehe. I'm excited to see old characters as well like Donald and Goofy. It'll be weird not having them follow me around in BBS when I play it :p

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Aqua, Zack, Stitch, Vanitas, Lea, and Isa. <3
OH, and the three Disney Princesses; it was nice seeing them in more active roles.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Can't say Aurora was too active... but I do agree about Snow White and Cinderella. I dare say I liked Snow White better than in her movie, and it was nice getting some insight about the PoH's mechanism, even if briefly.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
new - Vanitas (kinda Aqua bcs she's a badass girl)
old - Maleficent, organisation members (most Axel), SKR

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
After the utter lack of them in Days, I was most excited for the new Disney bosses like the mirror or Lucifer. I'd even count the Wheel Master & Cursed Carriage as part of this. Days ticked me off with the limited Disney presence & BBS was such an improvement in that category. It's strange that the Osaka team can be creative enough to somehow make the mirror into a feasible boss & yet H.A.N.D. couldn't even do something as obvious as Gaston.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Osaka team had a PSP.
H.A.N.D had a DS :v
To put things in perspective - Days is one of the most packed DS games and its rom is 250 megs.
BBS's rom is several times that size.
Of COURSE it'll have more content in that regards.
*waits for the 3DS*

Won't it be cool if a Days remake/FM will be released on the 3DS? O3O Its cartridge size is several times that of the DS's~

And I was personally excited for that Ven-MX scene in the Coliseum ._. why did they take it out? ;w;

Stars

&#12522;&#12463;
Not quite. Also there was the Ven-Aqua scene on DI that transformed into a TAV scene (lol further support Ven doesn't like Aqua as much as he should?) in the Keyblade Graveyard.
Ven doesn't like Aqua because she left him behind D:
Terra is Ven's friend, so they think it is necessary to put in Terra lol
And there is a scene where Terra protecting injured Ven in Radiant Garden but now relocated to LoD? D:

Yeah, KH2 hollow bastion lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back