• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What bothered me about Sora and Organization XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Did it bother anyone else that Sora was never told what happened to the other other 5 members? I know you get their journal info after the Absent Silhouette fights (which give very little insight into what happened. And how does Jimminy know? There's a lot of those moments in the journal for me. But thats not what I'm talking about here). Shouldn't it be explained somewhere that the others were disposed of previously. I actually don't recall a point where they said there were 13 members. But the Proof of Existence should be a hint. And no one explains that whole missing year in Sora's life. I know he's easy going but come on. And the last thing that bothers me about the Organization in this game is that not only was Sora never told, he never questions it. Like I said, I know he's easy going but that's a little much. Maybe I'm just picking for a problem, but I feel like he should have been told (or at least curious) at some point. I mean a simple "We only fought 8 of you goons, where's the other 5?" to Xemnas would suffice. All Xemnas would have to say is "Ask your friend" or "Not of importance" or even "They were unfit to wear the coat" would have worked. Something to give some hint that Sora knew there were more than 8 members of Organization XII

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Did it bother anyone else that Sora was never told what happened to the other other 5 members?

They died, so Sora didn't give a damn about them since they couldn't hurt anybody.

I know you get their journal info after the Absent Silhouette fights (which give very little insight into what happened. And how does Jimminy know? There's a lot of those moments in the journal for me. But thats not what I'm talking about here).

Jiminy knows everything, even if he wasn't there to witness it.

I actually don't recall a point where they said there were 13 members.

I might be wrong since I'm sick, but I'm pretty certain Yen Sid mentioned it when Sora arrived at the Mysterious Tower.

And no one explains that whole missing year in Sora's life. I know he's easy going but come on.

Sora just really didn't care. Also, to be fair, he had just awakened from having his memories put back together so not every screw was tightened and in the right place.
And the last thing that bothers me about the Organization in this game is that not only was Sora never told, he never questions it. Like I said, I know he's easy going but that's a little much.

He just...doesn't. Why would he care about 5 dead evil guys? They aren't able to hurt him, his friends, or the universe so they aren't important.

Maybe I'm just picking for a problem, but I feel like he should have been told (or at least curious) at some point.

Sora's just not that kind of character. He doesn't really look back on things unless he needs to, and keeps things fairly simple.

I mean a simple "We only fought 8 of you goons, where's the other 5?" to Xemnas would suffice. All Xemnas would have to say is "Ask your friend" or "Not of importance" or even "They were unfit to wear the coat" would have worked. Something to give some hint that Sora knew there were more than 8 members of Organization XII

Yeaaaaah. It just...didn't matter.

BlazeHeatnix

Actually, when Demyx explains the Absent Silhouettes, he says that they're Organization members who were previously destroyed and are just "shadowy presences" now. So Sora probably just assumes those members were killed by someone else at some point.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Jiminy knows everything, even if he wasn't there to witness it.

Jiminy is super psychic in this game. I'm thinking of making a list. It starts with him magically knowing that Organization #2 was the one who confronted them on the stairs and only gets worse.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You know how it goes, if the creators don't care, the characters don't care either--whether or not it makes sense for characters to be that way...

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora has the attention span of a flea. If it's not directly in front of him he just doesn't care.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Actually, when Demyx explains the Absent Silhouettes, he says that they're Organization members who were previously destroyed and are just "shadowy presences" now. So Sora probably just assumes those members were killed by someone else at some point.

when does demyx explain them? could anybody show me this

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
when does demyx explain them? could anybody show me this

It's in the underworld after you first see Zexion's AS but can't actually enter. Here is the video (it's in Japanese and the resolution is horrible, but it's the only thing I could find. At least it'll give you an indication of when he says this).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPZfEt8pN3k

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I love to go though the journal and I have the same questions you have. I understand they want to make the entries available to read but how did that Crickett know about Namine, Diz, Riku-Ansem, the deceased members, and Twilight Thorn before Sora ever meets them. And then in the Journal he mentions how Ursula used the power of darkness to come back. How the hell did he know?

Articus

I love to go though the journal and I have the same questions you have. I understand they want to make the entries available to read but how did that Crickett know about Namine, Diz, Riku-Ansem, the deceased members, and Twilight Thorn before Sora ever meets them. And then in the Journal he mentions how Ursula used the power of darkness to come back. How the hell did he know?

The Journal you can view in game is not the same Journal Jiminy holds. What you are viewing is for YOUR purposes. Sora doesn't go back and look at the Journal. So it shouldn't be taken so literally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Journal you can view in game is not the same Journal Jiminy holds. What you are viewing is for YOUR purposes. Sora doesn't go back and look at the Journal. So it shouldn't be taken so literally.

That takes the fun out of criticizing "Jiminy's Journal"

Fortissimo

Huh that's weird. It never really was explained, but it never bothered me. Like the others said, it really wasn't that important. Maybe we can all pretend that Riku filled him in on everything after they got back to the island. Otherwise it would have been just a few extra sentences that would have been written into the script. Which I suppose Demyx implied when explaining the AS.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I doubt Jiminy was keeping records that extreme.

Blue Firework

Awards
I think in Vanilla KHII the Com members get added to the journal after Sora activates Ansem's computer, so I always assumed Jiminy got that information from the computer.

KING JUNK

I hope I'm not breaking any spoiler rules, but if I did I am sorry!

I always assumed that those memories returned to Sora at the point where both Sora and Kairi reunited with their Nobodies, and also that there really wasn't a time to talk about them because of all the commotion near the end, and they'd be the last thing Sora & Co. talk about when everyone reunites in Destiny Islands. Unless, this failure to mention them is a bigger part of the plot to KHIII, can't really be too sure...

SephirothZ

^ That is what I assumed as well. Right before the final boss fight in KH2, Kairi, Sora, Namine, and Roxas have that moment. I assumed it was then that he got a lot of memories back and did not really have a chance to make a campfire and talk it all out.

Some guy

I think a more or less accurate representation of what Jiminy's journal actually holds is the "story" part of each world. The rest is just for the player's purposes (I can't really imagine Jiminy going through the trouble of keeping track of every minigame high score, hit count, random floating crowns, ...).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think a more or less accurate representation of what Jiminy's journal actually holds is the "story" part of each world. The rest is just for the player's purposes (I can't really imagine Jiminy going through the trouble of keeping track of every minigame high score, hit count, random floating crowns, ...).

Coded actually gives some credence to that view as the journals are shown there and they include only written text like in the "story" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back