• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your thoughts on the game so far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EchoFringe49

I'm up to quest 18 and so far i'm really enjoying it. Gameplay is fun, music is as good as you'd expect and the artstyle is really cute. I'm also surprised at how generous the game is when it comes to jewels. My one complaint is that quests are way too short and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm up to quest 10 and loving it so far! I'm definitely not a fan of mobile games and wasn't expecting to have this much fun. The quality of the game surprised me, I was expecting a cheap feeling but the sound quality and graphics are all excellent. Good stuff so far.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Just on quest 7, but as of right now I really dig it. Honestly, it's probably the first time I've enjoyed a mobile game so much. I chose Vulpes, and I'm getting a good bit of friends involved with it as well, likely all choosing Vulpes themselves. There's a lot more to this game than I realized, and some of its systems seem more complex than I expected, but I'm liking what I see so far. The music is fantastic.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Despite being a mobile game, it is still very much Kingdom Hearts henceforth the love for the game. I actually find this more enjoyable than Re: Coded and 358/2 Days because of how much original stuff it places onto existing Disney properties (E.g: Mad Hatter, Razoul, Gaston etc.) The lore side of things is really engaging and I just love the various medal designs too. It really pays tribute to Disney through the costume Easter eggs with the most obscure being Timothy Q. Mouse (Dumbo) and Thumper/Miss. Bunny (Bambi).

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
I'm just at mission 16, but yeah, so far it's been great.

I did think the tutorial section was a bit too long and repetitive, but just because the menus are so plainly laid out, that I instantly just wanted to explore.

I also like the new battle system. Sure, I miss my oh so familiar cards, but the medals work in pretty much the same way.

DoctahFaz

Awards
So far, so good. I'm also a new addition to mobile games in general. It does take some getting used to, but think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm in Unicornis and up to Quest 15.

Nicki6082

I'm really enjoying so far I'm on mission 18 as well. I also thought the tutorial was a bit long and I love the medals. The design is super cute and the music is great. Very good quality for a mobile game that almost makes you forget you're playing a mobile game.

Hallowseve

I have barely made any progress, but it's the first mobile game I've enjoyed.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Not much in the way of sleeping happened last night.

I'm finding myself standing corrected on many of the issues I thought I would have with the game. It feels like a fully realized, surprisingly intricate mobile game which plays consistently and evenly. The thing that's most impressive to me is the game's sense of balance (at least so far). I wish console KH games were so well structured; the game is easy and inviting enough for newcomers to get into (I had zero problem jumping right in and taught myself about most of the elements of the game before a tutorial screen ever popped up to explain), but there's a notable "expert" strategy aspect to it that is available for gamers who want to take it to another, more competitive level.

I'm still not to keen on the plot of Unchained having ramifications for the main plot of the KH games; I would have preferred it to remain a very loosely connected piece of fairy tale history with its own internal storyline. But at least it's a lot of fun so far. And it looks like you can get access to most features without running into a paywall, so that's good.

Dr_Mario64

I think this accurately reflects my feelings:
14d322759b70214b

Seriously, though. I am legitimately impressed at how well this game was handled. Despite being on mobile, it still very much contains that Kingdom Hearts feel to it. Not to mention, it fixes just about every problem I could have with mobile games. It's easy to pick up, yet still feels like my time amounts to something. It's free-to-play, yet microtransactions are nonintrusive and feeling more like an exciting opportunity than an obligation. I'm a bit on the fence about difficulty, but I imagine that'll pick up soon enough.

Scythozan

I like it. Best part, its free. And I actually can play it on PC, since I don't have a phone that can play this. Pretty surprised how it runs on the Nox emulator.

WaveK89

I'm only mission 8, but I'm enjoying the game. It's certainly different, and perhaps a bit easy. Nonetheless, I'm excited. I went with Vulpes, but my friend chose Anguis which means we can't play together, but that's alright. I really do like the Dearly Beloved theme, but I'm worried as often as I'm hearing it that it will become 'less' beloved.

Anagram

Banned
My only thoughts so far "this reminds me of Odin Sphere".

Last edited:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I think this accurately reflects my feelings:
14d322759b70214b

Seriously, though. I am legitimately impressed at how well this game was handled. Despite being on mobile, it still very much contains that Kingdom Hearts feel to it. Not to mention, it fixes just about every problem I could have with mobile games. It's easy to pick up, yet still feels like my time amounts to something. It's free-to-play, yet microtransactions are nonintrusive and feeling more like an exciting opportunity than an obligation. I'm a bit on the fence about difficulty, but I imagine that'll pick up soon enough.

Couldnt agree more. I feel like you're rewarded quite often, and they aren't too stingy with rewards like often seen in mobile gaming. I am concerned about the lack of difficulty, as I'm around mission 27 or 28 and still find it easy.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
*Wants to capture game footage as I have done with past KH games*
*have multiple cables/adapters for outputting to tv*
*turns out my phone doesn't support that feature*
*& it was taken out of 5th gen Kindle Fires*
*Remembers reading something about XB1 having a Miracast app*
*finds out it's a been in the preview program for a whole year now with no signs of going public anytime*
*Sets up Bluestacks instead*
*Win10 Game DVR will not open at all, not just in BS but for any program*
*Fraps, OBS, & other pc game capture software has in the past never cooperated with me*
*Digs out old phone & is currently charging it, praying that KHX even runs on it*
*Old phone won't start at all*

Excuse me while I type with my forehead: mlkim8jk num8j num8j

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Okay I played some more, and I know I probably should've expected this, but I'm rather disappoint you have to be the same guild to play with someone else. This isn't letting my friends be my power Nomura!

I also feel to bad for the snake lady to leave since she's apparently rarely picked.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Okay I played some more, and I know I probably should've expected this, but I'm rather disappoint you have to be the same guild to play with someone else. This isn't letting my friends be my power Nomura!

I also feel to bad for the snake lady to leave since she's apparently rarely picked.

I didn't pick her for this reason. I feel like a character not being picked further hurts them from being picked. They're stuck in an eternity of just being unwanted.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Okay, time for some more detailed thoughts:

Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday. However, because I'm shut down from work for a week, I was able to go to (Daybreak) town on this game today. I started around 9:00am this morning and I am now on Quest 125.

-Initially was confused by the menu and all the options, but quickly caught on. KH games always seem to have cool and interesting "deck" systems
-This game is extremely subtle with the storytelling.
-It actually gets pretty hard in some places. Wibbler Wobblers, that is all.
-This is probably what Coded should have been
-Got pretty lucky and scored a level 6 KH2 Sora medal on my first try, so I've had a very strong leg to stand on
-
Spoiler Spoiler Show

-I realize that we're seeing present tense characters in a past tense game because
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's it for now. Overall, really enjoying it.

Anagram

Banned
I didn't pick her for this reason. I feel like a character not being picked further hurts them from being picked. They're stuck in an eternity of just being unwanted.

I picked her for the same, or is it opposite, reasons. I first picked her randomly but I feel kinda attached to an underdog. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back