• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your thoughts on Sora is the Master of Masters theory? Do you want it to happen?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
I mean, the Master told Xehanort his name, and at the very least he obviously didn't say it was Sora, since Xehanort says he never found out who the guy was.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I honestly do not like this theory and do not want it to be true.

The Master Of Masters is one of the most interesting characters that Nomura has concocted for the series, and I really want him to be someone we've never seen before. Having him be someone that's already been around would be kind of a letdown. Though, if it's handled the way Xigbar's reveal of being Luxu was done, I could accept the MoM being a character we're already acquainted with, just as long as it isn't Sora.
In my opinion, the MoM could either end up being Demyx or someone entirely new.
• Demyx because of some shared bits of personality and this character hasn't been revealed much (unlike Luxord)

• Someone entirely new: he's actually the opposite of Darkness: Light. he doesn't have a corporeal form, but uses a robe to sorta take a form

May-Jor

Awards
I know this game already has a ton of tropes but something about KH having that "evil older version of protagonist" trope feels eye-roll worthy.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
In my opinion, the MoM could either end up being Demyx or someone entirely new.
• Demyx because of some shared bits of personality and this character hasn't been revealed much (unlike Luxord)

• Someone entirely new: he's actually the opposite of Darkness: Light. he doesn't have a corporeal form, but uses a robe to sorta take a form
The first one is a 95% nope. The character files reveal that the two have met. 5% given because this series is weird af and you can actually “meet yourself” (time travel, body swaps, Nobodies and replicas, etc.).

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
The first one is a 95% nope. The character files reveal that the two have met. 5% given because this series is weird af and you can actually “meet yourself” (time travel, body swaps, Nobodies and replicas, etc.).

Which character file? Boy, am I happy to read this.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
A part of me doesn't want to know who the Master of Masters is. The mystery is half the fun. Him being a established character regardless who it is will not live up to the hype. I prefer it just be a new character. I'm not a big fan of turning old characters into new ones because it creates so much inconsistent issues with established character lore.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com

Assuming you're referring to the bit where Demyx says: "But yeah, it’s just like he was always saying—y’know, the “may your heart be your guiding key” guy? Hey, but wait, what’s it supposed to be guiding me to again?"

FWIW, the same user whose post I linked to earlier was one of the translators working on the character files and made some comments to the effect that the connotation of the original suggests Demyx is remembering something as he says that line. See below for setsugekka's explanation:

"Demyx doesn't know his name. It seems like he might not even remember the full phrase because he leaves out the word "key." (Everybody else ignored that part in their translations for some reason... The phrase is "kagi ga michibiku kokoro no mama ni" but he leaves out the "kagi ga" part. Uh... idk, this seems important to me.) So when he tries to remember what's "guiding him", I took that to mean that he was trying to remember the word "key." (Not "heart", mind you.) It's kind of ominous. It feels like he's on the edge of remembering something very important at the end. Assuming I'm reading it the way they intended, then it gives me the impression that he'll remember who he is if he can remember that word and say the whole phrase. It's like he's not even allowed to say the whole thing yet. Gotta save it for that special moment. For now, they're just teasing you with it." (post is here: https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/1...n-you-even-want/?tab=comments#comment-2928727)

Again, not 100% convinced this means he's remembering his identity as MoM, but it's interesting nuance nonetheless. Maybe someone else here with Japanese language skills can corroborate!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Assuming you're referring to the bit where Demyx says: "But yeah, it’s just like he was always saying—y’know, the “may your heart be your guiding key” guy? Hey, but wait, what’s it supposed to be guiding me to again?"

FWIW, the same user whose post I linked to earlier was one of the translators working on the character files and made some comments to the effect that the connotation of the original suggests Demyx is remembering something as he says that line. See below for setsugekka's explanation:

"Demyx doesn't know his name. It seems like he might not even remember the full phrase because he leaves out the word "key." (Everybody else ignored that part in their translations for some reason... The phrase is "kagi ga michibiku kokoro no mama ni" but he leaves out the "kagi ga" part. Uh... idk, this seems important to me.) So when he tries to remember what's "guiding him", I took that to mean that he was trying to remember the word "key." (Not "heart", mind you.) It's kind of ominous. It feels like he's on the edge of remembering something very important at the end. Assuming I'm reading it the way they intended, then it gives me the impression that he'll remember who he is if he can remember that word and say the whole phrase. It's like he's not even allowed to say the whole thing yet. Gotta save it for that special moment. For now, they're just teasing you with it." (post is here: https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/1...n-you-even-want/?tab=comments#comment-2928727)

Again, not 100% convinced this means he's remembering his identity as MoM, but it's interesting nuance nonetheless. Maybe someone else here with Japanese language skills can corroborate!
That said, I don't think the MoM is Demyx now. It'd be one hell of a trope if the MoM falls into "already established character" and "already established character finally remembers who he is".

I'm starting to think the MoM is someone else. Plus I doubt Nomura would want to reuse a character for someone I presume he likes writing about.

I'm starting to think that Demyx might know Luxord because he's an Upperclassman that got stranded into Quadratum.

Foxycian

Awards
Eh no one will care for what I’ll say but I’ll say it anyway😂

I will probably lose interest a little, but surely I will still stay a fan.

Back