• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your dream game announcements?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Not really anything specific, but I'd definitely love to see more AAA with queer characters, especially in lead roles.

Or, you know, they could add them in with a purpose and naturally instead of just having them there to check a box saying 'hey look at us, we have a gay character in our game.' There's nothing wrong with wanting that, but having it forced in would be a wrong way to go about it

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, but it probably will never happen any other way otherwise it already would have.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
One of the FFXV dudes better be gay.

have you seen prompto?

more games i want to see:
-new spectrobes on Wii U
-Compilation of FF7 Complete on PS4, featuring every game to date remastered
-Theaterhythm/Dissidia Kingdom Hearts
-Mirage Arena: The Game
-post-apocalyptic KH starring goofy and kairi

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Or, you know, they could add them in with a purpose and naturally instead of just having them there to check a box saying 'hey look at us, we have a gay character in our game.' There's nothing wrong with wanting that, but having it forced in would be a wrong way to go about it
tumblr_o4m9v0YUml1ugvzu5o1_540.jpg

have you seen prompto?
I did think of Prompto, but when Versus was in development Prompto was described as like a womanizer type. I don't know if that characterization is still true now, but that's what made me think he wouldn't be.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

200_s.gif

I mean, as long as the character's treated like a normal character and not used as a headpiece for a really heavy-handed social justice lecture, I couldn't care less.
Oh, and I know that the player character in Fallout 4 and Skyrim can marry potential spouses regardless of gender. Yeah yeah, I know that's not the same as what y'all are looking for. Too bad, I felt like mentioning that.

-Theaterhythm/Dissidia Kingdom Hearts

How did I forget about this?! Theatrhythm KH, absolutely.
I'd also be pretty happy if Sora and Riku were confirmed for Disney Infinity.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
200_s.gif

I mean, as long as the character's treated like a normal character and not used as a headpiece for a really heavy-handed social justice lecture, I couldn't care less.

That's exactly what'll probably happen if people keep crying for more gay characters in entertainment media and it's not handled properly. But honestly, someone's sexuality shouldn't matter anyway, it's about their actions and morals that make them who they are. So if people are looking for that to be the center of attention, and I don't know why they would be, they're probably gonna be disappointed cause it'll make them look token. Otherwise, like you said, Bioware and Bethesda have you covered there for the more personal rpg's.

How did I forget about this?! Theatrhythm KH, absolutely.
I'd also be pretty happy if Sora and Riku were confirmed for Disney Infinity.

I would honestly be so down for a KH rhythm game and play the ever loving shit out of it.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
But honestly, someone's sexuality shouldn't matter anyway
So let's get rid of all the straight characters too then~

Otherwise, like you said, Bioware and Bethesda have you covered there for the more personal rpg's.
While those instances are worth noting and are appreciated, gaming also is bereft of characters whose sexuality are not player determined and that's also an issue worth addressing.

I too have wanted a KH theatrythm game though. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet tbh.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That's exactly what'll probably happen if people keep crying for more gay characters in entertainment media and it's not handled properly.

Emphasis on the bold. Intentionally creating gay characters is not a bad thing. Being a bad storyteller is a bad thing.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't know if you were joking or not, but I'd be perfectly happy if this happened. I hate it when a perfectly good story gets hijacked by an unjustified Romance Subplot From Nowhere. I watch action movies for the action, not the kissing scene, dammit!

Emphasis on the bold. Intentionally creating gay characters is not a bad thing. Being a bad storyteller is a bad thing.
Of course. And a flat character who's defined by only one trait or quirk, no matter what that might be, is a pretty lame character. Difference being that queer stuff is one of those controversial topics that can easily ruffle feathers. If I had my way, no one would care about that stuff, but...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't know if you were joking or not, but I'd be perfectly happy if this happened. I hate it when a perfectly good story gets hijacked by an unjustified Romance Subplot From Nowhere. I watch action movies for the action, not the kissing scene, dammit!

i love avengers age of ultron and forced big dick puns.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Which gets into another thing I'd like to see, more games with better written women, and women in major roles that aren't reduced to romance plots.

^^^^^And characters of color.
This aswell :3

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
...this thread has certainly taken a spin to the interesting, haha.

*cough* Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut... back on topic! xD Audo mentioned a Majora's Mask 2. I'm down for that. That would make the Hero of Time story a trilogy. And I like the sound of that: the Hero of Time Trilogy~ I mean, how did the Hero of Time died? Why is he like a soul that doesn't leave the world of the living as the Hero's Shade?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Audo said:
I did think of Prompto, but when Versus was in development Prompto was described as like a womanizer type. I don't know if that characterization is still true now, but that's what made me think he wouldn't be.
Prompto is super pervy to Cindy in the demo so I doubt it. :C I mourn possibly gay Prompto.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
xD Audo mentioned a Majora's Mask 2. I'm down for that. That would make the Hero of Time story a trilogy. And I like the sound of that: the Hero of Time Trilogy~ I mean, how did the Hero of Time died? Why is he like a soul that doesn't leave the world of the living as the Hero's Shade?
Yeah. I don't know if I'd want it to be a direct sequel or just another Zelda game that captures that amazing atmosphere and focus on NPC and side-quests, but yeah. MM is my favourite Zelda so I'd love another one similar to it while still being its own thing :3

As others have mentioned, I'd also love a return to form for the Paper Mario series someday.

What I'd really like is for more AAA games to take a risk on new IPs. I liked how The Last of Us was its own complete thing, that felt unique with its own world. I understand the desire for people to see it become a series, but what I'd really like is for that team to work on another new IP like it, just as complete. I'd love for that to be the ongoing trend in the industry, of continued new stories and mechanics and taking risks. Obviously won't happen, but I'd certainly love for sequels and franchises to be less the norm.

Prompto is super pervy to Cindy in the demo so I doubt it. :C
Greaaaaat my "favourite" kind of character. :///

If I had my way, no one would care about that stuff, but...
If I had my way, queer characters would be so commonplace that it wouldn't even be a controversy to include them.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If I had my way, queer characters would be so commonplace that it wouldn't even be a controversy to include them.
I like your philosophy.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that I want to see another Bioshock game. One that takes place in a completely different setting than Columbia or Rapture, hopefully.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

While those instances are worth noting and are appreciated, gaming also is bereft of characters whose sexuality are not player determined and that's also an issue worth addressing.

Haha, I mean, sure, let's just make everyone asexual and forget about biology.

I too have wanted a KH theatrythm game though. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet tbh.

I'm playing Persona 4 at the moment, with Persona 4 Dancing up next, and I'm so excited to play that, so seeing a KH game like that would be amazing.

On topic, I really would love to see Versus XIII actually come out =/ I'm somewhat excited for XV, but it makes me sad that Versus XIII will never see the light of day. Or even the original concept of BioShock Infinite. It's literally an entirely different game.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Oh yeah, I just remembered that I want to see another Bioshock game. One that takes place in a completely different setting than Columbia or Rapture, hopefully.
Same. I really hope the next one doesn't try to fit into the current settings or story.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what people need to understand is not to "force" queer and characters of color in games, but stop fucking sidestepping them and acting like they don't exist. you build a fantasy world full of immortal gods and mile high behemoths but can't have a well-written black or gay dude? lmao get over yourselves.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm curious what "forced" characters in games even look like. Like, people bring it up all the time, but does anyone actually have examples of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back