• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeekerofLight

Not 100% sure about streamlining BBS into a single story, what I would like to see is being able to switch characters on the fly. Was annoying to have 4 different save files for each character + final episode. If I could switch characters whenever I get stuck it would help a lot on harder difficulties (don't know if BBS fm has a critical mode or not)

BagelBreath

Awards
You are correct. And that would be a really awesome idea, but it would be very unlikely to happen since all phasers are set for KH3 at the moment. So, having to also completely remake DDD alongside KH3 and somehow make all the touch screen functionality of the 3DS work with the PS4 would be quite difficult.

The most likely outcome is a recap or a "revealing as it goes" situation like KH2, where you didn't truly understand how the games completely tied together until you progressed farther and the characters would reference moments from past games that connect to a scene currently happening.

The PS4 controller has a touchpad on it. I think the PS4 touchpad would work out just fine, the only touch controls I remember are poking/petting DEs and some simple reality shifts. Some of the reality shifts might not work out, but they could change them or something.

I'm hoping they'll do a remake eventually, even if it's after KH3.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yyyeah, let's not remove anything, lol Mirage Arena <3

Adding things like capes (PS3 is obviously capable of handling this, Lightning says, "Hello") and an option to switch between characters at will (as in DDD) would be nice extras though! :D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The PS4 controller has a touchpad on it.

I know, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the reality shifts would work. We don't know how exactly the touchpad is even used during gameplay yet. The RS in the Hunchback world would be pretty tricky since you have to draw lines between your enemies. Wouldn't be easy if your view of the enemies and where you draw the line are separated.

If they could pull it off, it'd be amazing, but I don't see it happening.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I know, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the reality shifts would work. We don't know how exactly the touchpad is even used during gameplay yet. The RS in the Hunchback world would be pretty tricky since you have to draw lines between your enemies. Wouldn't be easy if your view of the enemies and where you draw the line are separated.

If they could pull it off, it'd be amazing, but I don't see it happening.
Agreed, most the RS' like the hunchback one require the screen to line things up or time a swipe (like TWTNW reality shift or the Symphony of sorcery one). Plus there's the dream eater stuff to.

I doubt they could pull it off.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Nothing really, though I hope they put some Dream Drop Distance in there for those who like to know things a bit easier before KH3. I've played DDD a few times now and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Nothing really, though I hope they put some Dream Drop Distance in there for those who like to know things a bit easier before KH3. I've played DDD a few times now and I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on lol.

Have you played all the previous games? Because if DDD doesn't make sense then KH3 will be like KH2 without CoM all over again.

Agreed, most the RS' like the hunchback one require the screen to line things up or time a swipe (like TWTNW reality shift or the Symphony of sorcery one). Plus there's the dream eater stuff to.

I doubt they could pull it off.

Exactly. Best to just make it cutscenes and avoid a nasty downrating due to "poor touchpad controls". Or they could just remap the Reality Shifts to somewhere else on the controller I suppose. But again, development time and money. Might as well spend it on KH3 instead.

BagelBreath

Awards
They could always make new reality shifts/minigames for the ones that don't work, I don't think it's a big deal.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They could always make new reality shifts/minigames for the ones that don't work, I don't think it's a big deal.

But again, besides it being totally awesome to have a fully playable DDD in HD, it would be better for the development time and budget of KH3 to just turn DDD into cutscenes or recap it in KH3 somehow.

Nexus

I think having it in cut-scenes would be fine. Nice fully..CGI cut-scene...Ok I gotta stop dreaming, but really I think a short re-cap would be nice. Or they go could for a FFXIII-2 route and have a menu options where you can listen/read of all the event chapters that happened in XIII.

Gram

Banned
Awards

As Cataclysm said it's about development time and budget, if they made DDD for the collection they'd have to remake it from the ground up like they would have for Days.
If it wasn't a big deal they would have remade days instead of giving it a scenes treatment.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If it wasn't a big deal they would have remade days instead of giving it a scenes treatment.

Which is why it's a 100% gaurantee that Re:coded is getting the exact same treatment in 2.5, and why DDD won't be playable in whatever why it's recapped for the fans, be it 2.5 cutscenes or KH3 intro.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Which is why it's a 100% gaurantee that Re:coded is getting the exact same treatment in 2.5, and why DDD won't be playable in whatever why it's recapped for the fans, be it 2.5 cutscenes or KH3 intro.

I look to see them recap DDD in kh3 intro or do something like they had in FF13-2 with the story details from it in the start menu.

Santiago

My main concern is that it might not be for the PS4 until Gaikai comes out, and even then, nobody knows when it'll be available on Gaikai. I'd appreciate a physical release, please.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I look to see them recap DDD in kh3 intro or do something like they had in FF13-2 with the story details from it in the start menu.

That's my guess. I still think it's odd that it won't be in 2.5. They might as well add the cutscenes. But I suppose it'll have to be recapped regardless, so that might be why.

My main concern is that it might not be for the PS4 until Gaikai comes out, and even then, nobody knows when it'll be available on Gaikai. I'd appreciate a physical release, please.

Only time will tell :/

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's my guess. I still think it's odd that it won't be in 2.5. They might as well add the cutscenes. But I suppose it'll have to be recapped regardless, so that might be why.

I think it a bit odd to, I know DDD is very recent compared to the rest but don't see why they can't make one theater mode out of recoded and DDD's scenes.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
As Cataclysm said it's about development time and budget, if they made DDD for the collection they'd have to remake it from the ground up like they would have for Days.
KH1 had to be recreated due to lost data. If they don't have a repeat of that with 2.5 wouldn't that mean they'd have more spare resources for DDD?

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
KH1 had to be recreated due to lost data. If they don't have a repeat of that with 2.5 wouldn't that mean they'd have more spare resources for DDD?

Well both are in PS2, but hopefully since KH2 is more newer than KH1, there won't be problems. And the rest of them will be easier since as I said, are more recent than the rest of the older games that would be placed in the game.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it a bit odd to, I know DDD is very recent compared to the rest but don't see why they can't make one theater mode out of recoded and DDD's scenes.

Personally I'd prefer if they'd make a Re:CoM-esque remake after KH3 than just reducing it to a theater mode movie. The game is alot of fun and I really think it would be a pity to just watch it and not get to play.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally I'd prefer if they'd make a Re:CoM-esque remake after KH3 than just reducing it to a theater mode movie. The game is alot of fun and I really think it would be a pity to just watch it and not get to play.
I agree it'd be a pity to, after all I was just stating what I'd think they'd do not what I want them to do, but many thought the same of days and that didnt' stop it from becoming just scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back