• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They won't do that. The BBS gameplay is also very popular from what I've come to understand, so there is no reason to change anything.

It's probably the most/second-most popular battle system in the series, occasionally beaten by Re:coded which was more balanced in comparison.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So I just had a random thought about KHII in II.5. Does anyone think they might have the voice actor for Selphie redub how she pronounced Tidus' name? Honestly, I really doubt they'd do something that small, but seeing as how much confusion that name gets (and that it's more consistently pronounced "Tee-dus" as apposed to "Tie-dus"), what do you all think?

Sorarocks93

Awards
At this point, I'm pretty sure DDD won't be in 2.5 but I think it has a better chance of being included on the disc with KH3. Similar to how FFXIII-2 had FFXIII recapped on the disc, KH3 would do that with DDD. I doubt there would be a movie, just some clips here and there to largely go with text. It would solve the whole problem of next year still being to close to DDD's original release last year and it would catch everyone up completely on KH3 while simultaneously giving them the moment RIGHT before KH3 happens right before they start it.

I don't get why would that be a problem.

Metal Gear Solid:peace Walker and God of War:Ghost of Sparta were both included in their own HD collections 1 year after they were released.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't get why would that be a problem.

Metal Gear Solid:peace Walker and God of War:Ghost of Sparta were both included in their own HD collections 1 year after they were released.

No kiddin'. Re:coded was released 8 months after the last episode of the original game. :p

BagelBreath

Awards
Didn't RE:CoM come with KH2FM+?
It would be cool if they gave us "RE:DDD" with KH3, or made a limited edition bundle with both games or something. Highly unlikely, but it would be awesome. :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Didn't RE:CoM come with KH2FM+?
It would be cool if they gave us "RE:DDD" with KH3, or made a limited edition bundle with both games or something. Highly unlikely, but it would be awesome. :)

You are correct. And that would be a really awesome idea, but it would be very unlikely to happen since all phasers are set for KH3 at the moment. So, having to also completely remake DDD alongside KH3 and somehow make all the touch screen functionality of the 3DS work with the PS4 would be quite difficult.

The most likely outcome is a recap or a "revealing as it goes" situation like KH2, where you didn't truly understand how the games completely tied together until you progressed farther and the characters would reference moments from past games that connect to a scene currently happening.

Sorarocks93

Awards
The most likely outcome is a recap or a "revealing as it goes" situation like KH2, where you didn't truly understand how the games completely tied together until you progressed farther and the characters would reference moments from past games that connect to a scene currently happening.

That didn't help at all. You still had no idea what's going on if you didn't play Chain of Memories.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
There's a lot of lines I hope the re-record in KH2. Like seriously. Also I'm just excited to play Birth By Sleep again. All I want is camera control with the extra analog stick. Did they add that for Kingdom Hearts in the 1.5 collection?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There's a lot of lines I hope the re-record in KH2. Like seriously. Also I'm just excited to play Birth By Sleep again. All I want is camera control with the extra analog stick. Did they add that for Kingdom Hearts in the 1.5 collection?
Yes, the camera is controlled with the right analog. Doesn't prevent it from still being horrible though.

Voltron

Silver Member
So I just had a random thought about KHII in II.5. Does anyone think they might have the voice actor for Selphie redub how she pronounced Tidus' name? Honestly, I really doubt they'd do something that small, but seeing as how much confusion that name gets (and that it's more consistently pronounced "Tee-dus" as apposed to "Tie-dus"), what do you all think?

This doesn't seem like it would be changed honestly. I wouldn't see them changing it, but it is a possibility. Personally, I don't want the name change, because "Tie-dus" sounds much better than "Tee-dus."

Samhain

Bronze Member
How 'bout putting back the capes as it was planned in BBS during the beginning, and get rid of that stupid Mirage Arena BS

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I am playing Birth by Sleep right now for the first time ever. Wouldn't it be cool to play through the game as one scenario? You'd change between TVA in the order the story takes place. I don't think they'll do it, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
How 'bout putting back the capes as it was planned in BBS during the beginning, and get rid of that stupid Mirage Arena BS

They definitely should re-add the capes. Ever since I first fought Terra in KH2FM with his cape and then when I played BBS, TAV's outfits have always looked like they're missing something. The capes just add something to it.

But no. The Mirage Arena has major potential on the PS3.

Or they keep Mirage Arena considering it is a huge aspect of the game and make it online multiplayer.

Preach it, girl!

I am playing Birth by Sleep right now for the first time ever. Wouldn't it be cool to play through the game as one scenario? You'd change between TVA in the order the story takes place. I don't think they'll do it, but it would be cool nonetheless.

But part of the game is unlocking additional pieces of information about the story and/or getting certain scenes from different angles. Combining all of them into one story would remove that "puzzle" of figuring out the full story and remove those unique perspectives of the repeated cutscenes.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
You are correct. And that would be a really awesome idea, but it would be very unlikely to happen since all phasers are set for KH3 at the moment. So, having to also completely remake DDD alongside KH3 and somehow make all the touch screen functionality of the 3DS work with the PS4 would be quite difficult.

Not really since they can move the touch screen features to the vita or any other tablet on PS4. For PS3 I have no clue.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Voltron Hahaha. Fair enough:) Honestly, I didn't think they'd change something that small, but I thought I might as well bring it up, anyway. And to be fair, I also prefer "Tie-dus" for reasons, but I'm not bothered too much by the other pronunciation (especially since I think it's the "right" one), and I suppose I favor consistency more than anything, so... Though in truth, I really don't want to be part of the fight that changing Selphie's line might bring. Yikes! Another line I really want them to change is Riku's, "Don't worry. You're all still you." For some reason the "all" in that sentence really messes with my head, and throws the entire sentence and meaning out of whack for me. I get what the line's supposed to be, but I swear that one word muddled it up somewhat.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Yes, the camera is controlled with the right analog. Doesn't prevent it from still being horrible though.

That's disheartening to hear. Dx oh well.

Or how about put the capes in and keep the Arena cause it's a welcome change do the coliseum and has multiplayer potential.

But part of the game is unlocking additional pieces of information about the story and/or getting certain scenes from different angles. Combining all of them into one story would remove that "puzzle" of figuring out the full story and remove those unique perspectives of the repeated cutscenes.
While I agree I can get where he's coming from, going through all those worlds three separate times can get tedious for some. Especially for those that are using a character their not particularly fond of.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That didn't help at all. You still had no idea what's going on if you didn't play Chain of Memories.

I never said it did. I was lost during those parts too, lol.

While I agree I can get where he's coming from, going through all those worlds three separate times can get tedious for some. Especially for those that are using a character their not particularly fond of.

True, true. I wasn't particularly fond of Aqua's play style. And I didn't like having to do Radiant Garden three times and have it be the same thing almost every time. But like I said. It's the way the game's designed. Mushing it all into one would ruin what Nomura designed it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back